Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
So my husband has his citizenship application received officially in April 2021 and when he checks his online status for the number of months to process it says 27 months!! Is this what others are getting? Is there a spreadsheet somewhere for tracking the application status? It's looking like others who applied at the same time (assume you are going by the official receipt date and not the date the application was mailed). I'm getting a bit discouraged :(

Citizenship test and background verification are showing complete. His language, physical presence, prohibitions are all showing "In progress"

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
i called IRCC today and told them that old ecas shows decision made but the tracker shows in progress, they checked and they said decision is made on april 14 ! i asked why the tracker is not updating ? the agent said she doesnt know , she said probably because decision is made recently and it needs time to update (which i dont see why) ! anyhow, we are now waiting for the oath letter ! hopefully this wont take a month and half like all other montreal office canadidates !

sraboni5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
i called IRCC today and told them that old ecas shows decision made but the tracker shows in progress, they checked and they said decision is made on april 14 ! i asked why the tracker is not updating ? the agent said she doesnt know , she said probably because decision is made recently and it needs time to update (which i dont see why) ! anyhow, we are now waiting for the oath letter ! hopefully this wont take a month and half like all other montreal office canadidates !
when did you give your citizenship test?

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
So my husband has his citizenship application received officially in April 2021 and when he checks his online status for the number of months to process it says 27 months!! Is this what others are getting? Is there a spreadsheet somewhere for tracking the application status? It's looking like others who applied at the same time (assume you are going by the official receipt date and not the date the application was mailed). I'm getting a bit discouraged :(

Citizenship test and background verification are showing complete. His language, physical presence, prohibitions are all showing "In progress"
Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=2093304809

27 months is the revised processing timeline. There are still a few applicants from 2019 waiting on the oath ceremony, this is the reason for the revised timeline. But there are applicants who are getting the citizenship between 8-15 months.

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
i just checked the new tracker and found the information got updated ! it seems the new tracker is catching up

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hi, Please update the tracker:

Prohibitions, Language Skills, and Physical presence updated to Complete on Apr 20.

Also, could anyone advise what is the next steps after this? My BG and test are already completed. How long it typically takes from here.

Last edited:

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Today I received an update on the online tracker. "Citizenship ceremony" is now in progress and I am scheduled for May 11th. Very exciting.

Now I wait to receive the email with the instructions and zoom invitation.
Congrats.
What is the date on the Application History part of the tracker for the citizenship ceremony. Is it dated today?
Also when was Prohibition and Presence and BG completed on new tracker?
I notice that you got DM on March 29th, so trying to figure out the timelines by IRCC.

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
Update:

My citizenship application status is now Closed!
Thanks everyone for your support. Wishing everyone waiting a smooth sailing. It's a journey!

Montrealer_1

Apr 8, 2022
Visa Office......
Montreal
anyone knows how long it takes to receive the citizenship certificate starting from the date of the ceremony date ? from what i know to apply for a passport, they need to see the original citizenship certificate !