+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Mar 29, 2022
I also have extensive travel history, mostly to Europe and Asia. I also lived in China for some of the time during my eligibility period. I provided bio-pages and wasn’t required to submit scans of anything else. I provided a police record from China as this was required but my understanding is that IRCC will go through Interpol to check your travel history if they deem it necessary. I guess if that’s not possible they will ask for all the stamps.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
It’s a great and practical suggestion!!

Me and my friends/ family (all are very well travelled with stamps from over 20+ countries) we all did the same thing when we applied for our citizenship(s). Not one of us were requested to provide translations. So just chill out !

I’d recommend do not make a simple process unnecessarily complicated.

@messiry happy to share my experiences if required. Please ignore the opinions expressed by the other ill informed member.
It's rather bizarre that you are labeling people "ill formed" for simply following the instructions spelt out on IRCC's website.

MikeEH

Sep 10, 2021
This is an open forum and I’ve shared my personal experience (that has worked!) . So take it or leave it!

All those extra smart folks posting screenshots, I’ve got a question for y’all…If the instructions are so clear and the IRCC website is this infallible source of information and ‘perfect’ guidelines why the heck are we on this forum asking questions? Shouldn’t we all just read it and follow the instructions to the T?

Y’all want to be extra go for it!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I was looking through the forum to see what others have experienced and it seems that the time between DM and oath can take up to 6 months. I guess we should be prepared for that. Also, there are some cases where the oath would be updated on the tracker, but without sending the zoom invitation, +so it is important to keep checking the tracker so that you have time to email them in case they don't send the invitation in time. I don't think anyone wants to miss their oath and gets added back to that never-ending queue.
It has been 2 months and 3 days since I have been on DM and still no oath. The Oath shows as not started. Dont know how long I will have to keep waiting!

Last edited:

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
This is an open forum and I’ve shared my personal experience (that has worked!) . So take it or leave it!

All those extra smart folks posting screenshots, I’ve got a question for y’all…If the instructions are so clear and the IRCC website is this infallible source of information and ‘perfect’ guidelines why the heck are we on this forum asking questions? Shouldn’t we all just read it and follow the instructions to the T?

I am not going to tell the IRCC that I will not provide stamp translations because MikeEH says it is not needed.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021

some things work for people some does not. Doesn't mean you can be so arrogant with your conversation just because things are working for you. Good for you!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I am not going to tell the IRCC that I will not provide stamp translations because MikeEH says it is not needed.
Exactly right.

We are on this forum to help each other understand the rules and guidelines (where it in unclear) not to encourage ignoring it altogether. Like @wksj mentioned above, No one is likely going to be able to justify not submitting a supporting document on the ground that "I read it online by an anonymous poster that it is not necessary" especially when it is contrary to IRCC guideline.

I'm glad it worked out for you and thanks for posting your experience.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I only submitted bio-pages and wasn’t asked for anything else. Submit what is required of you.
Agree with this . Send what is asked for and if they need the pages in your passport they will ask for it at a later date.
And IF they do ask for it at a later time in your processing, follow all of their instructions with regard to translations .

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Guys, the more bizarre thing just happened. I Have been waiting for 2 months and 3 days for Oath. Today morning, I sent in a web form saying that I need to travel in June and if they could kindly schedule my oath since I have already got my DM.

I just got an oath email from them an hour ago for an Oath ceremony scheduled for next week!! However, the online tracker still doesn't show oath! So online status shows - Oath not started. However I received an Oath invitation on email. Is this normal?

Either way I am super excited!

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Guys, the more bizarre thing just happened. I Have been waiting for 2 months and 3 days for Oath. Today morning, I sent in a web form saying that I need to travel in June and if they could kindly schedule my oath since I have already got my DM.

I just got an oath email from them an hour ago for an Oath ceremony scheduled for next week!! However, the online tracker still doesn't show oath! So online status shows - Oath not started. However I received an Oath invitation on email. Is this normal?

Either way I am super excited!
Did you apply online and what is your primary processing office?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Did you apply online and what is your primary processing office?
No, it was paper processing. And my office is Hamilton but the Oath invitation came from the Niagara Office. The online tracker status still shows - Oath not started!

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
On 8th april my ecas shows “Decision Made” and tracker has been updated as completed for all activities other than citizenship ceremony. Hopefully will get an update soon. Timeline in the signature.
Same here but how to see ecas? Decision made??

Kakashi03

Nov 6, 2021
Hi All. I just wanted to update that after such a long wait and completion of citizenship oath on April 7th, we finally got out citizenship certificates. Thanks each and everyone on this forum for the knowledge and support. I hope all those who are waiting will get good news soon as well. On to my next journey of getting the passports ->

• Love
Reactions: Mr_nobody and aacan