+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My wife and I took the test on Nov 6 (Test window was Nov 1st - 21st) but the online tracker still shows "in progress". Used Mac and took clear images of our DL and photos, don't think there should be an issue. We also received the email confirming our test scores.

Should I be concerned? Call IRCC to check what the happened?
You can try to call but it is challenging. Updates in the system varies by the local office processing your application, it could take from 1 day, weeks or months to get this updated.

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
AOR - Received Aug 26
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Fingerprint Request Received: 17 Nov 2021
Fingerprint Done : 18 Nov 2021

Reactions: mpreetsingh

gwynbleidd

May 12, 2021
The online tracker is showing the background check was completed on November 15, but I didn't receive an email to take the test. Is this normal?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
The online tracker is showing the background check was completed on November 15, but I didn't receive an email to take the test. Is this normal?
No email is sent when BG verification is completed. The only emails you will receive from IRCC are to request additional information/documents (Passport copies, Fingerprints, etc - not all applicants are required to submit to these), test, interview (if required), and Oath ceremony.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Something I am not understanding. When the Old ECAS says the application is in the process (Sep 9th) then BG check should have gotten complete within a couple of days from the processing date in ECAS. This is strange behaviour that BG is still not completed in our case.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Something I am not understanding. When the Old ECAS says the application is in the process (Sep 9th) then BG check should have gotten complete within a couple of days from the processing date in ECAS. This is strange behaviour that BG is still not completed in our case.
That could mean that FP will be requested, that happen to me, my family member's BG was completed two days after old Ecas changed to In process, but mine didn't and 8 weeks later I received the email from IRCC Vancouver to submit FP.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
That could mean that FP will be requested, that happen to me, my family member's BG was completed two days after old Ecas changed to In process, but mine didn't and 8 weeks later I received the email from IRCC Vancouver to submit FP.
Ah! I see. If that's the case then for us it's already crossed the 8 weeks timeline because it's more than 10 weeks now still no news :(.