+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Mar 9, 2021
I am a paper applicant (APR 2021)
Is there any APR applicant who is still waiting to hear the updates after receiving the AOR?
I received nothing from IRCC besides the AOR that came in July 2021....don't know what's going on with my application, this is very strange as there are no updates at all so far after AOR.
We're a family of 4 and still waiting for any updates. I just submitted a web form to ask for an update. I hope they won't tell me that I cannot ask about my two minor kids again it was in the case of our PR card renewals.
I messaged them back in June and asked about myself and my kids and they told me they could not confirm my relationship (sic!) to my kids and I would have to ask my kids ( 9 years old) to submit a Representative form for me to be able to inquire on their behalf. I mean... :D They are my kids, have my name and my name is on their forms as their parent. what else do they need from me to prove my relationship? :D

• Wow
Reactions: aman_78671

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Yes, fingerprints submitted November 15, since then no update on background check, meanwhile physical presence, language and test got completed.
That is so weird, have you tried to call them or send a web form to ask about it? Have you requested ATIP/GCMS? If the FP were submitted on Nov 15, 2021,they are valid for a year, so you should be fine, maybe they are waiting results from CSIS (security check). You can find more information about Background checks in this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Long time lurker.

Physical Presence Days: 1096.5
Application: Single (Paper)
Application sent: April 22nd, 2021
Delivered: April 26th, 2021
AOR: July 21st, 2021
FP Request: November 15th, 2021
Test Invite: November 19th, 2021
Test Status Completed: November 23rd, 2021
BG Completed: December 13th, 2021
Physical Presence, Language Skills, Prohibitions Completed: January 5th, 2022
Oath Ceremony: In Progress: January 16th, 2022
Oath Ceremony: Scheduled February 21st, 2022
Congratulations, your information was added to the spreadsheet!

trendtrader

May 31, 2017
hi everyone

I am experiencing something weird. In the new tracker everything except ceremony is complete since 02-Dec-2021 whereas old ECAS is still "In Process".

Any explanation will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Didn't get the email yet but my status tracker says oath ceremony on Feb 15th! Oath activity status updated on Jan 15th.

Reactions: $Navi$

DSA888

Nov 21, 2018
In my online status checker I see that the application was updated January 19, 2022. This is a change from August 26, 2021 when I got my AoR. Everything including background check is in progress.

Any idea what's likely going on? I have sent numerous web form requests without any replies.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
In my online status checker I see that the application was updated January 19, 2022. This is a change from August 26, 2021 when I got my AoR. Everything including background check is in progress.

Any idea what's likely going on? I have sent numerous web form requests without any replies.
Hi,
Usually, it takes time to reflect the updated data and as you mentioned it is updated today only so hopefully you will see something new within the coming hours or days. Good luck.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
hi everyone

I am experiencing something weird. In the new tracker everything except ceremony is complete since 02-Dec-2021 whereas old ECAS is still "In Process".

Any explanation will be greatly appreciated
Not sure if they really update the old tracker still.
IMO you should go by the new tracker as it is the most updated version I guess. Looks like you are going to get the ceremony date soon . Good luck.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi to All,
Is anyone out there waiting after the test completion and PC request? It's been a month since I sent my passport copy. Don't even know if going to get FP request as well. Is anyone in the same situation?

feliznavidad

Dec 24, 2021

It's a ghost update which means that usually you should see some concrete change, either an email or something in a few days.