+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Many government agencies are under extreme pressure these days due to the lack of staffing levels and that includes IRCC. By adding more pressure to an overburdened system and their workers, without direct benefit just seems silly to me. What do you aim to gain, to take out your frustrations on the system by way of the officers? Do yourself a favour and that of everyone involved with this process and wait patiently, your time will come.
The people you call are not the same immigration officers processing applications. Those are call agents whose job is to provide information about status of your file. It is important to get a temp file just to be sure your application did not get lost along the way by your courier service. What good does it make to sit back for 12 months not knowing that your file never even got to its destination?

Last edited:

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Other than saying, yah its here it has no bearing on when it will be opened or checked for completeness. Did your courier service provide a DELIVERED date. Furthermore people who call over and over do you think that will speed them up?

Reactions: D&S

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Other than saying, yah its here it has no bearing on when it will be opened or checked for completeness. Did your courier service provide a DELIVERED date. Furthermore people who call over and over do you think that will speed them up?
Like I said, the people you are calling are call center agents who are not responsible for processing applications. Calling them does not affect the speed of officers processing applications.

vaani412

Feb 6, 2020
I received the biometrics request for my husband 2 months ago and we applied for appointment but till date no response. What can be done in this situation?

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
The people you call are not the same immigration officers processing applications. Those are call agents whose job is to provide information about status of your file. It is important to get a temp file just to be sure your application did not get lost along the way by your courier service. What good does it make to sit back for 12 months not knowing that your file never even got to its destination?
It doesn't matter which section or sub-section of the IRCC the officers or the agents are employed by....all factions are under pressures due to staffing levels. It still doesn't make sense to make a call to an 'agent' to confirm the arrival of your application when tracking numbers do the same thing. And to make multiple calls to try to find a better agent, is just silly.

Reactions: adyc and cjr

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
It doesn't matter which section or sub-section of the IRCC the officers or the agents are employed by....all factions are under pressures due to staffing levels. It still doesn't make sense to make a call to an 'agent' to confirm the arrival of your application when tracking numbers do the same thing. And to make multiple calls to try to find a better agent, is just silly.
It may be silly to you, but it has put so many minds at ease after not knowing the whereabout of their file for several months. Not everyone has a tracking number like you. Never judge others by your own situation. By the way, you already have your partner with you in Canada. You clearly do not know what others are going through

Reactions: mandy24 and rrss13

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
So your received a temporary file number by calling multiple times? And if so, how, may I ask, has a temporary file number helped you with your application? Did it speed up the process? What?
It could help me to confirm one thing, my file was recevied, and they are start to prcoess my file, because they asigned a temp file number.

Reactions: ritod101

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Many government agencies are under extreme pressure these days due to the lack of staffing levels and that includes IRCC. By adding more pressure to an overburdened system and their workers, without direct benefit just seems silly to me. What do you aim to gain, to take out your frustrations on the system by way of the officers? Do yourself a favour and that of everyone involved with this process and wait patiently, your time will come.
you should understanding that the person who answer your phone call is different than the officer who looking your file. they are different departments.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Temp number does not mean they have started processing. At that point it hasnt even passed being complete.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I apologize but your responses lack empathy, to say the least. Firstly, agents are different from call center agents. So I don't understand what this "pressure" means? Secondly, it is their job answer calls during the stated 8am-4pm time. How is it wrong to ask them to do their job during their stipulated work hours? Should I tell my boss I don't want too many calls? No, because if that's my job that's what I have to do.

Also, are you with your partner in Canada? If yes, it's easier to preach when you don't have to go through the torture of staying away and trying to do what we can to ensure we are moving in the process, not speeding it up.

The person who initially asked applied in April 2020, and it's been 9 months. Some People from April have their PPRs, September 2020 have Temp numbers, so by getting a temp number it benefits the person to know their file wasn't lost by courier - which is a more common occurrence than you think. And the only way you find out your application is lost is - surprise - by calling in.

So yes, the person should call in, since this is an urgent matter. Let's not just make it "easy" for call center agents because you yourself don't have anything pressing, because if you did, you'd be dialing in yourself too.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Temp number does not mean they have started processing. At that point it hasnt even passed being complete.
Yes, but it does mean that the file isn't lost. That's why it's important for the person to know whether it's lost in case they have to reapply, unfortunately.

And I'm sorry, you yourself have been inundating forms with your responses, I see you on almost every thread with questions upon questions. There's no use for any of that either since none of your questions will speed up the process. So does that mean you should be advised to stop posting as well since like you said, it has no bearing on the application?