+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hmmmmm! Give some hope and encouragement pls.
idemobre you can try calling them to get a temporary file number. That is the best way to confirm that they have your file.
I called few times, only one rep are willing give me the temp file number. I am sorry to say that, but try to call them as much as you can.

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
`Please help!!!!

My application is returned after 9 months :( as we missed to tick the document checklist form IMM5533.
Do we have to fill all the forms all over again and send the documents as we have few changes now. My husband is changing his job and my visa is extended.
Police certificates were also submitted till Dec'19, please advise..
Just try to prepare the file as soon as possible. I am sorry for what happened to you. This time pay someone help you to check the file again. it only cost $500-$1000.

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi guys,
For those files already transferred to a visa office, how did you get notified? Is it by message on Mycic (with email) just like for biometrics and medical?
Anyone knows for what possible reason(s) some files are transferred to Ottawa, instead of the standard regional visa office for the PA?
My SA was said my file will transfer to Hong kong visa office, my wife just did medical exam this Tuesday. The same question here, how to know when the file will transfer to HK?
Also, I called today, and the phone system said "We are processing your background check.", I was called before, it was "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Could anyone help to confirm, if you have the same thing?

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
I honestly don't understand what calling will do for anyone's situation, let alone multiple calls! How is that helpful? We have all had to wait, every single one of us, especially during these unprecedented times! Patience is a virtue and harassing immigration officers for information they don't have is not very considerate.

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
I honestly don't understand what calling will do for anyone's situation, let alone multiple calls! How is that helpful? We have all had to wait, every single one of us, especially during these unprecedented times! Patience is a virtue and harassing immigration officers for information they don't have is not very considerate.
Calling them could not help to speed up to process your case, but if you want your temp file number, based on my experience, not every repe willing to give you the temp file number. So, what you can do is try to call them multiple times, and try your luck.

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Calling them could not help to speed up to process your case, but if you want your temp file number, based on my experience, not every repe willing to give you the temp file number. So, what you can do is try to call them multiple times, and try your luck.
So your received a temporary file number by calling multiple times? And if so, how, may I ask, has a temporary file number helped you with your application? Did it speed up the process? What?

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
My opinion a temp number means nothing. Yah states it there but still can be returned incomplete, and no idea when they will get to it. Sit back and wait.

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Many government agencies are under extreme pressure these days due to the lack of staffing levels and that includes IRCC. By adding more pressure to an overburdened system and their workers, without direct benefit just seems silly to me. What do you aim to gain, to take out your frustrations on the system by way of the officers? Do yourself a favour and that of everyone involved with this process and wait patiently, your time will come.