+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Dubai@123

Nov 28, 2020
`Please help!!!!

My application is returned after 9 months :( as we missed to tick the document checklist form IMM5533.
Do we have to fill all the forms all over again and send the documents as we have few changes now. My husband is changing his job and my visa is extended.
Police certificates were also submitted till Dec'19, please advise..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
`Please help!!!!

My application is returned after 9 months :( as we missed to tick the document checklist form IMM5533.
Do we have to fill all the forms all over again and send the documents as we have few changes now. My husband is changing his job and my visa is extended.
Sorry to hear that. While not defending their decision to return to you, the checklist is an important part of the package and tells them under which program you're applying and documents you're submitting and what type of evidence/relationship you are claiming.

The forms may have been updated since and I would advise to re-do and update all with new dates, incl signatures. Police form: best to get new. I would also suggest to get new passport-style photos.

Previous copies of official documents, translations, photo evidence of relationship should all be fine as is.

While it's possible you could get away with not updating something, definitely NOT worth the risk of having it returned again.

And of course: double, triple, quadruple check everything.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
`Please help!!!!

I thought there was meant to be some leniency with applicants during a pandemic. This seems a bit cruel, IMO.

I hope whatever you need to submit gets sorted. I guess it is not clear from what they are asking for that you might need to resubmit expired documents, like police certificates.

I really feel for you.

Dubai@123

Nov 28, 2020
Sorry to hear that. While not defending their decision to return to you, the checklist is an important part of the package and tells them under which program you're applying and documents you're submitting and what type of evidence/relationship you are claiming.

The forms may have been updated since and I would advise to re-do and update all with new dates, incl signatures. Police form: best to get new. I would also suggest to get new passport-style photos.

Previous copies of official documents, translations, photo evidence of relationship should all be fine as is.

While it's possible you could get away with not updating something, definitely NOT worth the risk of having it returned again.

And of course: double, triple, quadruple check everything.
I just checked forms have not changed, it's same as the time we applied. It's heart breaking after wait of 9 months they returned because we missed to tick point number 5 on the checklist. I am not sure how long will it take again.

Dubai@123

Nov 28, 2020
I thought there was meant to be some leniency with applicants during a pandemic. This seems a bit cruel, IMO.

I hope whatever you need to submit gets sorted. I guess it is not clear from what they are asking for that you might need to resubmit expired documents, like police certificates.

I really feel for you.
:( Nothing is mentioned in the letter for expired documents except below:
Please provide a newly completed Document checklist (IMM55330) for your application. PLEASE ENSURE BOTH PART A (INCLUDING QUESTION 5) AND PART B ARE COMPLETED.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just checked forms have not changed, it's same as the time we applied. It's heart breaking after wait of 9 months they returned because we missed to tick point number 5 on the checklist. I am not sure how long will it take again.
I would check in when you are ready to submit that no new versions.

But still, just print again and re-sign.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's heart breaking after wait of 9 months they returned because we missed to tick point number 5 on the checklist.
Again, they could have handled it differently and asked you to re-submit electronically - I agree on that. And sorry it happened to you.

But question 5 is Class of Application. It's one of the most substantive points on this particular form, and is not covered elsewhere in the application package (as far as I know). They cannot decide how to handle and treat any application without this information.

It's not just a 'tick' on a checklist. It's a substantial omission.

And to repeat, I do not like this way of handling and don't think they should have sent this back, I don't think the form is well structured, they should make this point more prominent (and in fact checklist is a bad choice of names), etc.

I agree with all that and they are valid points.

But this is not (from their perspective) a minor oversight or a typo, it has serious implications that only the applicant and sponsor can decide upon.

I know lots will disagree with this point and think it's a defence of IRCC. I am only emphasizing that characterisation of this as a forgotten tickmark akin to an irrelevant typo understates the importance.

[I will now duck out of the way]

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just checked forms have not changed, it's same as the time we applied.
Double check the date of the forms, not just the forms themselves. They may look and be titled similarly but have dates in the actual form and changes may not be evident otherwise.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Hi everyone! I have a question and your response and assistance is greatly appreciated! I went in for my medical examination yesterday and tried to present the IMM1017e form to the doctor and he said he didn’t need it and said their form has more information. My husband and I are worried that because they did not take the IMM1017e form from me that it will affect or delay our process. Does anyone think form IMM1017e is a requirement for the doctor? Thank you!
My doctor didn't didn't take my form as well I believe from it emedical they can accept all the information in their system, two weeks later my medical was upload to my gckey account

Dubai@123

Nov 28, 2020
Again, they could have handled it differently and asked you to re-submit electronically - I agree on that. And sorry it happened to you.

But question 5 is Class of Application. It's one of the most substantive points on this particular form, and is not covered elsewhere in the application package (as far as I know). They cannot decide how to handle and treat any application without this information.

It's not just a 'tick' on a checklist. It's a substantial omission.

And to repeat, I do not like this way of handling and don't think they should have sent this back, I don't think the form is well structured, they should make this point more prominent (and in fact checklist is a bad choice of names), etc.

I agree with all that and they are valid points.

But this is not (from their perspective) a minor oversight or a typo, it has serious implications that only the applicant and sponsor can decide upon.

I know lots will disagree with this point and think it's a defence of IRCC. I am only emphasizing that characterisation of this as a forgotten tickmark akin to an irrelevant typo understates the importance.

[I will now duck out of the way]
I get your point but they received our application on 2nd April 2020 and after 9 months they checked it and returned it. How is that fair? They could have contacted us instead of returning whole application package. Had it be 2/3 months would have understood, it's 9 months. We will have to start application all over again and my husband is in Canada and I am in Dubai, even to sign the forms again it's not easy.

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Hi guys,
For those files already transferred to a visa office, how did you get notified? Is it by message on Mycic (with email) just like for biometrics and medical?
Anyone knows for what possible reason(s) some files are transferred to Ottawa, instead of the standard regional visa office for the PA?