+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi guys

PA is India. Does file getting transferred to Ottawa instead of Delhi is a good sign?

I received a letter today saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing."

Reactions: adyc

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
Hi guys

PA is India. Does file getting transferred to Ottawa instead of Delhi is a good sign?

I received a letter today saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing."
Fore sure. I think Ottawa is way faster. When was your application recieved?

Reactions: rrss13 and Boviesam

LiamRobinson

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all,

We sent our ourland application for Spousal Sponsorship from the UK at the end of April. Rather stupidly in hindsight, we sent out application to the PO box rather than via tracked mail.

Like most, we haven't had any updates as yet but I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance from others who have mailed to the PO Box and have heard something by now, or have done in the past?

Gor1989

Jun 14, 2019
Hello everyone
Can someone tell me about AOR?please Does it comes from CIC after having all the completed documents or it's just notification about receiving our application?

Thank you

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hello everyone
Can someone tell me about AOR?please Does it comes from CIC after having all the completed documents or it's just notification about receiving our application?

Thank you
It’s a notification that your application was received...AOR- acknowledgment of receipt

Reactions: Gor1989

Olanny

Sep 22, 2020
Does anyone know exactly what goes on in the sponsor approval phase? Does IRCC reach out to the sponsor's employer? What exactly do they look out for? Anyone???

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know exactly what goes on in the sponsor approval phase? Does IRCC reach out to the sponsor's employer? What exactly do they look out for? Anyone???
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#eligibility

Please read the "Become a Sponsor" section in the guide (link shared above). They check your eligibility as a Sponsor based on the criteria listed in the guide.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you mean for spousal/dependent sponsorship? May be other things checked for PGP.

I believe mainly a criminality check, but also confirmation of status in Canada (if PR presumably compliance with residency obligation), not being on social assistance, etc. The key thing is eligibilty to sponsor, of course, so if any previous sponsorships, previous undertakings.

One can never exclude that if there are issues with identity they may contact others such as employers but I believe rare.

Reactions: jasluke