+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

iazuelos

Jan 29, 2020
What phone call are you referencing? Do you mean regarding Service Canada officers calling to arrange an appointment?
Yes:

Because of COVID, Service Canada centers are closed. Website says they will call you to make an appointment. But is that true ONLy for Inland applicants or for outland applicants too?

(We applied outland but are staying in Canada now)

Aya Alhosni

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
What is the use of temporary file number? I got one but I can’t see it of much use to me? Also what date applications are being processed?
I'm march applicant an I didn't receive my AOR. I only got tem number
CURNTTLY they are processing march applications so you have to wait

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Yes:

Because of COVID, Service Canada centers are closed. Website says they will call you to make an appointment. But is that true ONLy for Inland applicants or for outland applicants too?

(We applied outland but are staying in Canada now)
It seems like it only applies to inland applicants. If you go to this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html and select ‘inside Canada’ it says Service Canada will call but if you select ‘outside Canada’ it doesn’t.

Olanny

Sep 22, 2020
It seems like it only applies to inland applicants. If you go to this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html and select ‘inside Canada’ it says Service Canada will call but if you select ‘outside Canada’ it doesn’t.
I agree. If you applied outland, the assumption would be that you are getting the biometrics done from outside Canada; where ever the principal applicant specified as country location while filling the application forms.

Reactions: DiiDii

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that was me.
Congratulations! you are the first recipient from April 2020 thread. Happy to see they're now working on April files. High time they started working on our files. Could you update the spreadsheet as well please.

Harmeet dhami

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, I called. I applied in April 2020 and till now not even have received AOR. That is why I called them. However, it is still same. It is going to be our first anniversary in November but we are not even together.
Hey can you tell on which number you called and what should i tell them to enquire mine file

Harmeet dhami

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, I called. I applied in April 2020 and till now not even have received AOR. That is why I called them. However, it is still same. It is going to be our first anniversary in November but we are not even together.
Hey can you tell me on which number you called and what should i tell them. What kind of question they gonna ask me for my file info

Olanny

Sep 22, 2020
Hey can you tell me on which number you called and what should i tell them. What kind of question they gonna ask me for my file info
The number to call is 1-888-242-2100 and at the prompt, press 2-1-0 to speak to an agent.. Just tell them you would like some update on your application. They would verify your identity by asking a couple of questions after which they would share updates on your file or provide you a temp number.