+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone!

My husband's outland application was received at Sydney April 14th but there hasn't been any movement on his PR application since then. My/our concern is about his visitor visa status which expires mid-August. Experiencing how COVID-19 has stopped progress with everything, when should we apply to extend his status and how?

Thank you!

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Hello everyone!

My husband's outland application was received at Sydney April 14th but there hasn't been any movement on his PR application since then. My/our concern is about his visitor visa status which expires mid-August. Experiencing how COVID-19 has stopped progress with everything, when should we apply to extend his status and how?

Thank you!
He has an implied status, so there is no need to extend as long as they received the application before his visa expires.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
He has an implied status, so there is no need to extend as long as they received the application before his visa expires.
This is an outland application, which does not qualify for OWP, and hence doesn't give one an implied status

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone!

Thank you!
You can wait until a week before the status expires to submit an application to extend stay (online). You can start preparing the application even a month before, the online tools gives you 60 days to submit the application once started

Reactions: D&S

At2

May 6, 2020
My application was received by the office Sydney on April 4th, still no answer yet. I can't look up the application online when I try to link it, it doesn't exist.

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
You can wait until a week before the status expires to submit an application to extend stay (online). You can start preparing the application even a month before, the online tools gives you 60 days to submit the application once started
Great. Thank you for the information! Time is slipping by so fast and we don't want to miss a deadline! Better to be pre-prepared!

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi All,

I need some advise.

I supposed to send my OUTLAND SPOUSAL VISA Application last week of March before my police clearance will expire (April 5) but I made mistake on the address of my husband instead of 12831, I typed 128311. Also, I forgot to put the complete address of my Parents and on that same page, I have my signature so we can't just edit the form and reprint it.

I am from Philippines and my husband is Canadian. I can't send him again those pages that need my signature with the correct address due to no international flights.

My question is, Do you think Immigration will accept that little mistake or better to correct it?

Since I stayed in Dubai for 7 years before, I have to submit my police clearance and now it is already expired (expired on April 5, 2020). DO you think Canada Visa officer will accept my expired police clearance? There's no way to get a new one at this moment. because the office is close to Authenticate that Clearance.

Thank you in advance.Keep safe everyone!