+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - OINP Approved - Express Entry Profile Ineligible

underwood

Sep 14, 2018
Chicago
Category........
NOC Code......
Dear Members,

I got a Letter of Intent from Ontario on January 15, 2020, and Approved today April 22, 2020.

But the weird part is that my Express Entry Profile turned ineligible as soon as I got the OINP approval. Due to this, I'm unable to click on the "I Accept" button in my EE Profile.

I'm not sure why this happened as nothing has changed from the time I have created my profile.

Here are my timelines
Express Entry Creation - Oct 21, 2019 [ CRS: 463 ]
OINP Letter of Intent - Jan 25, 2020
OINP Nomination Letter - Apr 22, 2020
Express Entry Turned Ineligible - Apr 22, 2020

Questions:
1. Do I create a new Express Entry profile?
2. If I create a new EE profile, what will happen to my OINP nomination (as it was based on previous EE profile)?
3. Whom do I contact for this issue? Is it the IRCC or the Provincial govt?

Any assistance or sharing your experience will greatly help.

Thank You.

baronsol

Apr 23, 2020
The same thing happened to me today. Same timeline and everything. I've left both OINP and IRCC an email. Will keep you updated if I get any relevant info.

underwood

Sep 14, 2018
Chicago
Category........
NOC Code......
The same thing happened to me today. Same timeline and everything. I've left both OINP and IRCC an email. Will keep you updated if I get any relevant info.
Sure. Thank you @baronsol

I have emailed OINP explaining what's going on and requested them for the next steps. I then filled out the webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) under "Technical Difficulties".

I'm awaiting responses from both IRCC and OINP. I will update here as soon as I hear something from them

Reactions: baronsol

baronsol

Apr 23, 2020
Sure. Thank you @baronsol

I have emailed OINP explaining what's going on and requested them for the next steps. I then filled out the webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) under "Technical Difficulties".

I'm awaiting responses from both IRCC and OINP. I will update here as soon as I hear something from them
Hey, I received a response from OINP. Here goes:

"The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) may be able to transfer your nomination to a new Express Entry profile if your original Express Entry profile has become ineligible.

If you have created a new Express Entry profile, please reply and include the following information:

• A copy of the letter you received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada acknowledging the new profile with Express Entry number and job seeker validation code; and
  • A copy of the letter received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada explaining why your old profile became ineligible."

underwood

Sep 14, 2018
Chicago
Category........
NOC Code......

"The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) may be able to transfer your nomination to a new Express Entry profile if your original Express Entry profile has become ineligible.

If you have created a new Express Entry profile, please reply and include the following information:

• A copy of the letter you received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada acknowledging the new profile with Express Entry number and job seeker validation code; and
  • A copy of the letter received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada explaining why your old profile became ineligible."
That's awesome. It's really wonderful if they can transfer the nomination to the new profile.

But I still fail to understand why the older profile became "ineligible".

We.... I'm still awaiting a response from OINP. In the meantime, I will go ahead and create a new profile.

baronsol

Apr 23, 2020
That's awesome. It's really wonderful if they can transfer the nomination to the new profile.

We.... I'm still awaiting a response from OINP. In the meantime, I will go ahead and create a new profile.
Same. Anyway, I have submitted a new profile and left OINP an email. Will keep you updated on the progress.

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Dear Members,

I got a Letter of Intent from Ontario on January 15, 2020, and Approved today April 22, 2020.

But the weird part is that my Express Entry Profile turned ineligible as soon as I got the OINP approval. Due to this, I'm unable to click on the "I Accept" button in my EE Profile.

I'm not sure why this happened as nothing has changed from the time I have created my profile.

Here are my timelines
Express Entry Creation - Oct 21, 2019 [ CRS: 463 ]
OINP Letter of Intent - Jan 25, 2020
OINP Nomination Letter - Apr 22, 2020
Express Entry Turned Ineligible - Apr 22, 2020

Questions:
1. Do I create a new Express Entry profile?
2. If I create a new EE profile, what will happen to my OINP nomination (as it was based on previous EE profile)?
3. Whom do I contact for this issue? Is it the IRCC or the Provincial govt?

Any assistance or sharing your experience will greatly help.

Thank You.
Hi,

I too got Letter of Intent from Ontario today, but I do not have a job offer from Ontario employer but for BC employer and currently in BC. Not sure, do we need to have an offer letter from Ontario employer to apply for ONIP? the OINP site says, provide offer letter, if applicable?

sjjgod

May 21, 2020

@baronsol
  • "A copy of the letter received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada explaining why your old profile became ineligible" - Is it the same letter that we have received already or we need to request a new letter from IRCC with the exact reason?
And, have you got your letter nomination in your new profile?

sjjgod

May 21, 2020

Hi @underwood Did you get the nomination on your new profile?