+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
Same here, everything was updated to Complete, just waiting for the oath I guess!
My prohibition is still in progress. My security check got expired in 15th January this year. It usually takes a month to update security again. May be then I can expect an oath invitation.

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
I got an update today (February 14, 2022) for the oath ceremony on March 24, 2022, but I haven't got any email regarding ceremony yet.. can anyone share me how I will get link or do I have to wait for Email for ceremony link? what will be the next step can anyone share me their experiences... thanks

Reactions: supercake

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
I got an update today (February 14, 2022) for the oath ceremony on March 24, 2022, but I haven't got any email regarding ceremony yet.. can anyone share me how I will get link or do I have to wait for Email for ceremony link? what will be the next step can anyone share me their experiences... thanks
Congratulations! You get an email nearer the time and it includes a PDF with full instructions on what you need to do to prepare for the oath, what happens during the ceremony, and what to do after.

Reactions: ammuan2020

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hi there, could you share your timeline please it appears from your old posts you did your test on feb 4th? Is that right?

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
Hi there, could you share your timeline please it appears from your old posts you did your test on feb 4th? Is that right?
[/QUOTE
My test date was Feb 2, 2022 and today they updated my profile and saying my oath ceremony will be March 24, 2022. But I haven't received any email for Oath Ceremony maybe officer will sent me mail soon. I just check my online status. my timeline all correct I'm 25th April 2020 applicant and my cic office is Edmonton, Alberta. what about your status ? which stage your application now ?

Last edited:

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Thanks for your answer! I’m with Edmonton and completed test on feb 5 which updated as completed Feb 11: I’m June 2020 applicant! So not lucky as you so far! One more question so your test was taken Feb 4th or updated as completed Feb 4th?

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for your answer! I’m with Edmonton and completed test on feb 5 which updated as completed Feb 11: I’m June 2020 applicant! So not lucky as you so far! One more question so your test was taken Feb 4th or updated as completed Feb 4th?
my test was taken Feb 2nd and updated in profile 4th.. completed. don't worry my friend you will fell lucky as well one day. your turn will be soon I guess now mostly April 2020 file is moving faster then later then April 2020..

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes for the citizenship certification to show up after the oath? Since You have to cut your PR card, I can't re-enter Canada without it if I travel to the U.S for business.

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
Does anyone know how long it takes for the citizenship certification to show up after the oath? Since You have to cut your PR card, I can't re-enter Canada without it if I travel to the U.S for business.
One to two weeks depending on the location.

shan_kal

Aug 23, 2017
Hi,

Took citizenship test today.
After submitting the test I got 17 out of 20 and they said that the test results are temporary ...... is this the same case with everyone?

Reactions: Orlaith