+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
how long it will take for oath Ceremony after citizenship Test ? I have done my test on 2, FEB 2022 can anyone share me there timeline after text please and thanks
There is no clear answer to your question, unfortunately. I passed my test more than two and a half months ago, and I haven't received my oath invitation yet. On the other hand, there are people who passed the test on the same date as me, and they are waiting for the citizenship certificate. I personally know a family that applied from the same city as I did (Kitchener), they passed their test in March 2021 and they are still waiting for the oath. And their application is very "clean" and straightforward. Timelines vary greatly and unfortunately no one seems to understand why some candidates have their applications processed quickly and others don't. Good luck to you!

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
There is no clear answer to your question, unfortunately. I passed my test more than two and a half months ago, and I haven't received my oath invitation yet. On the other hand, there are people who passed the test on the same date as me, and they are waiting for the citizenship certificate. I personally know a family that applied from the same city as I did (Kitchener), they passed their test in March 2021 and they are still waiting for the oath. And their application is very "clean" and straightforward. Timelines vary greatly and unfortunately no one seems to understand why some candidates have their applications processed quickly and others don't. Good luck to you!
that's weird process. I have no idea what it takes so long... before I was just 2 to 3 week after test here in Alberta but now days it's way long process.. home we all will get oath invitation soon.. Let's see and wait good luck for all of us

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
how long it will take for oath Ceremony after citizenship Test ? I have done my test on 2, FEB 2022 can anyone share me there timeline after text please and thanks
Completed my test in September and still waiting for the oath invitation. It all depends on your location and the officer who is processing your file. Hope you will get the oath invitation soon!

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
hope so, my PR card expiry in next month just wondering shall I renew or just wait for the oath invitation!!!
In my opinion, start the PR card renewal process. You don't know how long it will take to get the Canadian passport, and you want to make sure you have a PR card in case you need to travel abroad. I don't mean to scare you or anything, just consider that even the PR card renewal is not a short process. It's a very easy process, but it can be lengthy. According to the IRCC website, it takes 121 days on average to process your application. And it is true, some people do get their renewed document in that timeframe. Some people, like me, have been waiting for exactly 242 days, and still nothing. I have an essential trip in three weeks and there is a chance I will leave Canada without a valid PR card. It is not a good feeling. If I were you, I would apply for the PR renewal by all means.

Reactions: Aquarius93

Lorentz78

Jul 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
I had my oath on February 2nd and get my citizenship certificate today February 8th, now officially and legally I am a Canadian Citizen and done with my process. Good Luck to all of you.

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Hi everyone,
I had my oath on February 2nd and get my citizenship certificate today February 8th, now officially and legally I am a Canadian Citizen and done with my process. Good Luck to all of you.
I had my oath yesterday, but there is no update today on my tracker, is it normal?

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hi everyone,
That was not a long wait, right? Did you ask for urgent citizenship certificate issuance?

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
That was not a long wait, right? Did you ask for urgent citizenship certificate issuance?
No, I don't. My next flight will be in 3 months

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
Hi all! Today my application portal got updated. Language completed, physical presence completed but prohibition is still in progress. Did anyone face a similar situation?

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........