+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
Okay, I'm confused. I see the following record on the spreadsheet.
hello there I'm 25th April 2020 applicant since dec 1 my application it's in process up to now I didn't;t hear anything yet so it's normal ?
IDLocationApp. TypePhysical Presence DaysApp. Sent App. Delivered AORIn Process ecasTest Invite letter/ecas dateTest Interview dateDecision Made date ecas estimateOath Letter DateOath Ceremony
vinayreddy SVKKKitchenerFamily (3)1150Apr 27, 2020Apr 28, 2020Oct 06, 2020Dec 05, 2020Apr 20, 2021Jun 08, 2021Jun 23, 2021

Could you please provide an update to this situation? Your test date of March 6th doesn't make sense with the test invite email of April 20.

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hello there I'm 25th April 2020 applicant since dec 1 my application it's in process up to now I didn't;t hear anything yet so it's normal ?
any April 2020 citizenship applicant still waiting or their application in-process? because my application in process since 1st dec 2020 until now I didn't hear any update. it's normal or I should contact cic?
Did you check the status in the New Citizenship status Dashboard ?

I think you are only looking at ECAS status.

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
any April 2020 citizenship applicant still waiting or their application in-process? because my application in process since 1st dec 2020 until now I didn't hear any update. it's normal or I should contact cic?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
it's been 7 months it's in process. what about your application did you contact cic do process your application Urgent or just normal timeline ?
My application is regular (NOT urgent). You can see the timeline in my signature.

I contacted IRCC once not because I wanted information (because I had just received my GCMS notes recently) but to check if they at least try to provide correct information over the phone. They only told me, very briefly, that my application is in Mississauga and the next step would be the citizenship test.

Contacting them won't help - The call center agents are NOT the officers working on your file. They just take calls and give you very brief updates about your application.

The regular processing time is 12 months (and because of the horrendous backlog we have, it would be safe to assume the processing time is 18 months to avoid disappointment).

I ordered GCMS notes and I could see that my application has been in "Test Ready" status since March 24th, 2021 and my BG Checks are also complete (on March 9th, 2021). Not sure why I haven't received a test invite yet while there is nothing else pending with my application.

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for sharing.. so when request the test they will email ? also email will just come inbox or any other area like junk, draft or spam ?? I heard sometime peoples get their email those folder.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for sharing.. so when request the test they will email ? also email will just come inbox or any other area like junk, draft or spam ?? I heard sometime peoples get their email those folder.
You'll first see an update on the New Citizenship status Dashboard . You will then receive an email close to the date of the test.

There are chances for the test email to end up in spam/junk folders. You should add *@cic.gc.ca to your safe senders list. Also, make it a habit to check your spam folder everyday so that you don't miss the email in case it ends up there.

AshMELEK

Dec 16, 2020
Hi,
Please update my status on the tracker:
Test invitation email received on May 27 2021
Passed the citizenship test today June 12 2021

AshMELEK

Dec 16, 2020
Hi Everybody..
Those who had to do an interview with a citizenship officer (after passing the test).
What kind of questions can we expect?
I am trying to prepare for it.
Thanks a lot!

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi Everybody..
Those who had to do an interview with a citizenship officer (after passing the test).
What kind of questions can we expect?
I am trying to prepare for it.
Thanks a lot!
BTW, did you get an interview request?

Personally, I wouldn't stress about it. From what I have read, it's mostly verification of information in your file. Just be prepared with the documents they have asked for.