+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Congrats!

You'll get the email later. Please update me once you receive the email and once after taking the test.

Thanks!
received the email yesterday. First email came saying you are receiving this email bc we were unable to accept your test results whereas I’d not even attempted my test yet. 2nd email came in today with apology that first email was not valid use this email to complete the test.
What should be a good resource to prepare for the test? I am planning to read on Saturday and attempt on Sunday. Is it safe to say Discover Canada guide will be good enough? Anyone with suggestions?

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
received the email yesterday. First email came saying you are receiving this email bc we were unable to accept your test results whereas I’d not even attempted my test yet. 2nd email came in today with apology that first email was not valid use this email to complete the test.
What should be a good resource to prepare for the test? I am planning to read on Saturday and attempt on Sunday. Is it safe to say Discover Canada guide will be good enough? Anyone with suggestions?
Discover Canada + Apna Toronto + Richmond Library

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
She has another test invite to do it online, it came on the same email. I'm not to worried, my guess it was only a glitch.
Thanks.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet though. Could yo pl
Thanks.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet though. Could you please provide the following information so that I can add you to the sheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

There are other test preparation links. Supplement these with the Discover Canada book.

Reactions: Shan121

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Thanks.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet though. Could yo pl

Thanks.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet though. Could you please provide the following information so that I can add you to the sheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

There are other test preparation links. Supplement these with the Discover Canada book.
single
April 20
Received end of April
Aor End of Oct
Physical presence not sure
IP first week of December

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
I got asked for fingerprints today. Kinda sad it wasn't a test invite, but at least someone is looking at my file so yay!! I've never been asked for an FP request for any visas or PR so this is new. I will be going TODAY to get it out of the way.

If someone could update my notes in the tracker that would be awesome, thank you. I am line 53.

Physical Presence: 1,165
Application Sent: 04 Apr 2020
Application Received (Sydney, NS): 09 Apr 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): 27 Oct 2020
ECAS In Progress: 02 Dec 2020
Fingerprint Request: June 2 2021

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Can you tell me how you found out which month's applications are being processed by the Vancouver office? Mine is with the Surrey office and it hasn't moved beyond 'Background processing'. All of the other categories still say 'In process'.
Sorry for not clarifying - I was just checking the application tracker set up by this forum. It isn't a 100% view of what the local offices are doing, just of what forum users report back on here but if you look at the tab that compares locations you can see Vancouver is lagging a bit. The tracker says it has heavy traffic right now and will not load so I can't even get a screenshot of exactly what I mean, sorry if this is not very helpful. As it happens today I got a FP request - the first bit of news since Dec 2020 - so at least there is some action happening!

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I got asked for fingerprints today. Kinda sad it wasn't a test invite, but at least someone is looking at my file so yay!! I've never been asked for an FP request for any visas or PR so this is new. I will be going TODAY to get it out of the way.

If someone could update my notes in the tracker that would be awesome, thank you. I am line 53.

Physical Presence: 1,165
Application Sent: 04 Apr 2020
Application Received (Sydney, NS): 09 Apr 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): 27 Oct 2020
ECAS In Progress: 02 Dec 2020
Fingerprint Request: June 2 2021
Complete it asap. Although the FP agencies submit the FP online to RCMP on a real-time basis, the RCMP sends a physical copy of the report to IRCC. The tat from the time you give your FP to IRCC receiving it is atleast about 3 weeks.

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Complete it asap. Although the FP agencies submit the FP online to RCMP on a real-time basis, the RCMP sends a physical copy of the report to IRCC. The tat from the time you give your FP to IRCC receiving it is atleast about 3 weeks.
Thanks for the info, I was hoping to go today but unfortunately due to COVID they said no walk ins so I have to email and hope I can get an appt for this week :(

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks for the info, I was hoping to go today but unfortunately due to COVID they said no walk ins so I have to email and hope I can get an appt for this week :(
So not sure how it works in NS. In Ontario RCMP and local police is not doing it anymore. You need to Google "RCMP Accredited FP agencies in "your city". You will find a few of them. Just book an online appt. It's a 10 mins job and they will charge about $50.
Carry the letter that IRCC sent you with ID docs.

After about a week (The week following next) send an email to RCMP with the details that the FP agency gives you. This is just to know on what date RCMP sent out the Physical report to IRCC.

Reactions: supercake

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys heads up. Looks like someone just got an in-person test.

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.

UPDATE: This could just be IRCC modifying the process to allow only 1 day for online tests instead of the 21 day window. We won't know until the OP gets back to us once s/he received an email invite.

Last edited:

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Guys heads up. Looks like someone just got an in-person test.

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.
Has Ontario even reached Step 1 of their reopening plan? I'd sooner believe they are no longer providing a 21 day test window which makes absolute sense - it is more efficient to name 1 date and time for participants so they can invite more people during a specific time frame.

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
My wife received email asking for copies of passport today. Hopefully she might get interview soon. No interview scheduled yet. Any one got email asking for passport copies before interview is scheduled?

Her time line:
App submitted : April 2020
AOR : December 2020
Test Passed : May 6 2021
Email asking for Passport copies : June 4th 2021
Interview ??

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
My wife received email asking for copies of passport today. Hopefully she might get interview soon. No interview scheduled yet. Any one got email asking for passport copies before interview is scheduled?

Her time line:
App submitted : April 2020
AOR : December 2020
Test Passed : May 6 2021
Email asking for Passport copies : June 4th 2021
Interview ??
Yes please search around most people got this request before interview invite.

By the way is there any size limitation of what you can attach to the email in terms of size of the scanned files?

Reactions: vinayreddy