+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
Well we just got a email stating that my wife's citizen test results are not valid due to a technical difficulty or id not shown.

Everything was in order on our end, I'm not sure what happened. She's pretty upset.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well we just got a email stating that my wife's citizen test results are not valid due to a technical difficulty or id not shown.

Everything was in order on our end, I'm not sure what happened. She's pretty upset.
I'm sorry to hear that.

This could probably be because the ID was too blurry or something on those lines. Were there any other tabs / applications open during the test? Was the lighting good enough in the room when taking the test?

OR... It could simply be something wrong at their end (something did not get stored properly because of a technical glitch at their end)

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021

Sorry to hear that.

I noticed from your previous post that your wife took the exam in early April. So it took them almost two months to get back to you? Also during this time if you had access to the new tracker was the test status ever changed to completed? Curious if the email came out after the test was changed to completed, which would be scary for all of us.

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
I'm sorry to hear that.

This could probably be because the ID was too blurry or something on those lines. Were there any other tabs / applications open during the test? Was the lighting good enough in the room when taking the test?

OR... It could simply be something wrong at their end (something did not get stored properly because of a technical glitch at their end)
The picture was perfect and the lighting was good as well, my guess it was something on there end.

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
Sorry to hear that.

I noticed from your previous post that your wife took the exam in early April. So it took them almost two months to get back to you? Also during this time if you had access to the new tracker was the test status ever changed to completed? Curious if the email came out after the test was changed to completed, which would be scary for all of us.
Yes we only found out today. I did not check the tracker unfortunately.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The picture was perfect and the lighting was good as well, my guess it was something on there end.
That's unfortunate. I'm sorry! She should get another test. This time, it might be done over MS teams with an Citizenship officer (I'm just saying there is a possibility of this happening). Please do let us know when she gets another test invite and if she was asked to take the test in front of a citizenship officer.

Good luck!

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
There are few mistakes in my physical days calculation that doesnt take me below 1095 days. What to do do now?? :(
What I would do in this scenario:
-Fill out an updated physical day calculation
- Sign it
-Prepare a cover letter explaining what happened and why your providing a new schedule. Combine it as one pdf file. Attach and send it as a webform submission through the website with your file details

thenewguy12

Oct 16, 2020
What I would do in this scenario:
-Fill out an updated physical day calculation
- Sign it
-Prepare a cover letter explaining what happened and why your providing a new schedule. Combine it as one pdf file. Attach and send it as a webform submission through the website with your file details
thanks for your reply. Should I use the same date when I signed orignal application, if i put todays date than its different from my application signing date ??

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
thanks for your reply. Should I use the same date when I signed orignal application, if i put todays date than its different from my application signing date ??
Yes putting the same date as per original application makes the most sense in this situation. Also make sure the eligibility calculator has the same eligibility period as per your application.

Also I could be wrong, but I thought they might have removed the date signing field from the calculator in the latest version of the form. If that is the case then no issue for you otherwise put original date.

Goodluck!

Reactions: thenewguy12

thenewguy12

Oct 16, 2020
Yes putting the same date as per original application makes the most sense in this situation. Also make sure the eligibility calculator has the same eligibility period as per your application.

Also I could be wrong, but I thought they might have removed the date signing field from the calculator in the latest version of the form. If that is the case then no issue for you otherwise put original date.

Goodluck!
This community is so helpful, keep up good work. Yes they have removed the date :)

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
New tracker shows test invitation with link for june 4-26 but i have not recorded any email yet. Tracker was updated on 28th may. Anyone else in similar situation?
Should i click the link in tracker and attempt my test?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
New tracker shows test invitation with link for june 4-26 but i have not recorded any email yet. Tracker was updated on 28th may. Anyone else in similar situation?
Should i click the link in tracker and attempt my test?
Congrats!

You'll get the email later. Please update me once you receive the email and once after taking the test.

Thanks!

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
That's unfortunate. I'm sorry! She should get another test. This time, it might be done over MS teams with an Citizenship officer (I'm just saying there is a possibility of this happening). Please do let us know when she gets another test invite and if she was asked to take the test in front of a citizenship officer.

Good luck!
She has another test invite to do it online, it came on the same email. I'm not to worried, my guess it was only a glitch.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

jv35

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver office are really slow unfortunately. I am also waiting on them waking up from their hibernation :) I think for Vancouver they have reached Feb 2020 apps just this week!
Can you tell me how you found out which month's applications are being processed by the Vancouver office? Mine is with the Surrey office and it hasn't moved beyond 'Background processing'. All of the other categories still say 'In process'.