Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
I had IELTS scores from PR application. But there was lot of confusion if we can submit an expired IELTS general scores. In my application, I submitted a copy of US degree diploma. and it seems, it worked for the language eligibility.
I submitted both expired 2011 general IELTS and copy of Bsc. degree, and I received AOR. The official language of my home country is English, so I didnt submit any proof that instruction was in English.

Reactions: EUK

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
My friend submitted his application in first week of May and he just got his AOR.

My application was received Apr 14 and i have not received it yet :(

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend submitted his application in first week of May and he just got his AOR.

My application was received Apr 14 and i have not received it yet :(
Some jan and feb peeps haven't received their AOR yet so we don't know what method they use...

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
My application was delivered on April 3rd. I haven’t yet received the AOR. Just wondering if anyone with application delivered on April 3rd have received the AOR?
Best of luck to all of you!

Mehrkija

Sep 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
My application was delivered on April 3rd. I haven’t yet received the AOR. Just wondering if anyone with application delivered on April 3rd have received the AOR?
Best of luck to all of you!
Same as me. Nothing received so far

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
My application was sent on April 6th and received on April 8th. Still waiting on AOR. I keep going over my application to see if I made a mistake and wondering if it may be returned.

RHCP

Apr 14, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Received my AOR this afternoon,

Single Applicant from Vancouver, Application received on April 14, 2020

Wishing you all luck and happiness
congrats!
Same single applicant from Vancouver. It's delivered on April 06, still NO AOR.
The only thing scares me the most is the package lost in their mailroom or on the way return to me.

Ashkan.A

Sep 9, 2016
congrats!
Same single applicant from Vancouver. It's delivered on April 06, still NO AOR.
The only thing scares me the most is the package lost in their mailroom or on the way return to me.
Don't worry. I have done this for my friends and family members before, you will receive it in a matter of one month, be positive,

ravi.v

Apr 1, 2020
we received AOR, I applied as family application and my wife got email and I didn't get any email. below is email, it says language test needed, iam confused as we both are post graduates and we submitted our copy of master certificates. Please advice..

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:
On the same page, you will find more
information on how to prepare for the test.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, a print version of the study guide is
enclosed.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address,
email, and telephone number).

our time line:
Application Sent: April 10th
Application Received: April 15th
Type of application: Family
AOR: Sep 25th

Thanks
Ravi

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
we received AOR, I applied as family application and my wife got email and I didn't get any email. below is email, it says language test needed, iam confused as we both are post graduates and we submitted our copy of master certificates. Please advice..

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, a print version of the study guide is
enclosed.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address,

our time line:

Thanks
Ravi
So, to kick-start the application process, you need to submit language proficiency document (IELTS, diploma etc.) . Further down the the process, they will verify your language proficiency in the in-person/online interview. 'Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French' is for that process. 'Pass a written or oral test ....' is the standard test for life in Canada for all citizenship applicants.

Fifi7

Jan 20, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I received AOR Friday Sept. 25th ! Admin, can you please update it on google sheet, I don't have access. thanks !

Good luck to everyone else.

Reactions: vishakha

Fifi7

Jan 20, 2016

you, you will need to:
enclosed.
from us.
Contact information

our time line:

Thanks
Ravi
it's a generic message, they are not requesting it. they are just basically stating what the "requirements" are as an FYI. They always do that..