+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> April 2020 AoR - Join Here <<<***

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
AOR: April 17th

Medical passed, Biometrics request: June 09, 2020

I was just wondering, considering Biometrics is required for PR regardless if you have given them for visa and even if they are not expired. I gave my biometrics in Feb this year for my visa extension application but somehow it lists those biometrics in the top right corner where the UCI shows. Shouldn't it be blank, considering I will be doing biometrics again?

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
Anybody has any clue as to when will service canada reopen for biometrics? They are already processing feb applications which means next is March but starting from march applicants have not been able to give biometrics in canada?

Orca33

Feb 13, 2020
AOR: April 17th

Medical passed, Biometrics request: June 09, 2020

I was just wondering, considering Biometrics is required for PR regardless if you have given them for visa and even if they are not expired. I gave my biometrics in Feb this year for my visa extension application but somehow it lists those biometrics in the top right corner where the UCI shows. Shouldn't it be blank, considering I will be doing biometrics again?
Have you confirmed whether or not you do need to go and give biometrics again with the letter issued to you? Seems odd that they would make people wait to give them again during the Service Canada closures, especially if they have your previous biometrics information on your file.
My AOR is 29th April, so i'm hoping to receive an update in the next two weeks with MEP and BIL. I've already given biometrics in Feb for BOWP too.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Have you confirmed whether or not you do need to go and give biometrics again with the letter issued to you? Seems odd that they would make people wait to give them again during the Service Canada closures, especially if they have your previous biometrics information on your file.
My AOR is 29th April, so i'm hoping to receive an update in the next two weeks with MEP and BIL. I've already given biometrics in Feb for BOWP too.
I completely agree with you. But check this out: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

"You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application. "

Orca33

Feb 13, 2020
I completely agree with you. But check this out: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

"You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application. "
Thanks for pointing this out. Funnily enough I actually received my update today with MEP and BIL, along with an ADR for RCMP check. More fingerprints!
Hopefully Service Canada will re-open soon for everyone - Roll on the appointment scramble.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for pointing this out. Funnily enough I actually received my update today with MEP and BIL, along with an ADR for RCMP check. More fingerprints!
Hopefully Service Canada will re-open soon for everyone - Roll on the appointment scramble.
Hey since you mentioned RCMP, did you receive a message for it? I mean, how did you check if IRCC is requesting you to submit one?

Orca33

Feb 13, 2020
Hey since you mentioned RCMP, did you receive a message for it? I mean, how did you check if IRCC is requesting you to submit one?
Yes, I received a message requesting I submit the RCMP check. As I understand, they do the RCMP name check for every applicant anyway - But it seems there is someone out there besmirching my good name with a criminal record, so I have to get the check done to prove i'm not them.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Yes, I received a message requesting I submit the RCMP check. As I understand, they do the RCMP name check for every applicant anyway - But it seems there is someone out there besmirching my good name with a criminal record, so I have to get the check done to prove i'm not them.
Do you think request for RCMP certificate is due to some reasons, which means not every inland applicants need to submit one?

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I've been waiting for our visa office to open so I can get my biometric done. It's honestly frustrating.

Also my previous workplace received a call and email from IRCC to confirm if I worked with them or not. I'm hoping that means that they're working on my case.