+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
This the response i have received from immigration

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled
worker. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national
is a skilled worker if:
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for
the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational
Classification;
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the
occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational
Classification, including all of the essential duties;
You do not appear to meet the requirements under paragraphs b) and c) for the following reasons:
You have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have performed the actions
described in the lead statement for the occupation identified in your application AND You have not
submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have performed a substantial number of the main
duties for the occupation identified in your application. The contract and payslips provided to support
your position held at service station are for the role of Customer Service Representative and the provided
affidavit affirms your duties that do not align with those listed under NOC 0621
Retail and wholesale
trade managers.
You are really lucky as most applicants get rejected straight away for the same problem , your agent is nice enough to send you an ADR to defend your case , so give it your all , they are giving you the benefit of the doubt so submit strong evidence to back your case , as said above submit a letter from your direct manager and HR that confirm your NOC and an LOE signed by your HR and Direct manager to explain why they haven't gave you the manager title on papers and why you haven't claimed it, good luck.
@legalfalcon help would be really appreciated maybe he can help you on what to do exactly.

saksvig

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Has anyone of you who are April AOR and seen your biometric completed under the new exempt rule so far ? Also if you have .. how has your case progressed further .. any COPR ?

saroya

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Has anyone of you who are April AOR and seen your biometric completed under the new exempt rule so far ? Also if you have .. how has your case progressed further .. any COPR ?
I can’t access to my online account Bcz my rep filed my application. But I called IRCC yesterday and the agent said we are processing your background check and need some time. No need to call us. When I asked did my biometrics get updated she replied rudely “ we have your biometrics from feb 2020” ..I am not sure wt does it mean..called them last week as well then the agent said everything is good but waiting for biometrics to be updated..
Aor- April 9 2020
Biometric exempted

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi Robin...Did you get COPR in the CIC account or only approved there.
I did not get COPR in the email. But the document number and validity is there when I log in to my account. but my friend told me it took him 3 days after approval to get COPR in email. I hope to get it soon as well.

Also, last year when I got my work permit approved. I did not get any document for like a week so I am not worried yet. LOL

Reactions: asdfghj

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
I did not get COPR in the email. But the document number and validity is there when I log in to my account. but my friend told me it took him 3 days after approval to get COPR in email. I hope to get it soon as well.

Also, last year when I got my work permit approved. I did not get any document for like a week so I am not worried yet. LOL
:) ...Thank you for your reply. Actually I am biometric exempted and everything is passed except criminality (on 31 July as per Aug GCMS)...I saw on 8th my biometric updated ...So I am hoping I may get some news....Lets see

Reactions: Robin1812

UK2CA

Sep 2, 2020
Its a good thing as it means your application is moving forward, what the background part says in your online account has no bearing as it stays pretty much the same throughout all of the process until you receive COPR.
Thanks UniSaverH! That is definitely good news. Will update if it something comes up. So they don't always update the background part when they start our background checks?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks UniSaverH! That is definitely good news. Will update if it something comes up. So they don't always update the background part when they start our background checks?
You are welcome, no the background part in your online account stays the same till you receive your COPR it always stays the same.

mrbhush

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2020/06/11 10:11 :29
Created By:
Updated Date: 2020/06/11 10:11 :34
Updated By:
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #:REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 471 CRS SCORE: 471 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant 1 - English- IEL TS Met Threshold & Verified -----EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) and a postgraduate diploma (one year) Foreign credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE----- Primary Applicant 1- Nigeria police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality -----AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR Documents set for review Client Information

Can one help interpret this

Received my note today ..can one help explain
Please check with @legalfalcon

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
You are really lucky as most applicants get rejected straight away for the same problem , your agent is nice enough to send you an ADR to defend your case , so give it your all , they are giving you the benefit of the doubt so submit strong evidence to back your case , as said above submit a letter from your direct manager and HR that confirm your NOC and an LOE signed by your HR and Direct manager to explain why they haven't gave you the manager title on papers and why you haven't claimed it, good luck.
@legalfalcon help would be really appreciated maybe he can help you on what to do exactly.
Thank you so much, i have requested my direct manager to provide me the letter and she has agreed. Hopefully that will clear their doubts. Hoping for the best.

Reactions: UniSaverH

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please help : additional documents request
Aor 26 april
Medical paased 26 june
Biometric submitted 1st july..
Outland pnp based express entry candidate.
Noc 0621
Job title : assistant manager:
So after waiting almost 5 and half months, i have been asked to provide further evidence. I started my work with this company as CSR and then promoted to Assistant manager but they never provide me papers for that neither do i asked for it. My Manager has provided me with the affidavit and clarified this in the affidavit which i had attached with the application. So what else can i provide to further support my application and what are the chances? I have requested my colleagues to provide my affidavit to clarify my job position as assistant manager as i haven’t’ got my job offer. Few of them have agreed for this. I am really worried about this. I have dedicated my last 2 years to prepare everything and at the end all this . I don’t have anything else apart from these affidavits to provide?

What you have received is not ADR, it is a procedural fairness letter. IRCC is not concerned about your designation or the promotion you received, all they are saying is that your job duties listed in your work reference letter do not match with the job duties for the NOC selected.

Section 75 of IRPA states:

• (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.
    [*]Marginal note:Skilled workers
    (2) A foreign national is a skilled worker if
    • (a) within the 10 years before the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified by the foreign national in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
    • (b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;
    • (c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;
    • (d) they have submitted the results of a language test that is approved under subsection 74(3), which results must be provided by an organization or institution that is designated under that subsection, must be less than two years old on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and must indicate that they have met or exceeded the applicable language proficiency threshold in either English or French that is fixed by the Minister under subsection 74(1) for each of the four language skill areas; and
    • (e) they have submitted one of the following:
      • (i) their Canadian educational credential, or
      • (ii) their foreign diploma, certificate or credential and the equivalency assessment, which assessment must be less than five years old on the date on which their application is made.

You do not need any affidavits or clarification for your job. That is established from your work reference letters, what is missing is that your job duties do not substantially match that of the NOC.

If you filed your application though consultant, they it was their responsibility to ensure that your NOC matches your job duties, and if they messed up, then you should talk to them as no due diligence was done before sending filing your application.

At this juncture if your send a new work reference letter with a new set of job duties, you will have to show what were they missing before. Since this is a factual scenario and you have to draft a very strong letter to respond to the PFL.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
[/QUOTE
health & safely checks. banking. stock takes, training new staff members. loging and recording any JObs for maintenance . managing day to day activities, smassigning duties to staff. ordering supplies from vendors. stock returns, resolving customer issues and concerns. authorising expenditures and monitoring sales, setting up monthly promotions.
What you have received is not ADR, it is a procedural fairness letter. IRCC is not concerned about your designation or the promotion you received, all they are saying is that your job duties listed in your work reference letter do not match with the job duties for the NOC selected.

Section 75 of IRPA states:

You do not need any affidavits or clarification for your job. That is established from your work reference letters, what is missing is that your job duties do not substantially match that of the NOC.

If you filed your application though consultant, they it was their responsibility to ensure that your NOC matches your job duties, and if they messed up, then you should talk to them as no due diligence was done before sending filing your application.

At this juncture if your send a new work reference letter with a new set of job duties, you will have to show what were they missing before. Since this is a factual scenario and you have to draft a very strong letter to respond to the PFL.
@legalfalcon thank you so much for the clarification. I have applied for assistant manager at petrol station which falls under noc 0621. And following are the duties which have been mentioned in my reference letters.
health & safely checks. banking. stock takes, training new staff members. loging and recording any JObs for maintenance . managing day to day activities, assigning duties to staff. ordering supplies from vendors. stock returns, resolving customer issues and concerns. authorising expenditures and monitoring sales, setting up monthly promotions.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
What does eligibility check? So what is the difference between background, criminality and security.
Background check (BGC) is a procedure to verify the criminal and/or security background of visa applicants to ensure they’re admissible to Canada. Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing. To see all the stages on an application read more at https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#stages-of-an-application

KMGV

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
My AOR is in 13 APR 2020, North York region, awaiting SC call for biometric anyone in same status as mine, I see SC call is random

Last edited: