>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

aseman1010

Mar 28, 2020
CEC-Inland
eAOR - April 23, 2020
Medical Passed - June 15, 2020
Biometric Invitation Letter - June 15, 2020

Hi @legalfalcon,
I'm curious wether I have to give biometric for the PR Application or not because my Application Information section shows the following -

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 18, 2020
  • Expiry Date: February 18, 2030
I'm currently on a Work Permit and had given biometric on the above date. Is IRCC now considering the biometric submitted for WP as that for PR as well ?

Also is there any information regarding when will IRCC start accepting Biometrics at various VAC.
Based on this website, you need to do biometric for permanent residence application even if you already gave IRCC your biometrics for study/work permit.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

HelloCanada_2020

Mar 4, 2020
Hi, today i received a message in my account, which states that i am not required to give biometrics. Biometrics that i had given for WP have been attached to the application. The letter further states that the biometrics amount that i had paid would be refunded.
Was wondering if anyone has received such a letter?
Have not received any message for medical pass as yet .
AOR : April 2020

Reactions: PR2020

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
Hi, today i received a message in my account, which states that i am not required to give biometrics. Biometrics that i had given for WP have been attached to the application. The letter further states that the biometrics amount that i had paid would be refunded.
That’s great news for you. I don’t have any biometrics done in past for any of my applications. I wonder what they will do for us.

Reactions: HelloCanada_2020

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Hi. Did you send any message to IRCC asking them to exempt you from the biometrics?
Can you please upload what the letter looks like - you can remove any name or sensitive information - ?

I'm CEC AOR 29 April 2020
Hopeful to get a MEP and BIL soon..I have done my biometrics at the border for flagpoling closed WP, hopefully they exempt more people from having to do PR biometrics again due to this COVID-19 delay..

HelloCanada_2020

Mar 4, 2020
Hi. Did you send any message to IRCC asking them to exempt you from the biometrics?
Can you please upload what the letter looks like - you can remove any name or sensitive information - ?

I'm CEC AOR 29 April 2020
Hopeful to get a MEP and BIL soon..I have done my biometrics at the border for flagpoling closed WP, hopefully they exempt more people from having to do PR biometrics again due to this COVID-19 delay..
No, i did not send IRCC any such request!!

cec042020

Jun 15, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
No, i did not send IRCC any such request!!
That's good to hear. Hopefully they start doing that for more people.

Can you share the wordings of the communication you received from IRCC telling you that you dont need to give biometrics if you don't mind?

Last edited:

nkr1239

Feb 19, 2020
Hi All,

I have received ITA on 25 February 2020 ans submitted my PR application on 27 April 2020 .
Waiting for the further updates from IRCC.

Please comment if anybody submitted application in april month and post watsup group link if any ..?

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hi All,

I have received ITA on 25 February 2020 ans submitted my PR application on 27 April 2020 .
Waiting for the further updates from IRCC.

Please comment if anybody submitted application in april month and post watsup group link if any ..?
Immitracker website will help you with details

slayyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
AOR April 8, FSW Outland. No Biometrics of medical updates yet.
Sent a webform couple of days ago asking about my status. Got this in reply:

"
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

"

Understandably, processes are very slow which is fine. But can you guys advise if my application completeness (R10 I suppose) is done?

Thanks...

slayyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
AOR April 8, FSW Outland. No Biometrics of medical updates yet.
Sent a webform couple of days ago asking about my status. Got this in reply:

"
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

"

Understandably, processes are very slow which is fine. But can you guys advise if my application completeness (R10 I suppose) is done?

Thanks...
@legalfalcon

saksvig

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
CEC Inland
eAOR - 23rd April 2020
MEP, BIL - 15 June 2020 (+52 days)

I had received 2 emails yesterday and then a new email today -
First 2 emails on 6/15 - "We sent you a message about your application"

---- This had the MEP and BIL as the change and a tracker that started with 30% complete and estimated COPR by 23 Oct 2020

then the latest email today on 6/16 - "We updated your application status."

I see no change in the status between yesterday and today. There is no verbiage change in any section on my profile.
Could anyone please explain what sort of Ghost update is this ?

Reactions: nkr1239

KarthikKrtk

Mar 25, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
11-04-2020
File Transfer...
09-06-2020
Hey guys. Me and my friend received AOR on April 09, 2020. Meds passed on June 09, 2020. I got biometrics request letter with 90 days timeframe. My friend got biometrics and RCMP request letter. But I didn't get RCMP. Why is that? Is there any possible mistake in either of our profile?