+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

UK2CA

Sep 2, 2020
There is no trend. Immigration is law and everything else is just a speculation or recommendation. Each application is as unique as you are and to review the documents it takes time. There are many factors that play a role.

As long as your application is processing well, there is no need to worry.
Thanks legalfalcon I really appreciate your help!

Speaking of law, the following question is from one of my friends. He is a solicitor in a common law jurisdiction. Most of his employment references include daily job duties. However, the firm at which he did his training contract (articling) is unable/unwilling to list out his duties in his reference letter since this requires consent from all 10+ partners. As it is mandatory for a trainee to go through specific requirements of the law society in his jurisdiction before he can be admitted as a solicitor, we can infer that a current practicing solicitor has gone through the required legal training.

He uploaded his solicitor's admission certificate and an online search of himself on the law society's law list. Would IRCC infer from the submitted documents that NOC 4112 duties were complied with during his training contract employment? Many thanks again!

Last edited:

slayyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Yeah most of the applications are getting stalled at a certain stage even AORS since October/November. Tired of this endless wait and things are getting worse again..
Yeah.

Understandably, there's a global pandemic going on, and massive delays are expected. But amid this uncertainty, it gets harder and harder to plan your life (and career) around it, especially when you're approaching 30. Let's just hope this sh!t gets over soon.

On a separate note, Germany is using "rapid tests" for covid at airports, maybe Canada should try and implement this at passengers' costs and get some people in. Their economy seems to be recovering. Might help or might not.

Reactions: UniSaverH

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks legalfalcon I really appreciate your help!

Speaking of law, the following question is from one of my friends. He is a solicitor in a common law jurisdiction. Most of his employment references include daily job duties. However, the firm at which he did his training contract (articling) is unable/unwilling to list out his duties in his reference letter since this requires consent from all 10+ partners. As it is mandatory for a trainee to go through specific requirements of the law society in his jurisdiction before he can be admitted as a solicitor, we can infer that a current practicing solicitor has gone through the required legal training.

He uploaded his solicitor's admission certificate and an online search of himself on the law society's law list. Would IRCC infer from the submitted documents that NOC 4112 duties were complied with during his training contract employment? Many thanks again!
IRCC does not go general vetting and all requirements as per regulations have to be met. I.e. if a physician applies and claims that he has been a physician employed by a hospital, his work reference letter has to list the job duties, which have to substantially match the job duties of the NOC selected.

The same for the lawyers or articling students. If the employer does not list the job duties, then the applicant can get a letter from a colleague, supervisor or anyone who has known the work of the applicant to meet this requirements.

Reactions: kay2020

Greddy

Sep 15, 2020
Yeah.

Understandably, there's a global pandemic going on, and massive delays are expected. But amid this uncertainty, it gets harder and harder to plan your life (and career) around it, especially when you're approaching 30. Let's just hope this sh!t gets over soon.

On a separate note, Germany is using "rapid tests" for covid at airports, maybe Canada should try and implement this at passengers' costs and get some people in. Their economy seems to be recovering. Might help or might not.
Yeah thats true, especially the aviation and real estate industry is in recession and is badly hit. So getting people will solve that however there are still 1.1 million people who are unemployed most them are new migrants so maybe till that issue is properly fixed and the curve continues to be flat, travel restrictions would probably be in place atleast till end of this year and will affect the issuance of PPR.

Last Friday there was a massive ray of hope for outland applicants when a few PPRs were issued to AOR March especially for people residing in Nigeria and there were representations from Pakistan, Australia and Iran as well. So dont under the logic as to why AOR January or Feb weren't issued with PPR since last Friday no one from outland has been issued. So this is more like luck and hopes.

Reactions: Rags2020 and slayyy

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Yeah.

Guys I’ll encourage us to stay positive. IRCC has already begun biometrics capturing in Canada and the FSW express entry draws just held today just like 2 weeks back. So I think things are beginning to return to normal

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys
Did anybody get phone call from Service Canada for biometric appointment ? Please keep us posted if you do

Many thanks
Good luck everyone ✌

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Service Canada attempted to phone me today, I was on another phone call for work so I didn't pick up. They phoned my brother because he's the alternative number. I couldn't schedule an appointment. So I will have to wait for their second phone call.

Their phone number is private, so make sure your phone is not set up to block private numbers.

Inland application
AOR April 3
Medical Exam Passed June 2
BIL June 3

Reactions: Shiva91

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Service Canada attempted to phone me today, I was on another phone call for work so I didn't pick up. They phoned my brother because he's the alternative number. I couldn't schedule an appointment. So I will have to wait for their second phone call.

Their phone number is private, so make sure your phone is not set up to block private numbers.

Inland application
AOR April 3
Medical Exam Passed June 2
BIL June 3
What’s your location?