Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
Hello friends, I sponsored my wife. File was processed by SGVO. Immediately after she got MR, we became parents. Her medical was partially done since she was due in a week. Now I contacted CIC and they told me to fill up 2 forms for my baby among which I believe 1 is required. I need some clarification on below questions (highlighted red). I quote their email with my questions:

To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:

- A new Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor,
Is my baby the principal applicant on this form?
Your Answer:
Does my wife require to sign on page -1, section 3 (Co-Signer)?
Your Answer:
Person you are sponsoring (PA)- Is this my child's name?
Your Answer:
Signature on Page 6 (last page) - If my baby is the principal applicant what can I do in this signature field?
Your Answer:

- (If the application is still at the CPC in Mississauga) A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
My wife was the principal applicant and the file was already processed at SGVO. Now I am just sponsoring my baby who is 1 month old. Does this form require to fill?
Your Answer:

- (If you are adding a dependent child of a dependent child) A Financial Evaluation form (IMM 1283) with supporting documents,
This is not required

and

The add-on request
including:

• your name, (Is this the sponsor's details or my wife's details who was the PA?)
  • your client ID number/UCI, (Is this the sponsor's details or my wife's details who was the PA?)
  • your file number, (Is this the sponsor's details or my wife's details who was the PA?)
  • a detailed letter of explanation,
  • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
  • if applicable, the proof of payment.

outbound_april18

May 18, 2017
Finally got Status changed in my ECAS as "decision made" on Jan 11th from NDVO. April 19th applicant. BCG started on October 10th filed transferred to NDVO on July 25th. Now waiting for PPR
We have quite similar timeline. Did you receive any update after decision made status?

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Congrats Just a random question how much time do they give for you to get everything together and come to canada
We dont have the Visa yet my husband submitted his passport last thursday.. i will keep you guys update. But i believe once visa on hand ..in the philippines they need to have PDOS i dont if other country does that its only one day... and then your ready to go so atleast 2 weeks is perfect i believe.

Reactions: Celyn1028

Y boperrai123

Jul 26, 2017
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
Aor1-26-05-2017 /Aor2-05-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-06-2017
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
I think we're in trouble because we initiated the process too early.

Received a letter from CIC saying they are not satisfied with the sponsor's intent to return to Canada "once PR is granted" and they need proof within 45 days that the sponsor plans to reside in Canada once the PA gets the immigrant visa.

We're currently residing outside Canada. I'm in grad school, scheduled to graduate in January 2019. In the original proof of intent we wrote that once PR is granted, we plan to return to Canada in 2019 and settle there. We included bank accounts, driver's licence copy, proof that husband is listed on his dad's car insurance, a letter from his dad verifying our plans to relocate and offering us a short-term place to stay.

Had no idea how long the process would take and figured if it's granted early, no big deal. What kind of proof are they looking for? We can write another letter stating that the sponsor will return to Canada, and I will finish my studies. He is applying to PhD programs, including some in Canada (start date would be Fall 2018), could this help? His dad has since decided to move across the country, so no short-term place to stay anymore, but we could get affidavits from friends.... We kind of also emptied out the Canadian bank accounts, since that money was more useful to us here :(

CIC also suggested an option to withdraw the petition - would we lose all the application fees and have to redo the (really expensive) medical exam also?

Advice?
Hey guys! Remember me? We submitted a bunch more information within 45 days, and finally got DM and passport request 2 weeks ago!
Wasn't a lot of things - affidavits from sponsor and a friend in Toronto, PhD application materials for sponsor with timeline, and grad school materials from me with program end date.

Tbh, it's still unclear whether our immediate plans include moving to Canada (such a gamble with grad school applications!). But since PR can be maintained while living abroad with Canadian spouse, it will be nice to have an opportunity to live, study and work without visa hassle :)

Last edited:

Y boperrai123

Jul 26, 2017
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
Aor1-26-05-2017 /Aor2-05-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-06-2017
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

Celyn1028

Jan 13, 2018
Hi usually how long does it take to receive a letter? Actually we hired consultant I can only check my status online but not In detailed.....thanks