N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi everyone,

It looks like my spouse's visa has finally been issued. Her GCKey account has been updated and there is an additional 'Document Status' table. It's as follows.

Name
Unique - PA's name
Client Identifier (UCI) - XXXXXXXXXX
Document - Counterfoil (Visa & CoPR)
Document number - TXXXXXXXXX
Status - Your document is valid.
Expiry Date - September 2018
Status Updated Date "Blank"
Travel document Number - Passport Number
Country of Issue - PA's country of residence

All the other outstanding statuses have been updated as well.

Where is this application? Details
Application status A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your background check was completed.
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I hope this helps. The wait is now for the passport to get back to her. Hopefully really soon. I still can't believe we've reached this far. :D:D:D

Last edited:

daviddaviddavid

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

It looks like my spouse's visa has finally been issued. Her GCKey account has been updated and there is an additional 'Document Status' table. It's as follows.

Name
Unique - PA's name

Application status A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your background check was completed. Help
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I hope this helps. The wait is now for the passport to get back to her. Hopefully really soon. I still can't believe we've reached this far. :D:D:D
Congratulations! Now we know how the GCKey is supposed to look like when it's a successful application. (I know there are other threads that might have posted this, haha). Fingers crossed for the rest of us!

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Congratulations! Now we know how the GCKey is supposed to look like when it's a successful application. (I know there are other threads that might have posted this, haha). Fingers crossed for the rest of us!
Thank you. Good luck to everyone!!! It will get there soon.

Reactions: meenadr87

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hi all,
Just to update- I uploaded the requested information yesterday (I'll also send it through the post)
In case anyone is interested to prove that I was going to move to Canada with my family I wrote a letter detailing our situation and highlighting where we intended on living when we were there and what city we'd be working in. I mentioned that my family has agreed to let us stay. I also included an email and a facebook message speaking to a bank and an estate agent about mortgages, a letter from an estate agent here when we had our house valued and a quote from a shipping company to ship our stuff to Canada. I searched on this forum and found a lot of useful information. I also included a copy of my son's Canadian passport.
I sincerely hope it's enough.
On the plus side, this has finally updated our ECAS which is now showing the request for information in May and now September.
Congrats to everyone who have received DMs!

zara12

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

Name
Unique - PA's name

Background check Your background check was completed. Help

Congratulations Oulrish :) I am sure it's a moment of tremendous joy for you and your wife as she will be receiving the passport any minute. All the best! I am very happy for you.

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Congratulations Oulrish :) I am sure it's a moment of tremendous joy for you and your wife as she will be receiving the passport any minute. All the best! I am very happy for you.
Thank you so much. It is indeed, it's been hard to balance the happiness and additional wait time worrying since she received the PPR. I'll be ecstatic once she receives it and books her flight. :rolleyes::D

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Oh, today I've received an e-mail form the VO stating the following statement:
Is this a positive sign, and what are the next steps?
I can't say but it sounds positive! Congratulations!!
Maybe they can only start the visa from a date when the sponsor is actually in the country.

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Oh, today I've received an e-mail form the VO stating the following statement:

Is this a positive sign, and what are the next steps?
And you've mentioned before that you've already provided them with the necessary documentation that shows intent to return to Canada, right?

Cause it all looks like you're ready in that case and you just need to wait for PPR email.

Maha123

Oct 5, 2017
Hello everyone is there a way I can know the status of my application other than thru GCKEY I couldnt connect my application and couple of months back they asked for a medical exam thru my email and I also got a letter telling me I'm approved to be a sponsor but I didn't get anything after that, can anybody help me please I'm worried

MrsTanner28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Hey, quick question since ecas says decision made after everything's been submitted, (still no reflection on gckey) when should I expect typically the visa request? Thank you in advanced

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

What the call centre couldn't confirm or even help with has been finally known. I received the GCMS notes today 31 days after requesting for it. It is with great pleasure that I can confirm that my wife's application has been approved and visa/copr granted. Her visa and CoPR are currently in queue for printing. I believe she should receive the PPR email pretty soon. I'm so happy and don't quite know how to feel.

This gives me a lot of hope for everyone currently waiting. That feeling of relief and happiness is unique and soon enough you will feel it. Keep the hopes high up and believe. Good luck to all of us as always!!! :cool::D:rolleyes: God help us all....
Hi! Just wondering if you are able to clarify something in regards to GCMS Notes; was your file ever in FCU-DIS in paper file history? If so, what`s the location after FCU-DIS?

For reference:

Y boperrai123

Jul 26, 2017
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
Aor1-26-05-2017 /Aor2-05-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-06-2017
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey, quick question since ecas says decision made after everything's been submitted, (still no reflection on gckey) when should I expect typically the visa request? Thank you in advanced
Which is Ur visa office?