AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
Hey everyone, is it going to be an issue if the sponsor is actually not in Canada but residing with the PA in the PA's home country?
is the sponsor a PR or Canadian citizen?

if the sponsor only has PR status then yes it will be an issue if they are not in canada and will be deemed ineligble

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
hi can someone tell me if the visa office emails us or mails us the final decision letter (copr/ppr) and all the associated things with that? specifically, NDVO?
I'm unsure if NVDO is has specific/different ways but my spouse received the PPR through email.

Reactions: sp121212

daviddaviddavid

Star Member
May 10, 2017
is the sponsor a PR or Canadian citizen?

if the sponsor only has PR status then yes it will be an issue if they are not in canada and will be deemed ineligble
The sponsor is Canadian, and has been approved as a sponsor. The file has already been transferred to the SGVO, and medical is passed. It was just requested for proof that the sponsor has returned to Canada and is currently residing in Canada (of which I find a bit off for this request).

Any leads?

Last edited:

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
The sponsor is Canadian, and has been approved as a sponsor. The file has already been transferred to the SGVO, and medical is passed. It was just requested for proof that the sponsor has returned to Canada and is currently residing in Canada (of which I find a bit off for this request).

Any leads?
If the sponsor is residing with the PA, they'll ask for proof of intent to return to Canada.

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
hi can someone tell me if the visa office emails us or mails us the final decision letter (copr/ppr) and all the associated things with that? specifically, NDVO?
depends do you have online account and signed up for emails instead of mail ? ppr is via email if you have online account. guess it will be mail if you have no online account.

Reactions: Oulrish

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Any leads?
You are going to have to satisfy the VO about Sponsor's intent to move back to Canada once PA gets approved for PR. Search this forum for "Proof of intent". Plenty of info. Include as many things as you can even if there's lack of conrete proofs like a job offer for the Sponsor, Lease Agreement, Insurance, University Offer etc. still plenty of things that can be used as supporting docs. Do a thorough research and treat this as the most important part of your case.

Reactions: Oulrish

daviddaviddavid

Star Member
May 10, 2017
You are going to have to satisfy the VO about Sponsor's intent to move back to Canada once PA gets approved for PR. Search this forum for "Proof of intent". Plenty of info. Include as many things as you can even if there's lack of conrete proofs like a job offer for the Sponsor, Lease Agreement, Insurance, University Offer etc. still plenty of things that can be used as supporting docs. Do a thorough research and treat this as the most important part of your case.
Thanks for the tip. I will look up proof of intent.

Has anyone ever receive a request like this,"To provide proof of the sponsor has returned to Canada, and is currently residing in Canada"?

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hey everyone, is it going to be an issue if the sponsor is actually not in Canada but residing with the PA in the PA's home country?
Hi,
I am in the same situation. It shouldn't be a problem (I hope!!!)

I have just today had a request for proof that I intend to live in Canada with my spouse if he is granted residence.
As if I'd send my husband of 14 years and my young son home to Canada while I stayed here o_O

I'm finding it tricky though because all of the 'proof' they mention is something I wouldn't start doing until we had a date to move over- like looking for employment.
I have one email from a job agency where they just tell me to contact them again when I get to Canada. I have a facebook conversation with my aunt who is a real estate agent asking her about mortgages (though I say in it that we are *thinking* of moving over because I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if we were refused a visa).
I also have some letters from an estate agency here where we enquired about selling our house (though they have spelled our names so badly that they are unrecognisable) and I have information from a company who ships your stuff overseas.
Does anyone have experience with this side of things? I'm worried that this won't be enough. I can get conversations from both my parents and my brother offering us to stay with them and could get letters as well.

Last edited:

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Hi,

I have just today had a request for proof that I intend to live in Canada with my spouse if he is granted residence.
As if I'd send my husband of 14 years and my young son home to Canada while I stayed here o_O

I'm finding it tricky though because all of the 'proof' they mention is something I wouldn't start doing until we had a date to move over- like looking for employment.
I have one email from a job agency where they just tell me to contact them again when I get to Canada. I have a facebook conversation with my aunt who is a real estate agent asking her about mortgages (though I say in it that we are *thinking* of moving over because I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if we were refused a visa).
I also have some letters from an estate agency here where we enquired about selling our house (though they have spelled our names so badly that they are unrecognisable) and I have information from a company who ships your stuff overseas.
Does anyone have experience with this side of things? I'm worried that this won't be enough. I can get conversations from both my parents and my brother offering us to stay with them and could get letters as well.
Are you a Canadian citizen or PR holder ?

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi,

I think providing your bank account statement can help your case as well, if you have enough funds you can show this as a proof that you intend to come back and are saving money in order to get settled. Or a mortgage payment or timely credit card payments or any kind of assets you own here. If you have friends here then phone call history and chats/logs etc.

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
I am a Canadian citizen. I've been living abroad with my husband on a spouse visa in his country for nearly 14 years now.
Then you must have applied for your spouse sponsorship, when you was not in Canada, that is the reason, they are asking you to provide such proof. Employment letter is the best proof in this case.