01-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yeah that's tru!
Any NDVO April applicant have got bgc started or dm yet?
Mine is NDVO as well.
What is ur background check status ,additional document and medical status

Sandhukang

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
April 18
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
June 19
Hello frnds!!!! Hope ur guys weekend is going good.
I jus heard from someone that if u request for gcms notes (which I have), the process gets delayed. The officer has to stop all the work on the file and provide us the update. He was told by one of the candidate when he called Mississauga cic.
I'm getting worried now :( have u guys heard or know of it???

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello frnds!!!! Hope ur guys weekend is going good.
I jus heard from someone that if u request for gcms notes (which I have), the process gets delayed. The officer has to stop all the work on the file and provide us the update. He was told by one of the candidate when he called Mississauga cic.
I'm getting worried now :( have u guys heard or know of it???
Hi!
I have heard this too. I can't remember where I read it (might have been this forum or the Cic website) but it was a list of things that slow down the process. Requesting notes was part of this list. I suppose it makes sense. They would have to stop the process, gather all info and notes together, copy them, email/post them, then continue on processing.

Reactions: Sandhukang

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
I'm an April applicant, outland Philippines, here is my timeline:

April 06 - CIC Received
May 03 - AOR
May 04 - Linked Application
May 09 - SA, Medical and Schedule A requested
May 10 - Medical and Schedule A sent
May 22 - Medical passed
July 17 - Application sent to VO for further processing
August 04 - RPRF and AOM requested, RPRF and AOM sent

Haven't heard anything since, my cic account is also saying :
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We are the same April 5 applicant. Though VO transfered in Manila is June13 and additional docs requested last June 28

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
hey everyone

I just received an email inviting my PA to attend a pre-arrival service. Does this mean our PR has been approved? I dont see any changes in ECAS or MyCIC online account nor have I received any other email or PPR
Is your background checked is completed already?

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Hello,
Is there is any wats up group for April 2017 applicants, my application was received on 5th April. Currently ECAS is showing "In Process".
Thanks
Same here!! April 5th applicant no background check yet still waiting for PPR!

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hi!
I have heard this too. I can't remember where I read it (might have been this forum or the Cic website) but it was a list of things that slow down the process. Requesting notes was part of this list. I suppose it makes sense. They would have to stop the process, gather all info and notes together, copy them, email/post them, then continue on processing.
This is simply not true. The government office processing GCMS requests is not at all related to IRCC in any way. All file notes are electronic because multiple officers work on the same file, only the lead officer in Mississauga stays the same. So if one Officer makes notes, they have to make them electronically so in case they get busy with something else, another officer can continue from where they left off. That means that retrieving electronic notes should not disrupt the work being done on the file by a Visa officer because they aren't the ones retrieving the notes. I even confirmed this with a CIC rep, and if you want you can get your Sponsors to call the ATIP office and ask them.

Last edited:

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
This is simply not true. The government office processing GCMS requests is not at all related to IRCC in any way. All file notes are electronic because multiple officers work on the same file, only the lead officer in Mississauga stays the same. So if one Officer makes notes, they have to make them electronically so in case they get busy with something else, another officer can continue from where they left off. That means that retrieving electronic notes should not disrupt the work being done on the file by a Visa officer because they aren't the ones retrieving the notes. I even confirmed this by a CIC rep, and if you want you can get your Sponsors to call the ATIP office and ask them.
Thanks Kinza Bee.
I was only stating what I read somewhere- that it slowed the process down. Glad to hear it doesn't. I haven't ordered my notes but I know a lot of people here have

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Thanks Kinza Bee.
I was only stating what I read somewhere- that it slowed the process down. Glad to hear it doesn't. I haven't ordered my notes but I know a lot of people here have
Sorry I realised that my note sounded a bit harsh. But I meant just to clear the confusion. An MP and a Lawyer also told two separate applicants and its so annoying being lied to like this. GCMS is our right as Canadian PR or Citizens. It should by no means hinder the processing of our partners' PR application. :)

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
Seems like NDVO is still working on March files. Have any April applicants from NDVO seen any progress on their files? BGC? DM?

Reactions: Sandhukang