+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Hello friends,

I got AOR2. But I got a different UCI number of file but file number is same. Is this a problem or when file goes to delhi then they give a different UCI number?

Another question is they asked me to send PCC and proof of payment to Mississauga so do I have to send it from Canada or I will have to send it from India? Plz reply me about it.

Thanks in Advance
UCI is permanent. Application number may change.. Try if you can upload the documents thru gckey

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Received email to indicate that application has been forwarded to Accra VO for processing. How do I indicate this on the spreadsheet, if in fact I do?

Has anyone heard how long it might take the Accra VO to request medicals? My husband is trying to book medicals as there is a wait list at all doctor offices there. Trying to give the VO enough time to send the request without holding up our application.

RochelleEdiza

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
04-28-2017
AOR Received.
05-27-2017
Med's Request
June 9, 217
Med's Done....
June 13, 2017
On my gckey it states that "review of additional documents: the additional documents you provided have been uploaded" and in my view my submitted
Application/profiles details, it is "SUBMITTED" already instead of action required. Does it mean they already received my sched. A which I sent via email before? Because my husband received his SA today and it says also that we have to submit sched. A BACKGROUND. Is it a technical issue again about sched.A?

nursegabo

Nov 5, 2013
Hey everyone,

I received a request with my SA (May 25) to send in my Schedule A. I mailed it to CPC and they received it on June 1.

Since then I have had no confirmation that they received/attached it. No change on MyCIC/ECAS (still says waiting for requested docs). No email. No nothing.

Is this typical? I was hoping by now I would get confirmation that they received it and ECAS changed to "In process" and they will ship it to the VO but I am still waiting with nothing and I am outside of Canada (in South Asia) so I don't believe I can call to find out... Really frustrating..

Congrats to all the AOR2s... Hoping I will join you all soon.
I am also waiting for confirmation from them that the sched a has been attach to our app but still no progress. They received it also om june 1st.

aino

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
I well come your opinion. Since its first time and we are both living and working in uae we thought we need to hire some one to follow up with the whole process.
I appreciate your opinion.and i will study the options.thanks
Bro, I am also applying from UAE and following up can be done through many other ways other than physical. Also looking at the different threads most of the people who hired lawyers have had so many problems including no communication. However there are people who have been successful. Whatever you are comfortable with; a few tips healthbay clinic for medical is cheaper in Dubai, police certificate takes 2 days 220 dhs and valid for 3 months hence I suggest apply for it only when they request otherwise you may risk paying 220 dhs again to renew since the duration is only 3 months.

Goodluck

kaszuby

Apr 21, 2017
I am also waiting for confirmation from them that the sched a has been attach to our app but still no progress. They received it also om june 1st.
Ah ok, let's keep each other updated then because if/when one of us gets confirmation then hopefully the other will as well shortly after.

Good luck. I have to admit it is painful seeing everyone's files being sent to their VOs and I have no idea if they have even attached the Schedule A I sent 2 weeks back..

Reactions: nursegabo

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
My wife is from ontario. We intend to hire David cohen to work out our sponsership process . Through my understanding Mr cohen profiles shows his office is in quebec . Do i need to look for someone from ontario again .or cohen can do the job.your comments on this regard is appreciated
Thanks
Hi Ahmed,

We also applied (Jun 3 2015) through UAE and our application was sent to ADVO. My husband landed in Apr 2016. I'm not trying to discourage you from hiring a lawyer - I think David Cohen is probably one of the best and contributes significantly to the voice for immigration to Canada. However, that having been said, the process is fairly straightforward and can be done without a lawyer - it depends on what you are comfortable with.

We did the police clearance up front. I don't think they really care about the validity that the UAE puts on them - it will depend on their own comfort level. We were never asked for them to be done again. In some cases, CIC has been requesting for documents again as a result of a bug in their system - unfortunately, we can only take it safe and submit what is asked for (unless there is clear indication otherwise). Again, maybe things have changed.

It doesn't matter where your immigration lawyer is based out of...although you should make sure you choose one who is listed on the Canadian Immigration Consultants webpage (although even that doesn't guarantee a good one).

There is also a thread for those applications being processed via the UAE (ADVO)....you should probably watch that one if you are not doing so already.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-sponsorship-abu-dhabi-office.95703/page-505

Also, the best way to track progress / timelines is to use the spreadsheets that people have created. Usually joining one for the year you apply (i.e. 2015 Outland Spousal) and the Visa Office you apply through will give you the best picture on how applications are moving.

Good luck with everything!

C.

mahirasef

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Toronto,ON
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Med's Request
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
March 04,2018
Passport Req..
March 22,2018
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hey everyone,

I received a request with my SA (May 25) to send in my Schedule A. I mailed it to CPC and they received it on June 1.

Since then I have had no confirmation that they received/attached it. No change on MyCIC/ECAS (still says waiting for requested docs). No email. No nothing.

Is this typical? I was hoping by now I would get confirmation that they received it and ECAS changed to "In process" and they will ship it to the VO but I am still waiting with nothing and I am outside of Canada (in South Asia) so I don't believe I can call to find out... Really frustrating..

Congrats to all the AOR2s... Hoping I will join you all soon.
I got SA on the same day & mine docs were uploaded on June 07, give CIC a call & ask if they have any update :)

Reactions: RochelleEdiza

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Reactions: Oulrish

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Thanks Steller. I am confused now. I will have to call tomorrow. Should I call to cic or delhi?
Sponsor and Applicant will have different UCI and that will remain constant for all applications made to IRCC.. Every application (PR, TRV etc. ) will have a different file number. May be the different UCI u are taking about is a new UCI generated for applicant but application number will remain the same.