+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

ADTT

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hi, april applicant here ✋, im so worried right now.. its almost 4 weeks and still waiting for AOR. Some of april applicant received their AOR already :(
When did they received your app? Did you try to call them?
application was sent april 19 and received april 20, i am here in the philippines and im the principal aplicant. We didn't try to call them because we are hoping that we'll received AOR after 3 weeks, and now its almost 4 weeks already.. and still hoping. We're a lil bit worried about it though.

Kuleng24

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi, april applicant here ✋, im so worried right now.. its almost 4 weeks and still waiting for AOR. Some of april applicant received their AOR already :(

application was sent april 19 and received april 20, i am here in the philippines and im the principal aplicant. We didn't try to call them because we are hoping that we'll received AOR after 3 weeks, and now its almost 4 weeks already.. and still hoping. We're a lil bit worried about it though.
Some applicants waited for their AORs for like 4-5 weeks. Some even 6-7 weeks. If you haven't received any news yet by the end of this week better try calling them. I've read from few people here that some of agents were kind enough to locate where your app is. Don't worry too much, it will come.

Siltiona

May 22, 2017

We received our AOR 4 weeks and a day after they had received the application so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
I'll suggest mail the copies .. as there is no harm in that call them on Tuesday as tomm is holiday.
The address is same as the place where you sent your file.
Don't forget to put an extra a4 size sheet with PA's UCI ,File number , full name,date of birth ,country of birth and the documents that you are sending that is schedule A & PCC ..
Sounds great. I'll do that tomorrow for sure. Thanks again.

Reactions: rEj19

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Anyone called recently to check on their AOR1s? By any chance did the Officer tell you what applications were they working on? (Week of which applications were received)
If it helps, a couple people from 4/25 on the spreadsheet received their AOR's on Friday.

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Yes starting the process, i haven't received my application number yet. So i am still waiting to start it. Just curious, how long is the PCC valid for? What are the chances we will have to redo it ?
I'm sorry for the delayed response to this, but you do not need your application number to obtain your police certificate. You should not wait to obtain it and should be starting that process ASAP. It just needs to be obtained no earlier than six months before your application is filed.

Last edited:

rynnyr

Apr 10, 2017
Application Sent: 10 April
Application Received:13 April
Rejection: 19 May

Our application was sent back as we are missing the 10 pages of text/emails confirming communication. With the original application, we had submitted 20 photos of us together, as well as several screenshots of social media interactions, so this is incredibly frustrating :( Since I'm in the U.S. and he is in Canada, we see each other in person fairly regularly, so we don't typically exchange emails (and our texts are really just inside jokes and emojis).

For those that submitted texts/etc., did you need to do anything to show a timestamp (some of the text services we use show a month/day, but not the year)?

Hoping to send everything back tomorrow and restarting the month-long wait for an AOR (or rejection) again. Arrrgh!

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Application Sent: 10 April
Application Received:13 April
Rejection: 19 May

Our application was sent back as we are missing the 10 pages of text/emails confirming communication. With the original application, we had submitted 20 photos of us together, as well as several screenshots of social media interactions, so this is incredibly frustrating :( Since I'm in the U.S. and he is in Canada, we see each other in person fairly regularly, so we don't typically exchange emails (and our texts are really just inside jokes and emojis).

For those that submitted texts/etc., did you need to do anything to show a timestamp (some of the text services we use show a month/day, but not the year)?

Hoping to send everything back tomorrow and restarting the month-long wait for an AOR (or rejection) again. Arrrgh!
This is why it is important to follow the checklist to a T. You can't skip anything. Sorry your app was returned.
I would suggest including some email or text correspondence from the beginning of your relationship.

mmwj

Aug 4, 2015
I'm on that same boat. I will be calling on Tuesday to see if I can get some sort of update.

rynnyr

Apr 10, 2017
This is why it is important to follow the checklist to a T. You can't skip anything. Sorry your app was returned.
I would suggest including some email or text correspondence from the beginning of your relationship.
Tricky when we've been together for 3 years and both have new phones since then. :) My main concern is that our texts (through whatsapp, viber, facebook etc) can include the month/date, but not the year.

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Tricky when we've been together for 3 years and both have new phones since then. :) My main concern is that our texts (through whatsapp, viber, facebook etc) can include the month/date, but not the year.
Did you never send any emails about anything? Those wouldn't be tied to a phone. I've been with my husband for almost five years, but I was still able to pull emails and messages from Facebook messenger and Skype (and we are also Canada-US and saw each other frequently). If you can't generate a year time stamp there's not much you can do about it, but they will find it strange if you don't communicate very much when you're apart.

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
As of late I know that a lot of people have had technical issues on their account (including myself). There are no upload field on the CIC account. Verify your spouse's ECAS status and see if it says that the correspondence email has been sent out. Most likely it has but your spouse has not received any email yet. In that case I would advise you to call the IRCC Call Centre to enquire. They could ask you to upload whichever requested
documents through the IRCC Webform. Please ensure you enquire before taking the next step.
I just sent the Schedule A form through "Report a Technical Issue" (I hope I did that the right way). It's been about a week and a half and we still didnt hear from them to upload the form. As you mentioned, there was no upload field on our account. So I decided to send it through by Reporting a Technical Issue (which I believe is sending it through Webform as people keep on referring on here, hopefully!). I haven't sent the PCC yet as they haven't requested for it, but would it be a problem by sending that as well without their request?

rynnyr

Apr 10, 2017
Did you never send any emails about anything? Those wouldn't be tied to a phone. I've been with my husband for almost five years, but I was still able to pull emails and messages from Facebook messenger and Skype (and we are also Canada-US and saw each other frequently). If you can't generate a year time stamp there's not much you can do about it, but they will find it strange if you don't communicate very much when you're apart.
We mostly talked on Skype (phone, not chat) when we were apart; I was able to pull a few chats, but I'm wondering how in-depth the written conversations need to be to be considered "communication". I also included a few emails, but they were mostly one-offs (him sending me an email or me sending one to him, not us necessarily responding to one another)- so I'm a little unsure about that. Between the time we spent together or on the phone, I was thinking we were communicating enough!

Anyway, round 2 is off now, so I'm hopping over to the May group. :)

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
I'm sorry for the delayed response to this, but you do not need your application number to obtain your police certificate. You should not wait to obtain it and should be starting that process ASAP. It just needs to be obtained no earlier than six months before your application is filed.
Thanks for your reply.
But, isn't the PCC valid for only 3 months? Worst case scenario, if for some reason our application is sent back. It would take another week or so for us to resend it and then wait another 4-5 weeks before the AOR. If that happens, we will have to do the PCC again.