+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Although we got our app linked without received the AOR my wife just received an e-mail today that she had a message on the CIC online account. We logged in and it was the schedule A request form. We are filling it out now but there was also a link in the form that led us to a section of the my account page where we can upload requested documents. I take it we wont have to go the web form route?

Also I didn't get the SA e-mail yet in my e-mail but I take it everything is fine since we got the sched A request?

Also if anyone knows the answer to this, my wife lived in the Philippines for about 6 months studying English but she doesn't remember her address there where she lived. What should we put on Sched A in this case for this address?

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just called them, they r saying its only been a month that they have received the package, it could take 6-8 weeks so call us after 2 months.... no relief... :(
DANG ! sometimes the agents act tough :X I had similar experience when my PR card was mailed to correct address but was returned back to Processing Center because the postman wasnt able to find my address .. so shit happens and we have to bite the bullet

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
i just called them, they r saying its only been a month that they have received the package, it could take 6-8 weeks so call us after 2 months.... no relief... :(
Try not to let it get to you. Also the call centre officers vary on the knowledge they have on the actual status of different applications. If they don’t have any notes on their system or if your package hasn’t been open they throw out an estimated wait time to callers, to try and reassure them.

My applicant was received on April 4th and I received my AOR on May 12th. Try giving it some time and hope for the best.

kaszuby

Apr 21, 2017
AOR1 - May 19th.
Application received on April 25

So happy! I now have a question and some advice.

MY QUESTION: I am the sponsor AND representative. The AOR email was sent to me but addressed to my common-law partner. I created a MyCIC account in MY name but I am wondering if I am also supposed to create a MyCIC account in my common-law partner's (Principal Applicant's) name as well?

When I log on to MyCIC it says no message and medicals etc not required and says currently reviewing eligibility and awaiting final decision. I am guessing I should make an account also in Principal Applicant's name even though I am the representative??? Advice would be greatly appreciated. Can I make another account in her name even though I made my own account with a bank account in my name?? I would need to use the same bank account for my common-law partner...

MY ADVICE:

For anyone having troubles linking their application, this is the method I used (I found this method on this forum) and it worked the first time:

Someone posted this and it is what I used:

"Try this combination :

Application # : xxxxxxxxxx
family name : PRINCIPAL APPLICANT LAST NAME (all caps)

Do not put anything in Passport field

Just a space in city of birth

Province : same as what you put in application
City : same as what you put in application
Marital status : married
# of family members : if no childfren, put 2 (that will be sponsor and principal applicant)"

Except I did not use all caps for family name and for marital status I put common-law instead of married. Worked smoothly the first time! Thanks whoever wrote this advice!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

meenadr87

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Yes, there’s only one Webform. The one link in my signature should bring you there.

I would suggest calling the call centre first and explaining the situation to them. Then ask them if you can and should upload the requested documents. Also enquire if they can verify which documents were requested.

Yet again they might also tell you to wait it out since it’s been only one day. Either way try calling them first.
Thanks - I'm going to wait it out until next week. If there's still nothing I'll give them a call.

kaszuby

Apr 21, 2017
Sorry to write again...

When I try to make a MyCIC account for my common-law partner (the Principal Applicant), since I am the representative, when I try to make a new account using the sign-in partner it just automatically logs me into my own MyCIC account??

How can I also make an account for her??? Is it possible using only one sign-in partner??

Thanks!!

Edit: Whoops.... I just found out that I used my common-law partner's (Principal Applicant's) UCI when creating MY MyCIC account.... I'm guessing I messed up? Can I delete the account and make a new one....?

KayJme

Mar 8, 2016
Edmonton
I also did the same thinf.

I also did the same thing... didnt receive any special request.. i uploaded one thru ircc webform and sent a printed and hand signed copy of schedule A to cpc mississauga. After 1 week they told me they have rcvd it
Hi,

Did they confirm which one they received? one through mail or soft copy through the web form?

MrsTanner28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
I finally got AOR today, but I can't seem to get the account to link online. I've tried everything and it turns up as 'this doesn't exsist" I'm trying to get ahold of them on the phone, but it's always busy then disconnects.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Getting really worried.. App received on 18-Apr, so far nothing :(
Hope s
AOR1 - May 19th.
Application received on April 25

So happy! I now have a question and some advice.

MY QUESTION: I am the sponsor AND representative. The AOR email was sent to me but addressed to my common-law partner. I created a MyCIC account in MY name but I am wondering if I am also supposed to create a MyCIC account in my common-law partner's (Principal Applicant's) name as well?

When I log on to MyCIC it says no message and medicals etc not required and says currently reviewing eligibility and awaiting final decision. I am guessing I should make an account also in Principal Applicant's name even though I am the representative??? Advice would be greatly appreciated. Can I make another account in her name even though I made my own account with a bank account in my name?? I would need to use the same bank account for my common-law partner...

MY ADVICE:

For anyone having troubles linking their application, this is the method I used (I found this method on this forum) and it worked the first time:

Someone posted this and it is what I used:

"Try this combination :

Application # : xxxxxxxxxx
family name : PRINCIPAL APPLICANT LAST NAME (all caps)

Do not put anything in Passport field

Just a space in city of birth

Province : same as what you put in application
City : same as what you put in application
Marital status : married
# of family members : if no childfren, put 2 (that will be sponsor and principal applicant)"

Except I did not use all caps for family name and for marital status I put common-law instead of married. Worked smoothly the first time! Thanks whoever wrote this advice!

Good luck everyone!
Well, I did not skip any question. No space bar nothing.. Answered all the questions and it worked.

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
when you guys call IRCC, what options do you press to get to someone ASAP?

I've just been pressing 1 until I get to the part to enter my application number....is there a faster way?

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Sorry to write again...

When I try to make a MyCIC account for my common-law partner (the Principal Applicant), since I am the representative, when I try to make a new account using the sign-in partner it just automatically logs me into my own MyCIC account??

How can I also make an account for her??? Is it possible using only one sign-in partner??

Thanks!!

Edit: Whoops.... I just found out that I used my common-law partner's (Principal Applicant's) UCI when creating MY MyCIC account.... I'm guessing I messed up? Can I delete the account and make a new one....?
Contact CIC 'IT helpdesk' to raise a Technical Problem.

Kuleng24

Star Member
May 12, 2017
One step closer to happiness!

App sent: April 22, 2017
App received: April 25, 2017
AOR received (PA): May 19, 2017 (after 25 days)
App linked: May 20, 2017 (luckily i was able to do it on first try)
SA: waiting
Schd A and PCC: waiting
One step at a time, it will come
Keeping my fingers crossed
Thank you guys for all your tips!
More Updates to all of us regarding our apps!!!

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
One step closer to happiness!

App sent: April 22, 2017
App received: April 25, 2017
AOR received (PA): May 19, 2017 (after 25 days)
App linked: May 20, 2017 (luckily i was able to do it on first try)
SA: waiting
Schd A and PCC: waiting
One step at a time, it will come
Keeping my fingers crossed
Thank you guys for all your tips!
More Updates to all of us regarding our apps!!!
Till we have our loved ones living with us there are so many things that can delay it or make it a bad experience, we all hold our breath and wish for the best outcome.. so many horror stories i been reading :( so its not over till the fat lady sings !

Reactions: Kuleng24

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
so for those who don't have the option to upload their schedA/PCC through MyCIC and are doing it via web form and are worried about whether the documents will be received on time (within 30 days of SA)

I just got off the phone with CIC checking on mine and the agent said that the date you submitted the web form will be the date they receive the schedA/PCC and not the date they attach it to your file.

eg: you submitted via the web form on the 5th and your schedA/PCC was attached to your file on the 25th but your 30 days ended on 15th, IRCC says (according to the agent) your schedA/PCC will still be on time since they will look at the date your submitted it them to them and not the date they attach the docs to your application.