+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Any april 2017 applicant still waiting for DM. My husband had a telephonic interview in d first week of Feb. After dat nothing. Current status says background check in process since Feb 27. I m so frustrated. how long they take to process dat.......
Yes me and a few others are still waiting. My bgc also went into processing on Feb. 27th and I haven't heard anything since...

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
Hey guys, just wondering if any one else has had this experience and what their timeline was like. I only have access to check on cic online tool. Our bgc has been ongoing for a couple of months -- according to the information when we call in. Today it now reads In Process instead of Application Received. What can I expect going forward? This is hopefully a really great thing with news to follow? I'm so anxious!!! App received April 6.

Maha123

Oct 5, 2017
Any April applicants still waiting application going on 12 month on april/7 ,any suggestions what to do if I didn't get ppr by then

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Any April applicants still waiting application going on 12 month on april/7 ,any suggestions what to do if I didn't get ppr by then
I would just email the VO directly if their email address is available.

Our VO was Singapore and every-time we emailed them our application progressed the next day. Yours may not be the same but it doesn't hurt to try. IMPORTANT. Don't try to push them for progress. Just say you are worried that you haven't received any update after certain steps.

Below is a sample email that we sent after we saw no progress after the medical:

Subject: Re: PR Application of ABC (Application number/ID: XXX and UCI: XXXX)
To: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Dear Immigration Officer,

My name is XYZ, a permanent resident of Canada. My UCI is XXX.

I have sponsored my wife ABC (i.e. the Principal Applicant) for Permanent Residency as a spouse under the spousal sponsorship of Family Class category. ABC's UCI is XXX and the permanent residency Application number/ID is XXXX.

We haven’t received any communication or email after ABC has completed her medical on Xth September, 2099.
We are just worried about whether we have missed any communication from CIC after that or not!

Sincerely Yours,
XYZ (UCI: XXX)
Permanent residency Application of ABC (UCI: XXX)
Application Number/ID: XXX

Maha123

Oct 5, 2017
I would just email the VO directly if their email address is available.

Our VO was Singapore and every-time we emailed them our application progressed the next day. Yours may not be the same but it doesn't hurt to try. IMPORTANT. Don't try to push them for progress. Just say you are worried that you haven't received any update after certain steps.

Below is a sample email that we sent after we saw no progress after the medical:
Thank you soo much for your reply ,at least now I know what to do ,I wonder if anyone hasan email to messi

armaniboy

May 16, 2018
Finally, my wife got a message from CIC this week asking her to send in her passport and photos for COPR. We are so happy that we are finally at the end of a long tunnel. Good luck to people who are still waiting! I am sure you will receive a good news very soon.

Ritu1414

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Any April 2017 applicant here?
yes....still waiting.
Performed Medical on November 2017 & CIC singapore has aaked Additional travel history on 5th April 2018 after that no more update getting in GcKey or ECAS. I have sent several times enquiry to CIC, Singapore but no response.What should I do now!

Kevz03

May 21, 2018
Hi guys

I've applied last april 5 2017. Ircc received my application arpil 10. Here is my time line.

AOR apr 10 2017
May 5 - they asked for police clearance but never received any mail till Feb 2018

2018:

Feb 5- after months with no update we wrote to ircc. It seems they were backlogged a lot.
Feb 8 - Suddently everything cones in : medical
Feb 16 - police clearance and CSQ ( QC Applicant)
Feb 27 - medical passed ! And goin in IP1
April 23 - after 2 month with no update with decide to write 2-3 email to the embassy.
April 27 we entered, i think , in IP2

And here we are still waiting for the golden email. Taking forever as we passed the 12 months mark. B

armaniboy

May 16, 2018
Hi guys

I've applied last april 5 2017. Ircc received my application arpil 10. Here is my time line.

AOR apr 10 2017
May 5 - they asked for police clearance but never received any mail till Feb 2018

2018:

Feb 5- after months with no update we wrote to ircc. It seems they were backlogged a lot.
Feb 8 - Suddently everything cones in : medical
Feb 16 - police clearance and CSQ ( QC Applicant)
Feb 27 - medical passed ! And goin in IP1
April 23 - after 2 month with no update with decide to write 2-3 email to the embassy.
April 27 we entered, i think , in IP2

And here we are still waiting for the golden email. Taking forever as we passed the 12 months mark. B

Hang in there guys. My wife just received her COPR today. Our application was received by CIC on 12 April 2018. There was nothing happening with our application but things got moving when we requested GCMS. It may be a coincedence but you should give it a go. Good luck!

Kevz03

May 21, 2018
Hang in there guys. My wife just received her COPR today. Our application was received by CIC on 12 April 2018. There was nothing happening with our application but things got moving when we requested GCMS. It may be a coincedence but you should give it a go. Good luck!
We inquired to our VO which is manila and they replied to us that a review is being done to see if we meet all staturory requirements for admissibilty. Hope we are close to have ppr. Where was your wife's VO? Ours is Manila.

armaniboy

May 16, 2018
We inquired to our VO which is manila and they replied to us that a review is being done to see if we meet all staturory requirements for admissibilty. Hope we are close to have ppr. Where was your wife's VO? Ours is Manila.
My wife's application was handled by Manila Visa Office. According to GCMS report she received last week, all of her statutory requirements, i.e., criminality, etc, were reviewed and approved in November 2017, but nothing happened with the application until May. We saw a post saying that if one's application is held in abeyance then it may be worthwhile to request GCMS as this may 'prompt' CIC to move little faster on PR application. Since we had nothing to lose, we requested GCMS at the end of April and things started to move from there. Like I said previously, this may be a pure coincedence, but you never know. In any case, we received COPR this week and will do flagpoling on Friday to finalize PR!

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
timeline update

App received: April 4, 2017
AOR1: April 27
Meds Passed: May 12

Transferred to Manila VO/AOR2: June 1
Application process started: June 5
Elegibility Passed: August 24
Pre-Arrival: Sept 7
Background check started: Nov 2

Passport Request: Jan 10, 2018
DM: Jan 11, 2018
Passport sent: Jan 11, 2018
Counterfoil issued: Jan 15, 2018
Application status in GC Key changed to approved Jan 15, 2018
passport returned / COPR: January 18, 2018

PDOS/GCP seminer: feb 9, 2018
Landed: April 14, 2018 (YVR - Vancouver)
PR Card received: June 8, 2018

Ritu1414

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks to Allah that my spouse got mail on 14th June 2018 to submit passport in singapore visa office.
Our application was April 12, 2017.
Hope every1 will get good news same as me asap.

Reactions: ladyElGi