+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

johny418_ind

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
"Also, you need to have PR for 5 years before you can sponsor anyone, so if you got PR in 2015, you can't sponsor anyone until 2020."[/b]

Where it is written..i cant find any such information... My wife was non -accompanying with me when i first go t canada in 2015 for 1 Month.

There is no such place where i can see that i can't sponser until 2020 ??

Regards,
johny418_ind

US2CA4LOVE

Apr 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2017
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
johny418_ind said:
"Also, you need to have PR for 5 years before you can sponsor anyone, so if you got PR in 2015, you can't sponsor anyone until 2020."[/b]

Where it is written..i cant find any such information... My wife was non -accompanying with me when i first go t canada in 2015 for 1 Month.

There is no such place where i can see that i can't sponser until 2020 ??

Regards,
johny418_ind
I think they are misunderstanding this from the CIC
"You can’t be a sponsor if you:
•were sponsored by a spouse or partner and you became a permanent resident less than five years ago"

If you received a PR card that wasn't from a spousal sponsorship you are fine.

:)

US2CA4LOVE

Apr 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2017
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
I should add, I believe you need to have listed your spouse and children on YOUR PR application in order to sponsor them as a PR.

Someone else may be able to add more clarity on that point

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
Hey everyone, I was originally a March applicant but my application was returned so I ended up re-submitting in April. I sent my application April 4th and it was delivered on April 5th. Now just waiting to recieve the AOR which will take a couple weeks I guess. I sent the application with the highlighted checklist which they had sent back to me so I hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue because I realize some people are saying that it's better to send a new checklist as opposed to the highlighted one. Hoping that it doesn't get returned to me again. Good luck everyone!

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
vikkumar said:
Hey everyone, I was originally a March applicant but my application was returned so I ended up re-submitting in April. I sent my application April 4th and it was delivered on April 5th. Now just waiting to recieve the AOR which will take a couple weeks I guess. I sent the application with the highlighted checklist which they had sent back to me so I hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue because I realize some people are saying that it's better to send a new checklist as opposed to the highlighted one. Hoping that it doesn't get returned to me again. Good luck everyone!
Who really knows because they didn't indicate any instruction in my letter and IRCC agents couldn't clarify. I re-submitted my application recently too and attached a new checklist because I included a new form (IMM 5475 - authority to release info). I would think in your case it helps because its outlining what was returned and you fixed it. I attached a letter of explanation stating the incomplete document has been fixed so fingers crossed they accept everything this time around!

vpjp

Mar 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2017
Doc's Request.
March 30, 2017
AOR Received.
March 29, 2017
File Transfer...
April 6, 2017
US2CA4LOVE said:
I think they are misunderstanding this from the CIC
"You can’t be a sponsor if you:
•were sponsored by a spouse or partner and you became a permanent resident less than five years ago"

If you received a PR card that wasn't from a spousal sponsorship you are fine.

:)
Sorry about that! Definitely look into it and make sure you can sponsor in your situation, just in case.

concol

Apr 29, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-11-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017 - schedule A and Police Clearance
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
submitted with Application - passed
concol said:
New to site

Wife lives in Cebu, Philippines

Application sent - April 5, 2017

now the wait begins

this is NOT good ... sent by Canada Post - Express Post (Signature Required) April 4 ,2017 from Mississauga, Ontario Post Office --- to Case Processing Center Station A Mississauga .... checked online with Express Post tracking number -- as of April 10th still shows out for delivery ... called Canada Post -- put in a investigation ... not very happy. :(

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
concol said:
this is NOT good ... sent by Canada Post - Express Post (Signature Required) April 4 ,2017 from Mississauga, Ontario Post Office --- to Case Processing Center Station A Mississauga .... checked online with Express Post tracking number -- as of April 10th still shows out for delivery ... called Canada Post -- put in a investigation ... not very happy. :(
If you send it "signature required" through Canada Post, you have to send it to the mailing address for couriers, which is a different address. What address did you send to? That could be the problem.

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Hi I'm newbie! April 5th applicant base on IRCC sent text messages. Lets start a thread here and update each other ;D ;D ;D Goodluck to me and to everyone!!!!

rynnyr

Apr 10, 2017
Just sent our application by courier today, expected to arrive at CIC on Wednesday. Fingers crossed that the process goes smoothly! ;D

concol

Apr 29, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-11-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017 - schedule A and Police Clearance
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
submitted with Application - passed
viva-c said:
this is NOT good ... sent by Canada Post - Express Post (Signature Required) April 4 ,2017 from Mississauga, Ontario Post Office --- to Case Processing Center Station A Mississauga .... checked online with Express Post tracking number -- as of April 10th still shows out for delivery ... called Canada Post -- put in a investigation ... not very happy.

If you send it "signature required" through Canada Post, you have to send it to the mailing address for couriers, which is a different address. What address did you send to? That could be the problem.
I sent it to CPC - Mississauga. PO BOX 3000, Station A Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4N6.

When sending it, I asked the person at the post office if I could get a signature for a PO BOX - she said yes ... when I put in a ticket with the Canada Post Agent - she made no mention to the fact it was a post office box and I needed a signature. She did say that it was a large volume receiver, so sometimes they don't pick up everyday.

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
concol said:
I sent it to CPC - Mississauga. PO BOX 3000, Station A Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4N6.

When sending it, I asked the person at the post office if I could get a signature for a PO BOX - she said yes ... when I put in a ticket with the Canada Post Agent - she made no mention to the fact it was a post office box and I needed a signature. She did say that it was a large volume receiver, so sometimes they don't pick up everyday.
This you guys tried the text messages. The bar code you can print it out and attached to your application and the IRCC is the one directly txt u if they received your files. Which I did and they texted me that they have my papers safe delivery same Canada post express.

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
concol said:

Unfortunately based on what I've read on this forum, sending it to the PO Box and telling Canada Post to require a signature can cause delivery problems.
I'm not able to provide any further info besides that - I've just read stories on here relating to it. Maybe someone else can chime in w/ their experience.

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
concol said:

This is exactly what I did, I used the P.O. Box address, and sent it via express post with signature option via Canada Post from Calgary, and it got there the next day.

Hopefully, it gets resolved.

I also used the text message scan option to know when it gets to CIS Mailroom.