Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
07-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2017
LANDED..........
15-01-2018
Did you recieve COPR document along with the stamped passport from visa office ?

Yes. They will send it to you together with your passport

s.arida

Apr 25, 2017
My husband is the PA. He had two children from two different women when he was younger. One of which he still have contact and the other he no longer have any means of communication for years. Although we both declared the kids as non-accompanying family member. Because of the situation with the other child, we are not able to get her examined. We sent a letter from a lawyer stating the reason and situation. As much as we don’t want, not knowing her whereabouts, we decided to removed the child from the application.

Dec 3rd, We received an email from MVO, it is a Declaration form that my husband needs to sign stating that:
1. He’s been counselled by an officer about the consequences...
2. made aware of the provisions of paragraph 117 (9)(d)
3. that he understand he’s not able to sponsor the child anymore *basically the letter is to ensure that he understand which the consequences which will follow from his decision not to have a family member examined for admission to Canada.

Recently, after seeing most applicant with the same timeline as ours, I asked MP If they could help me see the status of the papers. And here’s what is says on the email:

I received the following message from Immigration regarding Dennis’s file:

• Since your last enquiry of November 21, 2017, an email was received from your constituent on December 4, 2017 requesting the exclusion of the dependent V. Arida. The assessment of the exclusion request is still in progress.
• The results of the security and criminality verification was received and are currently valid.
• Should the visa office in Manila Philippines requires additional information, they will contact the applicant directly.

When it says the results of security and criminality verification was received and valid, is that the police clearances?

It will be the 10th month. I know it’s still not a full year. I’m getting worried. Anybody here experienced this? Do we have high chance of being refused because of that?

Here’s my husbands timeline:
March 31 - Application Received
April 21 - AOR1
April 24 - Medical Request
April 26 - Sponsorship Approved
May 6 - Schedule A/Legal letter submitted (exclusion of the child)
May 8 - Medical done - ECAS is currently still saying “We are reviewing the results of your medical exam”
June 19 - transferred to MVO
July 3 - Request for AOM
July-Nov *HIATUS*
Nov 7 - Invitation to Pre-Arrival
Dec 4 - Husband was asked to sign a declaration about non-inclusion
Around Dec - Background check in process

Thanks in advance

JMV405

Oct 26, 2015
You received PPR direct? I mean there was no update on Background check or DM before that?
My app was not linked to my account so I didn't have access to my GCKEY. I checked on the 2nd week of January (via the phone prompt of CIC) and my app was has not started with the background check. DM may have been on the same day I received PPR or, most likely, the day before which was the day I didn't get to check my ECAS.

JMV405

Oct 26, 2015
They only asked for my COPR and passport and that was it. The immigration officer was very friendly. He asked me to verify my address in Canada and asked if I had brought along any dependents with me. He asked me to wait for 5 mins, called me back and I was done!
Nice! All the best in Canada!

Reactions: MRS STYLZ

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
Hang in there! :) The wait will be worth it in the end. All apps are unique.
There is something weird with our application, maybe you’ll have answer for it.
When i call cic and listen to automated system for the update, it says we need more documents in order to process your application, it has been like that for a month now. When we asked our lawyer to check the account if they have received any msg there is nothing. Would you know what that means?

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
Why it was rejected in the first time? What are the amendments you made to the application?
The only reaspn I was given was that because the PR application was in process. But when I later found out through an MP inquiry that her eligibility had not been passed yet, i believe that could have been a reason. The second time we applied, we applied through an agent who prepared our file for us

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
Happy to announce that my wife got her PPR on 18th January. We applied on April 27th and got medicals done in July however our application stated "In Process" in December only .

We have sent the passport for stamping. :)

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
There is something weird with our application, maybe you’ll have answer for it.
When i call cic and listen to automated system for the update, it says we need more documents in order to process your application, it has been like that for a month now. When we asked our lawyer to check the account if they have received any msg there is nothing. Would you know what that means?
Hi Sheen,
What do you see when you log in online?
Whenever I phoned CIC and listened to their automated information it said that our 'student visa' was currently being processed. So the information obviously wasn't correct.
Also, online information was rarely updated. We were stuck at the first update (Schedule A request) until the actual approval of the Visa.
You can speak to someone at the CIC call centre and ask them to send a message to whoever is processing it to check to see if there is anything that was requested that is still outstanding but I know from experience it takes weeks for them to read it let alone reply.

Long story short, whatever it is has probably been received but just hasn't been updated.