+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sumie300

Jun 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

Visa Processing : London Visa Office

My husband receive PPR today, they are requesting his passport to be sent to Abu Dhabi Visa Office as my husband used to work in DUBAI Uae, however he is now in the Philippines, any suggestions or any similar cases here, what did you do? Did you send passport in Abu Dhabi or they were able to transfer to Manila Visa Office?
Thank you for your responses[/

iFox

Apr 22, 2017
Hello,

just sharing our timeline

1. We received XXX application for permanent residence on April 28, 2017.
  2. We sent XXX correspondence acknowledging receipt of XXX's application(s) on August 12, 2017.
  3. We started processing XXX's application on August 12, 2017.
  4. We sent XXX correspondence on May 26, 2017. If XXX has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Background check has not even started yet. Warsaw VO, I made an inquiry and just got a reply " Your application is in process and a final decision may not be taken earlier than beginning of 2018" so it appears that no DM is even close yet

sara200t

Oct 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi! I have received PPR on Friday, woot! Hope you get yours too! By the way, any indication on how long SGVO will take upon receiving the passport? 1 month is a wee bit too long..
Woo hoo, Congrats! that is great to hear.

I hope mine is coming soon as my DM is only a few days after yours. That is what I heard too, about a month or less.

Maryam.issam

Oct 14, 2017
Jordan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
19/04/2017
Doc's Request.
26/05/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
File Transfer...
17/07/2017
Med's Request
09/06/2017
Med's Done....
11/06/2017
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
Hi all ..
i need some help to linked our application (family spouses) in GCkey ..
in question that asked where will you live in canada ?!
we will live in Montreal with my husband but there is many choices in this case ..
(Montreal.Est , Montreal.Nord , Montreal.oust .... etc) which one i can choose? Just Montreal?!
Question 2:
We have a girl she 1 year old .. in question
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application?
I answered 3 .. it is correct?!
Thnx

Reactions: Issammar

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this or heard of this happening before!
Just to recap: My husband's application was processed in Mississauga (April applicant) up until the Background Check stage started. Soon after it was transferred to NY in early October. While the application was still in Mississauga, he was asked for schedule A, FBI clearance and medicals. All of these were requested at different times and were submitted individually.
This past Saturday, we received an email which read Invitation to Pre-arrival services. This was confusing as I wasn't expecting an American applicant to receive these services. But we thought the process must be coming to an end soon.
This afternoon, we received another message. Now they are requesting more of the same documents!
------
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
FBI Clearance: As your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer Since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate -
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf
New York State police certificate - www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/ojis/recordreview.htm
Police Certificates from every state of residence where you have lived for more than 6
months since the age of 18.
------

This just doesn't make any sense. Do we have to get an FBI clearance all over again? Schedule A is not a problem but why do we have to send it again? The police certificate for NY is something new. My husband only lived in NY since 18, so the last document is not even relevant.
Also, I noticed that the bullet point for Schedule A in the note they sent was blue. The other 3 were all black. I wonder if that's just a typo or does it mean they are only asking for a new schedule A?

Thank you to anyone who responds. We are just so tired of this process and this is yet another unanticipated delay.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this or heard of this happening before!
Just to recap: My husband's application was processed in Mississauga (April applicant) up until the Background Check stage started. Soon after it was transferred to NY in early October. While the application was still in Mississauga, he was asked for schedule A, FBI clearance and medicals. All of these were requested at different times and were submitted individually.
This past Saturday, we received an email which read Invitation to Pre-arrival services. This was confusing as I wasn't expecting an American applicant to receive these services. But we thought the process must be coming to an end soon.
This afternoon, we received another message. Now they are requesting more of the same documents!
------
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
FBI Clearance: As your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer Since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate -
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf
New York State police certificate - www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/ojis/recordreview.htm
Police Certificates from every state of residence where you have lived for more than 6
months since the age of 18.
------

This just doesn't make any sense. Do we have to get an FBI clearance all over again? Schedule A is not a problem but why do we have to send it again? The police certificate for NY is something new. My husband only lived in NY since 18, so the last document is not even relevant.
Also, I noticed that the bullet point for Schedule A in the note they sent was blue. The other 3 were all black. I wonder if that's just a typo or does it mean they are only asking for a new schedule A?

Thank you to anyone who responds. We are just so tired of this process and this is yet another unanticipated delay.
It's not uncommon for them to ask for documents again, unfortunately.

I don't understand what you mean as to why he shouldn't have to submit a NY state certificate?

amarantine

Mar 9, 2017
Sorry, not the NY state certificate. That we can request and submit. It's the final document that doesn't even apply to him.
"Police Certificates from every state of residence where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18."
He has only lived in NY since 18.

It's not uncommon for them to ask for documents again, unfortunately.

I don't understand what you mean as to why he shouldn't have to submit a NY state certificate?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Sorry, not the NY state certificate. That we can request and submit. It's the final document that doesn't even apply to him.
"Police Certificates from every state of residence where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18."
He has only lived in NY since 18.
They are looking for FBI clearance certificate and also the state he lives in since its NY also the state clearance so your obtaining 2 certificates. I know usually police clearance is valid some parts of the world is 6 months so if its 6 months then yes you need to re-do another.

Naaaaa

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Hello,

just sharing our timeline

1. We received XXX application for permanent residence on April 28, 2017.
  2. We sent XXX correspondence acknowledging receipt of XXX's application(s) on August 12, 2017.
  3. We started processing XXX's application on August 12, 2017.
  4. We sent XXX correspondence on May 26, 2017. If XXX has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Background check has not even started yet. Warsaw VO, I made an inquiry and just got a reply " Your application is in process and a final decision may not be taken earlier than beginning of 2018" so it appears that no DM is even close yet

We almost have the same timeline, I guess. Our status under background check is still in progress, and they will message us once they started it. So does it means they haven't started the bg check yet? They already requested for Certificate of clearance and we were able to submit it just this week.

sara200t

Oct 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
We got PPR today.

Here is our timeline.
- Singapore VO
- Application received (April 18)
- AOR 1 (May 11)
- AOR 2 (Aug 30)
- Med Req (Sep 18)
- Med passed (Oct 3)
- BGC In progress (Oct 24)
- Documents sent back (Nov 1)
- Decision Made in ecas (Nov 6)
- PPR (Nov 14)

Gany

May 31, 2017
Any updates from NDVO, Did they passed out or overwhelmed with applications? Guess no April applicant from NDVO got DM made?

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Anyone received their GCMS notes today? If yes what was the date you applied? And also from which email address do they send the notes?

Naaaaa

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
How can we know that they are checking our background? Can anyone attach a screenshot too? :( Thanks!

Reactions: Maryam.issam

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
Anyone received their GCMS notes today? If yes what was the date you applied? And also from which email address do they send the notes?
notes arriving today would have been requested 30-35 days ago and would come from IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

How can we know that they are checking our background? Can anyone attach a screenshot too? :( Thanks!
your see it in your application status when you log into your GCKEY online account