+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Hi all,

I've reviewed the spreadsheet and much of this thread, but I don't see anyone else in my position - I'll call Monday morning but I haven't had much progress at all.

Application sent: 3 April
Application Received: 10 April
AOR1: 5 May
Application linked: 5 May

Then nothing since...

Have been trying to be patient but it seems my application lags behind everyone in this thread - so I'm at a bit of a loss!
Don't worry you are not alone I am April 18 applicant..

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Congrats! Some people receive PPR in 1-2 weeks time. Do you mind sharing your timeline please. Thank you :)

Hello Guys just wanna ask about our ecas information. I cant link our application in our account that why were just depending on the email they've been sending to us.

(sponsor) it says
DECISSION MADE
  1. We received your application to sponsor CY on April 7, 2017.

Dependents listed on the application are: HC
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 3, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 2, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2017 about the decision on your application.
(applicant) : In Process

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 7, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 15, 2017.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I send my AOM which is they need to continue processing our papers (last June 2, 2017) in VO. I called them by June 5 to check if they received already the courrier and they told me they forwarded it already the document by June 3. But till now I never received any message/confirmation from cic if they got it already. Any Idea if when I can have the next step and until when do I need to wait for PPR? thank you Guys.

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Spousal sponsorships are Excessive Demand Exempt (EDE) as it says on the Medical forms so they're only looking for things in the section "Danger to Public Health and Public Safety" from the link you posted.
Oh yeah. I saw case study where renal failure or any chronic kidney related conditions are mentioned as grounds for denial in a spousal sponsorship case. I guess, it is always the discretion of the officer :)

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hello, I am new to the forum and below is what we have in the system so far:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on March 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 24, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We have already sent what was requested, like the background information and digital pictures of the PA, however, still have not received any updates. PA is in Canada, recently moved there while the person to be sponsored is still in India. Any advise on the expected timeline would be great. Thanks

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hello, I am new to the forum and below is what we have in the system so far:
  2. We sent you correspondence on March 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 24, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We have already sent what was requested, like the background information and digital pictures of the PA, however, still have not received any updates. PA is in Canada, recently moved there while the person to be sponsored is still in India. Any advise on the expected timeline would be great. Thanks
Hi,
Each case is different however, typically once they have all the forms they need, Police Clearance Certificate, Schedule A and Medical, the file is then transferred over to the Visa Office that typically processes application form your country. In your case my guess is it will be New Delhi. We sent all our forms by May 19, were transferred over to our VO on May 24th. Hope that helps :)

The person being sponsored is the Principal Applicant. So the sponsor is back in Canada and the PA is in India still?

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Hi,
Each case is different however, typically once they have all the forms they need, Police Clearance Certificate, Schedule A and Medical, the file is then transferred over to the Visa Office that typically processes application form your country. In your case my guess is it will be New Delhi. We sent all our forms by May 19, were transferred over to our VO on May 24th. Hope that helps :)

The person being sponsored is the Principal Applicant. So the sponsor is back in Canada and the PA is in India still?
Yes, sorry, the PA is still in India. The sponsor recently moved to Canada, like last month. Do you think that him not being in Canada physically might have caused the delay in the application.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Yes, sorry, the PA is still in India. The sponsor recently moved to Canada, like last month. Do you think that him not being in Canada physically might have caused the delay in the application.
Could you share your timeline because the notes are a bit confusing. Thanks.

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
I am sorry, I do not have a timeline to share, as our representative is handling the request, but the only information available to me is the one below :

Sorry!

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
I am sorry, I do not have a timeline to share, as our representative is handling the request, but the only information available to me is the one below :

Sorry!
Hey no need to apologize :) It is just strange that they should have asked for documents before receiving your application! (1 and 2).
And to be honest I am not an expert, but I don't think there is any delay based on those updates. If you submitted your Schedule A, PCC and Medical on May 24 then this is pretty standard based on my personal experience also. See my timeline in my signature. We were transferred to our VO on May 24 after they received everything by May 19.

How long was the Sponsor outside of Canada? are they a citizen?

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Thank you for the reply and clarification. We submitted schedule A and PCC, however, they have not requested for Medical as of yet. Do you think it is a good idea to get them done upfront or wait until they ask for it. Thanks for letting me know.

heliis

May 1, 2017
We sent our application in May and got AOR a week ago.
In the checklist we picked the option number 3.
NO---1. Im living currently in Canada.....
NO---2. Im living Outside Canada......

YES---3. I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside of Canada.

Now we are wondering if I could apply for an open work permit and submit it online, we read something about (AIP—first stage "approval in principle") but im not sure when is that, and if after picking the option 3 im consider an outland application and I won't be able to ask for a work permit.

Thanks in advance

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Thank you for the reply and clarification. We submitted schedule A and PCC, however, they have not requested for Medical as of yet. Do you think it is a good idea to get them done upfront or wait until they ask for it. Thanks for letting me know.
I would recommend waiting for CIC to request it. They will send you a personalised medical form with the PA's UCI and Application number, which you will take to their specified medical facility. Once the medical examination is conducted the facility will send your results directly to CIC. Best to wait. All the best.

inak_15

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
I would recommend waiting for CIC to request it. They will send you a personalised medical form with the PA's UCI and Application number, which you will take to their specified medical facility. Once the medical examination is conducted the facility will send your results directly to CIC. Best to wait. All the best.
Ok, thank you. We will then wait for them to request the medical.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
hi guys our applicatoin was resubmitted last may 23 received on 24 and still no update what should i do? T.T

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
hi guys our applicatoin was resubmitted last may 23 received on 24 and still no update what should i do? T.T
It is a waiting game. But you can call and enquire. Looking at everyone's time line, your AOR will come soon.