Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
do we know if any Jan or Feb applicant received PPR yet?
Check the spreadsheets in my signature. I believe some have.

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
The thirty day thing is not actually true anymore. And this is only because I am following forums and facebook closely. It is taking a lot longer than that for many applications, which SUCKS. For comparison, we applied for my husbands visitor visa. Online CIC it said it would take twelve days. It took three months. Craziness!
I am really glad you got it though :)
Oh wow! I wasn't aware of that at all. Looking at the timelines of others, I concluded it was within the 30 day period. Thanks for the update! :)

The thirty day thing is not actually true anymore. And this is only because I am following forums and facebook closely. It is taking a lot longer than that for many applications, which SUCKS. For comparison, we applied for my husbands visitor visa. Online CIC it said it would take twelve days. It took three months. Craziness!

Also keep in mind that CPC Mississauga is actually holding files longer there as opposed to transferring to the VO under the new application process. Not sure if that was something you already knew, but Miss is doing some of the high level processing and looking over applications so it makes it easier and faster on the VO :)

We received the medical request after we got Schedule A request, so yes, for sure. Our PR is being processed at the VO stage now, the med request came a couple weeks after Sched A request and once we had submitted everything it got transferred.
Fingers crossed it is indeed fairly fast. What annoyed me is the obstacles in communicating with IRCC if you're outside of Canada since there's no way of getting through the phone (we tried multiple times). I don't mind waiting at all, but I'd appreciate better communication with IRCC, e.g. once they send a message, it'd be good to actually receive it in myCIC haha. But it's sorted for now, though. MP is a huge help for us!

Also keep in mind that CPC Mississauga is actually holding files longer there as opposed to transferring to the VO under the new application process. Not sure if that was something you already knew, but Miss is doing some of the high level processing and looking over applications so it makes it easier and faster on the VO :)

We received the medical request after we got Schedule A request, so yes, for sure. Our PR is being processed at the VO stage now, the med request came a couple weeks after Sched A request and once we had submitted everything it got transferred.
Yes it is normal. We received the additional documents request after receiving the AOR. As for the medical request they have not yet sent it out. They also mentioned that our application is ready for transfer. So sometimes it will be transferred and the medical will be sent out even when your application is at the outland VO.

AOR1 receipt time went anywhere from 2-40 days depending on applications and also CIC is having a hard time coping with the amount of applications they are receiving. On top of which all their officers have different working pace and your luck really plays into which hands your application fall into. I believe you did good contacting the MP.
So now awaiting the med request :) great!

AOR1 receipt time went anywhere from 2-40 days depending on applications and also CIC is having a hard time coping with the amount of applications they are receiving. On top of which all their officers have different working pace and your luck really plays into which hands your application fall into. I believe you did good contacting the MP.
I suppose that's completely true - depends on the officer. Yes, for anyone having troubles with contacting IRCC, or enquiring about their outland application, this is certainly the best option. MP have a direct phone line and email address to IRCC and they obviously cannot be ignore, as applicants can.

Reactions: Oulrish

Kuleng24

Star Member
May 12, 2017
GOt medical exam request today but still no AOR for sponsor, no sponsorship approval email or anything. Really weird Coz it has been stated in his eCAS last may 24, decision made still no SA.
But anyway, the correspondence is at least reaching me and this is still a good news.
Just to share My timeline to those having same worries like me:
App received: april 26
PA aor: may 19
Linked online app: may 20
"Decision made" status on sponsor:
may 24
Medical request at cic online account:
may 30
Schd A and PCC: no request yet but planning on sending it out very soon via express mail since there's so many glitches in the system right now.
Good luck to us all... let's keep hoping for the best!

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Hi everyone,

This is quite a battle so far lol.

My partner (Canadian) is sponsoring me (Polish). We sent our original application in February, but we received no AOR1 for more than 30 days. We became concerned, so we contacted my partner's local MP. She kindly phoned IRCC on our behalf and since then, she's been a vital part of our application, allowing us to resolve issues with communication between us and IRCC.

However, after her intervention someone got annoyed at the IRCC office, as our application was returned to us due to.. missing "n/a" in one line of one of the forms (ridiculous). Luckily, our MP was on it and she requested that the application is kept on file, and we only resend the "incorrect" document. And so we did. It was still taking a long time to hear back from them. Yet another intervention in a form of a phone call from the MP. Again, success. They sent me an AOR1, then my partner, too. After a struggle (as everyone or most here) I managed to link my account through myCIC.

My partner got a sponsor approval a week or so after (I need to check to fix my exact timeline!), and a letter informing that Schedule A and PPCs will be required from me, and a request will be sent to my account and email address within 5 working days. Unsurprisingly at this point, I received nothing for longer than 7 working days. Back to square one, we asked our MP for help again. Again, unsurprisingly, it only took one of her phone calls to have IRCC fix their website glitch as I was not receiving any messages in myCIC due to the glitch. Our MP also forwarded Schedule A and PPCs on to them through a direct email address that only MPs and other bodies of government can use. A couple of days later when checking myCIC account, I found a message date a day after our MP called IRCC, requesting the above mentioned documents. Just to be on the safe side, I uploaded them there, too, even though they should be by now added to our file (as MP forwarded them directly to IRCC).

What should we expect next granted my Schedule A and PPCs are all okay? Med exams? Did all of you needed med exams completed, or not? How long did it take to receive a message from IRCC after submitting your Sched A and PPCs?

Lesson learned - if you're having ANY troubles with contacting or communicating with IRCC, have your Canadian sponsor contact their local MP. Without that, we'd be still probably waiting on AOR1.......

Here's our timeline (if someone could add to spreadsheet, it'd be great):
Application sent: February 10th 2017
Application received by IRCC: February 21st 2017
MP contacted: March 30th 2017
Application on hold: March 30th 2017 (agreed to send the incorrect/incomplete form)
Form re-sent: April 4th 2017
AOR1: May 9th 2017
Account linked online: May 10th 2017
Sponsor approval: May 11th 2017
Schedule A and PCCs requested: May 26th 2017
Schedule A and PCCs sent (through MP): May 25th 2017
Schedule A and PCCs sent (through myCIC): May 30th 2017
Added

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
I wouldn’t qualify it as normal but if I was you I would take it as a positive note. If they hadn’t received your application you would definitely not receive any medical request.

As for the Schedule A and PCC, what does it say under the applicant’s status?
I am the sponsor as well as the representative. So far there haven't been any emails to PA's Email ID. All the communications are coming to me.

Received the email with AOR1 (confirming that the application is received) for Sponsor on 27th May.
Received an email yesterday (addressed to the PA) that the application is received and how to link the application online.
Received medical request in the linked account this morning.

On Ecas portal:
For PA: Status is Application received and nothing else
For Sponsor: Says "Decision made" under Sponsorship Application Status and "Application Received" under PR Application Status.

On MyCIC Portal:
Not sure how to see the status. On clicking the "Check Application Status and Messages" , it just gives the following:
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

And under messages, the message for Medical Exam.

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
I am the sponsor as well as the representative. So far there haven't been any emails to PA's Email ID. All the communications are coming to me.

Received the email with AOR1 (confirming that the application is received) for Sponsor on 27th May.
Received an email yesterday (addressed to the PA) that the application is received and how to link the application online.
Received medical request in the linked account this morning.

On Ecas portal:
For PA: Status is Application received and nothing else
For Sponsor: Says "Decision made" under Sponsorship Application Status and "Application Received" under PR Application Status.

On MyCIC Portal:
Not sure how to see the status. On clicking the "Check Application Status and Messages" , it just gives the following:
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

And under messages, the message for Medical Exam.
It seems that they have not initiated the correspondence email to request for the Schedule A and PCC yet. Since you received the AOR1 on May 27th, I would suggest waiting until next week to see if they are any changes. If not, at that point you could try contacting them to inquire.

Olasalo1

May 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-05-2017
Doc's Request.
01-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
LANDED..........
25-04-2018
I got request for schedule A on may 7. They also send me request for pcc but i never got that correspondence email from them for PCC. I called them last week. They said they received my schedule A but also requested for PCC the same date. And told me to upload via webform. So I am still waiting for the PCC and once i get that i will send it through webform as well as mail them.

So as of now my SA, Schedule A submission, Medicals done and passed are all done. Only left with the PCC now. And they already transfer my file to NDVO and status says In process on May 20. I still didn't get any email for AOR2. But in my ecas it says
We started processing your application on May 20.
What is the number that you use to call them? Thank you

Olasalo1

May 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-05-2017
Doc's Request.
01-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
LANDED..........
25-04-2018
Hello everyone here please help. i got this email from CIC on May 26th, i have no idea have they returned the whole application back to me, or i just need to submit the documents missed in the email they asked to them in 30 days and i will be fine?? and if so, how should i submit them??? Thank you very much!!!

The same thing happened to me but instead they mailed the application back, at least they are giving you an email or maybe they are sending it back I'm not sure. But basically it looks as though you put your address where the principal applicant address is supposed to be.

deep1313

May 25, 2017
Don't worry you will get the request soon for PCC once your file is transfered. Try calling CIC and ask them if they sent you any request for PCC as well.
thank you, do u know how to cancel representative and how long does it take to cancel
i have representative in my file thats y i cant link to my application

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
Hello everyone here please help. i got this email from CIC on May 26th, i have no idea have they returned the whole application back to me, or i just need to submit the documents missed in the email they asked to them in 30 days and i will be fine?? and if so, how should i submit them??? Thank you very much!!!
It happened to me. We missed a "n/a" in one line of one of the forms. They wanted to send entire application back to us, but we quickly contacted our MP. She called them and ask to keep our file and for us to re-send the form in question. I advise you to do the same. Fingers crossed! :)

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
It seems that they have not initiated the correspondence email to request for the Schedule A and PCC yet. Since you received the AOR1 on May 27th, I would suggest waiting until next week to see if they are any changes. If not, at that point you could try contacting them to inquire.
Thanks for your reply. Another question:

I see a lot of people mentioning AOR for PA and AOR for Sponsor, are they different? or is it the same as AOR1 email that the sponsor gets when they receive the confirmation of receipt of application and the email that is addressed to the PA for the confirmation and the link to the application?

gagancanadavisa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-03-2016
Hi Guys,

My wife's application was received on Apr 28th. I haven't received any kind of notification yet. I don't know what to do? Should I just wait? I don't even know if they even opened the application package yet?

Would calling CIC help in this case?

Regards,
Gagan

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Thanks for your reply. Another question:

I see a lot of people mentioning AOR for PA and AOR for Sponsor, are they different? or is it the same as AOR1 email that the sponsor gets when they receive the confirmation of receipt of application and the email that is addressed to the PA for the confirmation and the link to the application?
You are correct; those two emails are the respective AORs for the PA and the Sponsor. Two confirmations of receipt that are sent separately to the PA and to the Sponsor.