+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Applicants

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1400 physical days as per the calculator went out of country a few times for about 3 weeks in total in the past 5 years I've been here.

We live just outside Saskatoon

Nothing additional to what was requested on the application - did forget and the citizenship photos don't have the stamp on the back, but sent them in the photo store's photo carrier. Application might get sent back...hope not.

Not approved for citizenship yet...just mailed the application on the weekend and it should get to the processing centre by the 30th.

Now for the 2 year waiting period :(

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopeful One said:
1400 physical days as per the calculator went out of country a few times for about 3 weeks in total in the past 5 years I've been here.

We live just outside Saskatoon

Nothing additional to what was requested on the application - did forget and the citizenship photos don't have the stamp on the back, but sent them in the photo store's photo carrier. Application might get sent back...hope not.

Not approved for citizenship yet...just mailed the application on the weekend and it should get to the processing centre by the 30th.

Now for the 2 year waiting period :(
i hate to bring this up but a friend of mine photos were not stamped by superstore in saskatoon and his application was returned back to him in 1-2 weeks.. good luck though..

where abouts around Saskatoon you live?

Ricbin

Jun 12, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am new member of this forum and would appreciate and if any one of you can provide some guidance regarding my citizenship application.

When i was new in Canada, i worked in many temporary jobs (like a restaurant cashier for 2 months). There is a section 6F in the application which states that you must provide photocopies of your work records. I am not able to get records from some of my ex-employers as they have shut down their businesses. Shall i just fill in the details in the form without attaching any records? Can any one please provide some guidance on this?

Thanks!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ricbin said:
Hi Guys,

I am new member of this forum and would appreciate and if any one of you can provide some guidance regarding my citizenship application.

When i was new in Canada, i worked in many temporary jobs (like a restaurant cashier for 2 months). There is a section 6F in the application which states that you must provide photocopies of your work records. I am not able to get records from some of my ex-employers as they have shut down their businesses. Shall i just fill in the details in the form without attaching any records? Can any one please provide some guidance on this?

Thanks!
good day ricbin:

I understand that it could be very tough to find work records for the work you have done for short period of time. You just need to provide work records for the last 4 years (do not bother for any beyond 4 years). DOnt you have copies of T4s (you should always save those in a safe place). I would include those and if you do not have those, you can include copies of Notice of Assessment from CRA (if you do not have copies of those, CRA can send you copies if you request OR you can print them online if you have an online CRA account). Other than that, you may include offer letters (not a great document but in your case, it might help)... there is nothing much you can do but T4s would be your best bet and NOA.

Later,

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Hey sep15 .. Do they accept the NOA that we can print from online? That's what I did.. NOA from online and T4s from all 4 years..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
Hey sep15 .. Do they accept the NOA that we can print from online? That's what I did.. NOA from online and T4s from all 4 years..
Yes, I believe so.... ( I have read through this forum someone submitted online copies and they accepted them)

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys ...I'm a bit confused .... we applied last week but we didn't provide any T4s or NOA's as they are not required in the check list ...
Can somebody explain this to me plz

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
Guys ...I'm a bit confused .... we applied last week but we didn't provide any T4s or NOA's as they are not required in the check list ...
Dandash, I know they are not mentioned in the checklist. But if you read carefully Question 6F of the form CIT 0002 (Feb 2014), you will see that they ask for work and/or education records... Whether they will return your application or not, I am not 100% sure and I hope not...

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
This not a replay,,,
I am new her and want to share with you my time line

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 11, 2013.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 11, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on June 21, 2013.

I moved from Montreal to regina in August and changed my Address in the system

Thanks

howtoland

Dec 19, 2011
sinpguy said:
Do they specifically ask for T4/NOA? I don't recall that. I think they just mentioned "records" so I gave them my "Record of Employment" from my last employer, and "Confirmation of Employment" from my current employer, both of which state start date and end date (which is "currently working" for current employer) of my employment.

howtoland

Dec 19, 2011
dandash said:
I think the current check list is messed up. It should have included a check box for employment records too. So yes, it's very confusing.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
It all depends.. They didn't say anything there.. I don't think they return it for that reason...may be they are in the process of changing.... When I talked to CIC they said NOA or T4s or pay stubs(4 years) should work..

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I just noticed in the March 2014 applicants forum, they are getting updates in ecas with processing date within a month and 10 days...

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks!

I sent my application in on April 21 and it was received on April 25.

Cheers

dbo73
Calgary