+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

april 2014 applicants for spouse dependant openwork permit from outside canada

arundawson

May 26, 2014
HI As i was reading some other threads, i saw a few lucky applicants got their application approved in a month in may 2014
i dont know why some are getting delayed for four months

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
arundawson said:
HI As i was reading some other threads, i saw a few lucky applicants got their application approved in a month in may 2014
i dont know why some are getting delayed for four months

Thats right arun i did enquiry and they said to me that my file was approved on April 7, 2014 but they did not send me PPR so just waiting for PPR once its recieved i will send my passport to embassy. i dont know whats going on now..................hope 'PPR comes soon..........

mandar

Sep 22, 2013
Hi all,

I am planing to apply for OWP from India as my spouse is full time student in Toronto. I would like to know if I am eligible to apply?

If yes then what forms (if anyone can share link), documents do I need to show? I have read few documents mentioned earlier.

Regarding ties in India what documents do I have to produce? Presently, I am not working so dont have tax info. I have bank statement, FDs, shares and mutual funds. Can I also show fixed assets?

Thank you,
Mandar

arundawson

May 26, 2014
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
Thats right arun i did enquiry and they said to me that my file was approved on April 7, 2014 but they did not send me PPR so just waiting for PPR once its recieved i will send my passport to embassy. i dont know whats going on now..................hope 'PPR comes soon..........
Hi Thats good news, hope they will respond soon with the PPR, i did sent an e-mail a week ago asking for the status,
will let you know if i hear soemthing

Thanks

Arun

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People who applied in April, did you all hear back about your applications?

My husband applied in mid-may so wondering how long it takes. he has already received medical 2 weeks ago.

Thanks,
Pari

ganesh.cafe

Dec 16, 2012
Hi forwa,
will this processing time differ according to cases.because since many of my friends has different processing time, one got in 20 days,one in 1 month, other in 3 months. Totally confused.

Iskanner

Apr 29, 2014
Hi! I am living here in New Zealand for 5 yrs.my status is work visa my spouse is open work visa. We are from the Philippines. Ive got a positive LMO. NOC 8253. In work permit checklist by the CIC the police certificate is not required or maybe it is just not on the list? The medical is not also required because when i had look at CIC website under the country needs medical NZ said "NO". And we are both applying for work visa and my spouse an open work permit. We are doing it on mail application.Can someone enlighten me regarding this matter please?

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Iskanner said:
Hi! I am living here in New Zealand for 5 yrs.my status is work visa my spouse is open work visa. We are from the Philippines. Ive got a positive LMO. NOC 8253. In work permit checklist by the CIC the police certificate is not required or maybe it is just not on the list? The medical is not also required because when i had look at CIC website under the country needs medical NZ said "NO". And we are both applying for work visa and my spouse an open work permit. We are doing it on mail application.Can someone enlighten me regarding this matter please?
I am also a TFW applicant from NZ, lodged my application online last April 27th together with sowp for my wife and trv for my 5 year old son. Police certificates are also not on our online checklist but make sure you have these ready as they will send you a request to submit additional documents when they start to process your application. You need to submit both NBI clearance and NZ police record disclosure forms for you and your spouse. Ours was requested 22nd May and submitted right away, we are just waiting for our passport request now. Goodluck!

ganesh.cafe

Dec 16, 2012
Hi,
can anybody clear my doubts. I have applied sowp online today for my spouse who is in India with kid 4 yrs old.am under worker status.applied pr and got medical done recently. My query is
is it must that spouse should be working in back home to get sowp.
I have shown bank balance, asset,certificates.t4,proof of fund,my work permit.
Will the decision is favorable. So much tensed.

iceprincess

Dec 24, 2013
My husband recently completed his MBA in Canada and is on a PGWP. He is looking at Sales opportunities in the technology industry. From my research, he needs to be in skill categories 0, A or B for me to qualify for the SOWP.

However, I am concerned about the skills classification and how the consulate will determine this.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/html/matrix.html

If you look at the breakdown in the above mentioned link, he would fall under either 622 in category B or 641 in C. I'm hoping for 622 (Category B).

What factors do they consider in determining the eligibility of SOWP? Also how differently is my application file considered if he falls in 0, A or B category? what is the time taken approx for applications under each of these categories? :(

He is very well qualified but I am concerned about this and would love your input.

vijayanand

Apr 11, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
Thanks for reply arun
it seems they are taking too much time now, one of my friend got same problem he kept his file( online ) in feburary 2014. he got medical request in feb than after no updation but yesterday got call from delhi embassy, said that they are waiting for his passport to stamp visa, but he told i did not get any request from CIC so visa officer told it might be some tecnical problem now send passport we will stamp your visa. I got same problem i got medical request since march 27, 2014 but till than no updation just waiting for PPR. I live in Ottawa.

hi

i have applied sowp online on july 25, 2014 and till now there is no update in myCIC

someone who applied recently, please reply your timeline