9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
fireluck said:
Still no word... am i the only file taking this long? ... does it mean my app is denied?
It sucks youve been waiting so long, any maternal situation should have no bearing whatsoever!
Have you managed to have an open conversation with a cic agent? I think in your position I would ask my MP to look into it. You should at least be given an idea of where you stand! ::)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
newlywed said:
Hi everyone, I have a question for all of you. I didn't pay the landing fee with the application but I wanted to pay it now. It seems on the website that I can't pay in online now that the file is in Seoul - is this right? I wanted to pay it now because I was hoping that they would see that it was paid when they opened the file to process it and I would avoid the extra two months. But now I'm scared that it might get lost if I do the bank draft thing and it might be easier to pay it when they ask for it. Any thoughts?
that should not matter that the file is in Seoul...you should be able to do online.....try again and the email and fax the receipt to Mississauga as well as emailing it to Seoul.......do as soon as you can so it does not delay your process..... :D

kingcobra

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 April 2012
AOR Received.
AOR was not sent
File Transfer...
26 July 2012
Med's Done....
22 March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 September 2012
LANDED..........
23 October 2012 & PR card received on 17 December 2012
Hey guys,

There is an update on my E-CAS today. It went from "Application Received" to "In Process". When I logged in today, it says:

We received XXX's application for permanent residence on April 17, 2012.
We started processing XXX's application on September 4, 2012.
Medical results have been received.

We got the passport request on August 9th. So hopefully things will move quickly from here on 8)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
My Ecas just updated too, changing my correct address to some random address in Quebec. I googled it and it's nowhere. Grrrrr.

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
Hey Guys, I have a question....if we pass the medical check and an interview is requested, do we need to pay additional fees?
for the interview? ::)and too guys just a question, if i am not confident with my English and want an interpreter, do I need to pay extra for that?

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Twice! 05-November-2012 & 19-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
Just received my CSQ yesterday! They received my app July 31st and gave approval August 31st. I know this doesn't mean much but it's good to see some action!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
kingcobra said:
Hey guys,

There is an update on my E-CAS today. It went from "Application Received" to "In Process". When I logged in today, it says:

We received XXX's application for permanent residence on April 17, 2012.
We started processing XXX's application on September 4, 2012.
Medical results have been received.

We got the passport request on August 9th. So hopefully things will move quickly from here on 8)
Thats exciting news, you will be hearing soon! :)

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
None,KJG, and Cgagnon i would like to thank you for taking your time to answer my questions when None told me to expect an interview letter for my wife around August 27. I also when to thank everyone in this forum for sharing and helping each other with ideas and last but not the least to say thanks to those updating the timeline spreed sheet.

Today Sept 7 my wife got an email from Accra inviting her to come for interview November 28 2012 at 8:00am. This is what she was told to bring with her to the interview which i don't think it was too much demand but still want to share everyone.

1) marriage certificate.
2)Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).
3)Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.
4)Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles for yourself.
5)Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted)

My question is that what do they mean by historical identification such as school document, previous passport and birth certtificate. Is the provious passport means the passport we submited with our application or something else. They said please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted. The question seems that they are just explaining what historical identification mean but not specific what exact we bring whether bith certificate and passport we sent with our application or something else. Thanks in advance waiting for your suggestion.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
freeislam000 said:
Hey Guys, I have a question....if we pass the medical check and an interview is requested, do we need to pay additional fees?
for the interview? ::)and too guys just a question, if i am not confident with my English and want an interpreter, do I need to pay extra for that?
I don't think you need to pay extra for the interview, but you may need to pay extra if you require an interpreter. On the IMM form (forget which one), my wife declined the use of an interpreter. Her English is pretty much fluent, but I have also read that this scores points with the visa officer. If you can communicate in English, then communication between husband and wife is not an issue, and therefore, one less reason to be suspicious that it's a MOC.

FS

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Fencesitter said:
I don't think you need to pay extra for the interview, but you may need to pay extra if you require an interpreter. On the IMM form (forget which one), my wife declined the use of an interpreter. Her English is pretty much fluent, but I have also read that this scores points with the visa officer. If you can communicate in English, then communication between husband and wife is not an issue, and therefore, one less reason to be suspicious that it's a MOC.

FS
I've never read anywhere that requiring an interpreter would lead to being charged additional fees; this is included in the normal processing fees. Also, in family class sponsorship, people are not expected to speak English nor French. The VO has to provide an interpreter for the interview if requested by the sponsored spouse. As long as husband and wife share a common language, be it French, English, Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, Persian, or anything else, there is nothing to worry about. The only special case is with Quebec, where the PR is expected to make all possible efforts for learning French once in Quebec, but this has nothing to do with CIC.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Not requiring an interpreter is a good thing if the sponsor speaks English and is married to someone from a non-English speaking country. Although there is no actual language requirement, if you were to put yourself in the visa officer's shoes, obviously it is better if the applicant can easily communicate in English...hence...turn down the need for an interpreter. Others who have applied through the HK VO have said it definitely scores points....For the HK VO, you need to get your own interpreter...it is NOT included in the processing fees.

FS

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Not requiring an interpreter is a good thing if the sponsor speaks English and is married to someone from a non-English speaking country. Although there is no actual language requirement, if you were to put yourself in the visa officer's shoes, obviously it is better if the applicant can easily communicate in English...hence...turn down the need for an interpreter. Others who have applied through the HK VO have said it definitely scores points....For the HK VO, you need to get your own interpreter...it is NOT included in the processing fees.

FS
I speak English, but it's not my mother tongue. My husband also speaks English, as well as four other languages, none of them being my mother tongue. The one in which he would be the most comfortable for an interview with a visa officer is not his mother tongue, nor is it English. Hence, he prefers having an interpreter if he's ever required to go for an interview. He'd better have an interpreter than fail the interview to avoid misunderstandings.

And despite the apparent language barrier, we are able to communicate fairly well. Anyway, he started learning French and will slowly start forgetting English ;)

Venecan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienne - Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-23-2013 Redone
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
I hope this year!
LANDED..........
I hope this year!
Yes!!!!! Today my wife got de AOR from Vienna Office. At this moment i just wish see the first visa issuing for this year 1st quarter applicants!!!
Happy weekend for everybody!
Please update the schedule.

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
Güzelyol said:
I speak English, but it's not my mother tongue. My husband speaks English, but also knows at least four other languages, none of them being my mother tongue. The one in which he would be the most comfortable for an interview with a visa officer is not his mother tongue, nor is it English. Hence, he prefers having an interpreter if he's ever required to go for an interview. He'd better have an interpreter than fail the interview for avoidable misunderstandings.

And despite the apparent language barrier, we are able to communicate fairly well. Anyway, he started learning French and will slowly start forgetting English ;)
first i would to thank everyone try to help and answer me Thank you second i just ask about that point becz i am Egyptian and my first language Arabic so like Güzelyol said it's not my mother tongue but i still communicate with my wife not excellent but good so when we made our application my wife preferred if we can required to having an interpreter for interview so he can just for support when i need help to not make any mistake
Again Thanks Güzelyol and Fencesitter and KJG and everyone

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
bbccanada said:
None,KJG, and Cgagnon i would like to thank you for taking your time to answer my questions when None told me to expect an interview letter for my wife around August 27. I also when to thank everyone in this forum for sharing and helping each other with ideas and last but not the least to say thanks to those updating the timeline spreed sheet.

Today Sept 7 my wife got an email from Accra inviting her to come for interview November 28 2012 at 8:00am. This is what she was told to bring with her to the interview which i don't think it was too much demand but still want to share everyone.

1) marriage certificate.
2)Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).
3)Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.
4)Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles for yourself.
5)Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted)

My question is that what do they mean by historical identification such as school document, previous passport and birth certtificate. Is the provious passport means the passport we submited with our application or something else. They said please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted. The question seems that they are just explaining what historical identification mean but not specific what exact we bring whether bith certificate and passport we sent with our application or something else. Thanks in advance waiting for your suggestion.
I would take everything you can muster up, documenting her past life before she met you, and her life now with you. Photos, birth certificate, qualification certificates, marriage certificates, emails, letters from family condoning your relationship together,
etc. Good luck :)