Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
I'm fairly confident that they'll reach April before the end of June. I called CIC yesterday to inquire about a change of address and the call centre agent said call back in 2-3 weeks when they've most likely opened my application for processing. Yay for things speeding up!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
yes - I'm counting on that as well! :) would be nice to start updating the spreadsheet for you, Sunshine87 !

Ideally i hope to get the PR approved by end of September as we are moving back to Canada at that time, but I think that it's slightly over-optimistic... but well - I can always hope for it!

Good luck to all - I keep on checking the March thread to see what is the latest approved, so far I have seen until 12th of march, maybe more approvals today before the week end, that would give us hope...

Have a good day all,
Sweden

bubblebee

May 29, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2012
AOR Received.
/sponsorship approval: July 11, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 21, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
/Date issued: Sept. 13,2012/recvd:Oct. 3,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 24, 2012 /received: Nov. 17, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER :) :) :) :)
Sunshine87 said:
I'm fairly confident that they'll reach April before the end of June. I called CIC yesterday to inquire about a change of address and the call centre agent said call back in 2-3 weeks when they've most likely opened my application for processing. Yay for things speeding up!
Thank you so much for keeping our heads up high :)

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Hello all my fellow applicants. Back from 2 weeks under the Egyptian sun and keen to know the low down! Where are we?? CIC has got feb 22.
But this isn't always a true representation. I see Sunshine rang up and was told they would be opening file in 2-3 weeks!!! Exciting... ;) ;D ;D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Rosie Lee said:
Hello all my fellow applicants. Back from 2 weeks under the Egyptian sun and keen to know the low down! Where are we?? CIC has got feb 22.
But this isn't always a true representation. I see Sunshine rang up and was told they would be opening file in 2-3 weeks!!! Exciting... ;) ;D ;D
Well last week alot of action.....lots of February applicants got approved....majority up to the 27th of February...a few before that still waiting......and lots of people in the first part of March got approved....seems March was moved to Ottawa because Mississauga was so far behind....so there are March people upto the 9th I believe who are approved.....so we are hoping for another productive week!!!! :p

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
I saw a March 12th Applicant approved. End of June it is. Who will be first amongst us Aprilicants?

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
KJG said:
Well last week alot of action.....lots of February applicants got approved....majority up to the 27th of February...a few before that still waiting......and lots of people in the first part of March got approved....seems March was moved to Ottawa because Mississauga was so far behind....so there are March people upto the 9th I believe who are approved.....so we are hoping for another productive week!!!! :p
If sending applications on to Ottawa is a temporary thing to help with the backlog, it would make sense that it would only be a section up to a specific time. ie; a block of apps from mid feb to the end of march, allowing missisauga to catch up with the remaining febs and then move straight onto the April.
I really hope im wrong, as Missisauga is just plain SLOW! ::)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Yes, I tend to agree that the Mapplicants will be done in the next two weeks. That still leaves a week in June for us Aprilicants to start receiving approvals. I'm hoping that the processing times come down and they process us quickly.

Hard to say who will be approved first...I'm guessing it will be those who applied in the first week of April. I really hope that the problems encountered in Feb (app received around the 13th) will not continue for us...

I'm starting to get excited! It will feel soooo great when I get the approval! Then when the file gets to HK, I will be even more excited! I may even stop by the HK visa office to see about my wife's application. We'll be there in mid-August, so hopefully the file will have been received by then...

Come on guys! It's our turn very soon!! Positive vibes all around!

FS

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Have jusst resent off my kids proof of citizenship apps with all the alteretions that they requested. Praying that everything is correct now and my PR app isn't sent back for the same reasons :-[

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
So I just got off the phone with CIC. I know, I shouldn't bother calling...but I can't help myself!

The last time I called the agent said that they have my name in their system. This time, the agent said that she couldn't find anything (and I gave the same info: my name, DOB, and receipt number). So what's this all about? It seems to me that either the first agent lied, or the second agent didn't even check. I have a hard time believing that the agents would lie, so I'm going to go with the second choice.

I also asked her about the current state of affairs. When I told her that I know of a bunch of March applicants getting sponsorship approval through CPC-O, she said they were applications sent from Buffalo. Huh? I explained that I was talking about sponsorship approval...it got confusing after that so I just let it go and said goodbye and thanks for your help (I'm always extremely polite because I have no idea if they could somehow screw me over).

Seriously, this is so embarrassing as a Canadian. I'm at a loss for words. What are the qualifications to work for the government? A coffee mug and the ability to add 1 and 1?

Damn!

FS

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Fencesitter said:
So I just got off the phone with CIC. I know, I shouldn't bother calling...but I can't help myself!

The last time I called the agent said that they have my name in their system. This time, the agent said that she couldn't find anything (and I gave the same info: my name, DOB, and receipt number). So what's this all about? It seems to me that either the first agent lied, or the second agent didn't even check. I have a hard time believing that the agents would lie, so I'm going to go with the second choice.

I also asked her about the current state of affairs. When I told her that I know of a bunch of March applicants getting sponsorship approval through CPC-O, she said they were applications sent from Buffalo. Huh? I explained that I was talking about sponsorship approval...it got confusing after that so I just let it go and said goodbye and thanks for your help (I'm always extremely polite because I have no idea if they could somehow screw me over).

Seriously, this is so embarrassing as a Canadian. I'm at a loss for words. What are the qualifications to work for the government? A coffee mug and the ability to add 1 and 1?

Damn!

FS
I hear you FS. When I called last week they did not have my name or receipt number and told me to call back in two weeks again. I am calling again tomorrow and hope for some news.

merger

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. sent 28-03-2012 / App. Received 30-03-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
File Transfer...
received by CEM 09-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-02-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
Fencesitter said:

Damn!

FS

Hi fencesitter!

Read your message in the April Manila thread about calling CIC to check if my application is in their system. so just a few mins ago I asked my husband to try calling them

We were both online and his phone on loudspeaker mode so I could hear the conversation. And as expected, we didn't get the answer we wanted. The agent gave the 'still working on feb 22 applications' response and said no way to know if our application is registered in the system

Well I guess we just really have to wait...

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Fencesitter said:

Damn!

FS
Without being offensive, ive come to the conclusion that Governmental departments are completly backward in their dealings.
We had my husbands forms for his social Security returned today, asking for an extra signature. This is not something that was originally requested when we rang up. This is the second time we have been told something by phone which has turned out to be incorrect and at our expense! :mad: To add to this, the cost of the Social Number which we paid to Service Canada is $10. The cost of sending it back to us for the extra signature $20.50, and they still have to send the whole thing bak again with the Birth Certificate. Ludicrous!!!!

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Fencesitter said:

Damn!

FS
I would not even bother to call. Guess the phone is reserved for call center people earning minimum wage and some extra bon bons. They have no clue. I think there is a big difference between CRA and CIC. I never had problems when it comes to tax questions but immigration is something that is totally not up to snuff with customer service. Why do they not get rid of the phone line and put a few more officers into application work for that?

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I know I shouldn't call, but I just want to make sure that my app is safe at CIC. It really concerns me...what if they returned it and it was lost? Very possible, since I am in the mainland and the mail system is not that great...though I did provide my address in Chinese characters...but still...I just want some kind of confirmation!

Sorry, the last week or so has been stressing me out...the closer we get, the more anxious I feel! Hard to control it!

FS