Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
I have to constantly remind myself and my husband that however long this process takes.. is really NOTHING compared to the time we'll have to spend together once it's over. And although I'm excited to think about a day that I don't have to wake up and face the day alone, I'm sure one day I'll think back and daydream a little about my times of solitude. So I'm trying to take advantage of it while I can.

My advice: (try to) enjoy the ride and keep the big picture in mind =) We will get through this, friends! <3

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Hiii everybody, I am new to this form, applying to sponsor my Husband which live with me outside Canada.

-We sent our application to Mississauga on 29th of March 2012.
-Application received on 2nd of April 2012 according to DHL tracking number.
-My Questions :
- What is next step in the application process ?? How can I know that CIC received my application ??
- What is average time from sending the application till my Husband get the PR as we applied through CAIRO office ??
- Can I accompany my Husband with me to Canad as a visitor while we are waiting for the PR ??

Hope to hear response
let us start waiting for good news
hope to hear from April applicants

thank you so much.

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
Hi wargo, welcome!

The only way you know it was received by CIC was with your DHL tracking number. CIC won't send a confirmation receipt. The first time you'll hear from CIC will be letting you know if you've been approved as a sponsor. The current wait time for that is 90 days. Then the application will be forwarded to the Cairo visa office. There isn't a processing time for Cairo, but looking at the Cairo thread, it looks like 12 month wait. Here is the link to the processing times: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp and the Cairo thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cairo-visa-office-t69666.0.html

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
It is Thursday today... right?! Why no update!? :eek:

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Must be due to the long weekend.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Yeah, I was surprised to see that the CIC website has not been updated. I'm on about day 42 since CIC-M received my package and I was wondering if there was a problem (missing form or something similar), would they have contacted me? Or if this kind of thing happens, do they simply return everything to the mailing address specified on the forms?

Anyone have any ideas?

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
They would have returned it already if there was something missing. Like with the person in the May thread. If something is incomplete they'll ask you to mail it in. But you are very meticulous. Your application will be perfect. You're half way to approval!

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
:( :( :(Got our complete application for the kids Proof of Citizenship back from London yesterday.
They need the Canadian fathers original long Birth Certificate, not his credit card size thing. (I did tell him this)!!!
He also spelt our daughters name wrong! We also incorrectly sent photocopies, of the Certified copy Birth Certs for all the 5 kids, (my mistake). I think they need the original copies!
Sloppy.........and so frustrating!!!
So we are trying to get his original Birth Certificate from his parents, (difficulties there)!!!
Redo the form with correct spelling, and send originals too for the kids.
And because they sent the whole thing back, we go back to the bottom of the pile. We'll also get my PR app back due to the same issue no doubt!
Oohhhh bad day. :'( :'( :'(

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
When we did the proof of citizenship for our son, I only submitted a copy of my passport and my health card (the old one with only my name and health card number...I think I also showed them my SIN card). We submitted the original translations of all documents requested to be translated with the official stamp from the translation company. No problems at all. We didn't submit need my birth certificate.

Don't worry about it...they're processing proof of citizenship within about 3 months...and at least it's not your PR application!!!

FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
They would have returned it already if there was something missing. Like with the person in the May thread. If something is incomplete they'll ask you to mail it in. But you are very meticulous. Your application will be perfect. You're half way to approval!
Thanks CDgirl! I hope I have done everything correctly. It really worries me because you never know what minor detail may result in something going wrong or causing a lengthy delay.

Hopefully everything is okay!!

FS

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Fencesitter,

I'm sure you will be fine - you have a strong case, and straightforward. My application arrived a day before yours, so we'll be hopefully hearing from them at the same time.

enjoy the week end,

Sweden

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks Sweden.

I was just picturing CIC getting us altogether and saying something like "the first 10 to the finish line will get approval!"...then a mad dash with elbows flying, tripping, etc... :p

I'm fairly certain I did everything correctly and I really made an effort to put myself in the VOs postion - i.e. I made it as organized as possible so that it is very easy for the VO to get all the required information.

We're both about halfway...we can only hope that if they were going to return the file or request updated forms they would have done it already.

But again, this raises the question: who is looking through the application BEFORE the VO? Or is it the VO? Do they sort them initially into 1. easy and 2. less easy??? I was thinking that perhaps that's why some of the folks in February (apps received in the third week) were approved before apps received earlier in the month...???

FS

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Fencesitter,

I think I read somewhere, or was told, that the process is actually double - the applications get received and opened, and scanned into the system ( maybe not all documents, but the forms) - so it's a pre-check where the main purpose is to see if your application is complete or not (forms, signature etc). I'm fairly certain that by now we would know if something was missing (also based on the experience of the May thread), so we can assume that our applications are complete. however, this part is purely "administrative" and no decision is taken at that stage.

Then the VO looks at the application and evaluates it. decision is taken and the answer is sent, either by mail or post, depending on the VO.

To me it would make sense, as not much training is required to see if the application is complete, but taking a decision on a case requires a higher level of decision, and it makes sense to not waste the VO's time ( and we know how precious it is!) just checking that all papers are there.

So - from my side, I just assume that application has been received and that it is complete, and I wait another 40-something days that a VO actually looks at it. the VO might want more information to prove some parts, but hopefully not, and then - approval! :)

Not too sure about the classification between easy/less easy - maybe the person receiving and checking doesn't have that kind of "decisional power".

Anyway - can't absolutely guarantee, but I thought I could share.

Good luck!
Sweden

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Makes sense. I just wished they would post the actual work flow..how it all works in DETAIL.

FS

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Sweden said:
Hey Fencesitter,

I think I read somewhere, or was told, that the process is actually double - the applications get received and opened, and scanned into the system ( maybe not all documents, but the forms) - so it's a pre-check where the main purpose is to see if your application is complete or not (forms, signature etc). I'm fairly certain that by now we would know if something was missing (also based on the experience of the May thread), so we can assume that our applications are complete. however, this part is purely "administrative" and no decision is taken at that stage.

Then the VO looks at the application and evaluates it. decision is taken and the answer is sent, either by mail or post, depending on the VO.

To me it would make sense, as not much training is required to see if the application is complete, but taking a decision on a case requires a higher level of decision, and it makes sense to not waste the VO's time ( and we know how precious it is!) just checking that all papers are there.

So - from my side, I just assume that application has been received and that it is complete, and I wait another 40-something days that a VO actually looks at it. the VO might want more information to prove some parts, but hopefully not, and then - approval! :)

Not too sure about the classification between easy/less easy - maybe the person receiving and checking doesn't have that kind of "decisional power".

Anyway - can't absolutely guarantee, but I thought I could share.

Good luck!
Sweden
I was always worried about this and mow I 'm absolutely sure that they will be sending my PR applicationm back. They won't give sponsor approval when he hasn't produced his long form Birth Certificate.