peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evanhindra said:
I think it's safe to say we completed our journey. Wife is in Singapore, and just had her passport returned. ALONG WITH HER PR VISA.

:)

BTW, our ECAS status is still showing "In Process", despite sending the VO a new medical (no remark regarding receiving a new medical at all), and a bunch of other updated documents.

So, I guess it's true that ECAS is no way an accurate representation of the entire progress.

COngratulations... Really happy for you.... ECAS sometimes take time to update. When I applied for PR card in 2008, ECAS status showed In Process even after landing. LOL

Now in my wife's case, she submitted her Passport on Mar 21 and her re-medical was done same day, but the status still shows In Process.

Anyways, congrats again.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enna00 said:
well updated to my case- interview went excellent the vo was very nice and wants us reunited again woooooooooooo new medicals have been requested the interview was done in person.

Great news. Congratulations and Good Luck for the remaining process.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
Fencesitter said:
Dragoon,

Hope all goes well for your wife!

Don't let the interview scare you. It should be a relaxing time, because you are in a position to actually SPEAK to someone face-to-face. All the papers in the world can never replace real, live communication.

For my wife and I, personally, I don't want the hassle and disruption of going to Hong Kong for an interview. That said, if they do feel it necessary to interview us, I'm not going to be worried at all. I will talk to them in such a way that they will know with certainty that our relationship is real...and we'll bring our son along with us to help make our point...I'll be teaching him "Visa now you son a *censored word*!"...haha...only joking...

FS
I am not scared of the interview, I am scared that the VO has already made up his/her mind. Some stuff I have read on this board is pretty discriminating and worrisome. I am not pleased with what this VO wrote in the assessement.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dragoon said:
I am not scared of the interview, I am scared that the VO has already made up his/her mind. Some stuff I have read on this board is pretty discriminating and worrisome. I am not pleased with what this VO wrote in the assessement.
Dragon, I would suggest that you think and concentrate on what you have to say during the interview. Every case is different and always remember that we only hear one side of the story. If your relationship is genuine, no one in the world can deny it and VO will not be crazy if he sees your son with you. Please be strong and be ready to answer any question. Since your relationship is genuine, I would suggest just answer what VO asks and do not argue.

GOOD LUCK and be Strong, You are almost there.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
peoples_champ said:
Dragon, I would suggest that you think and concentrate on what you have to say during the interview. Every case is different and always remember that we only hear one side of the story. If your relationship is genuine, no one in the world can deny it and VO will not be crazy if he sees your son with you. Please be strong and be ready to answer any question. Since your relationship is genuine, I would suggest just answer what VO asks and do not argue.

Well said.

(Everyone send Dragoon positive vibes!)

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
peoples_champ said:

I am not the one requested for the interview. It will be my wife. The assessment they made was joke, there is nothing in there that even suggested they read through our 30 pages detailing our relationship. They just read the first page of the application and just listed of the points and that was it. No further effort was made to read through our stuff. If you go back a few pages (pg. 62) I have typed out what they wrote. There is no excuse for that type of laziness, unprofessionalism, and racism in this field.

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dragoon said:
I am not the one requested for the interview. It will be my wife. The assessment they made was joke, there is nothing in there that even suggested they read through our 30 pages detailing our relationship. They just read the first page of the application and just listed of the points and that was it. No further effort was made to read through our stuff. If you go back a few pages (pg. 62) I have typed out what they wrote. There is no excuse for that type of laziness, unprofessionalism, and racism in this field.
I read what you said on page 62 and as much as I agree with you, we have to think like them sometimes and they are just doing their job. Since your relationship is genuine, you don't need to worry about anything. Just tell your wife to be strong when she goes for an interview. Bro, I am from Pakistani origin and what you mentioned in on page 62 is nothing compared to stories that I hear from people that have applied from Pakistan.

As far as not reviewing the information you provided, you may be right but just think in a way that interview is part of the immigration process and interview waiver is an option that is not given to everyone.

GOOD LUCK again.

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this is bad mojo for everyone who's still waiting for their PR to come out, but I thought I should update the data.

My wife did her First Landing yesterday. Everything went well, despite the lengthy process.

Be strong and good luck to all those who are still waiting for their better-halves to arrive in Canada.

jai1980

Jul 17, 2010
Hi All,

I am also April applicant and want to share my experience with CHC New Delhi.

My visa application for family sponsorship is under process this was approved by Mississauga processing centre in May 2011 and there was an interview on 31 Aug 2011 in CHC New Delhi in which visa application approved by visa officer. I received mail from CHC New Delhi on 1st of Oct 2011 with my Demand Draft of 490 CAD and instructed me to pay this fee in canada only. I paid this fee on 4th Oct 2011 by credit card. After that in 24 Jan 2012 I received email from CHC my file is waiting for final review. After that I not received any email from CHC New Delhi. I send them few email but not received any response

Would it be beneficial to contact with MP Office. If yes can some one provide some detail and email ID for inquiry.

I appreciating your reply.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
peoples_champ said:
... as much as I agree with you, we have to think like them sometimes and they are just doing their job.
That's good advice.

evanhindra said:
I think this is bad mojo for everyone who's still waiting for their PR to come out, but I thought I should update the data.

My wife did her First Landing yesterday. Everything went well, despite the lengthy process.

Be strong and good luck to all those who are still waiting for their better-halves to arrive in Canada.
Congratulations, you're finally done! I don't agree that it's bad mojo, I was encouraged by those reports when I was still in the process.

jai1980 said:
Hi All,

I am also April applicant and want to share my experience with CHC New Delhi.

Would it be beneficial to contact with MP Office. If yes can some one provide some detail and email ID for inquiry.

I appreciating your reply.
Hi! In a word, yes, talk to your MP's office. They'll likely send you a form to authorize their investigation on your behalf. But I found my MP's office very effective. Dealing with government bureaucracy on behalf of their constituents is one of their jobs, after all.

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Can I join you guys?...just sent in paperwork yesterday for spousal sponsorship. im canadian, hubby is hungarian and currently living in dublin ireland. our home office is london uk. good luck to everyone, hoping to hear good news soon!

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
kaede1977 said:
Can I join you guys?...just sent in paperwork yesterday for spousal sponsorship. im canadian, hubby is hungarian and currently living in dublin ireland. our home office is london uk. good luck to everyone, hoping to hear good news soon!
Welcome to the Big Wait. ;)

This thread's actually mostly for those who filed in 2011, but it may serve you to check in. If nothing else, the timelines in the spreadsheet (in my signature, or Evan's) can help you get an idea of what might be in store.

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
uccemebug said:
Welcome to the Big Wait. ;)

This thread's actually mostly for those who filed in 2011, but it may serve you to check in. If nothing else, the timelines in the spreadsheet (in my signature, or Evan's) can help you get an idea of what might be in store.
thanks for the welcome! i totally misread the 2011 part...thought it was april 2012. hoping to move back to canada before christmas, just in time for turkey dinner! i see you are in tokyo, gawd i miss RAMEN!!!

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Hi all! :)

I joined this forum in January; mainly in the sponsoring spouse from Morocco. Wishing everyone good lucky and a lot of patience.

Here is my timeline:

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Rabat
App. Filed.......: 25.04.11
AOR Received.: 27.05.11
File Transfer...: 06.06.11
Med's Done....: 12.02.11
Re-do Meds....: 03.02.12
Meds Received: 15.03.12
Interview.......: 19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..: 18.04.12
Visa Issued....: ??
Landed..........: ??

FatimZahra

Jan 17, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12.02.11 / Re-do Meds: 03.02.12 / Received: 15.03.12
Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Hubby received his visa same day as passport was requested...today!!!