+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approx Hydro, Water and Internet

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I am planning to find a place in toronto downtown or midtown and wondering what would be approx I would be paying on top of my rent for hydro, water and internet. This will better help me in coming up with a figure I am willing to shill monthly on rent.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Samp1975

Oct 10, 2017
Hi, generally your rental home/flat will come with utilities included (to a specific limit) so you don't have to worry about it. Let's say you do have to pay for it - its a rough combined 150-250 ball park figure for Hydro(Elec+Water+Sewerage) and Gas. Really depends on how many family members and whether its a flat/townhouse/basement/semi-detached.

- Internet in downtown will be cheaper (CAD 45+) High speed but more expensive in other GTA locations like Oakville (CAD 60+)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, generally your rental home/flat will come with utilities included (to a specific limit) so you don't have to worry about it. Let's say you do have to pay for it - its a rough combined 150-250 ball park figure for Hydro(Elec+Water+Sewerage) and Gas. Really depends on how many family members and whether its a flat/townhouse/basement/semi-detached.

- Internet in downtown will be cheaper (CAD 45+) High speed but more expensive in other GTA locations like Oakville (CAD 60+)
Not sure where you are living but unlimited Internet is more than $45 in Toronto plus everything includes tax. Maybe you are using a smaller carrier. Many utilities are included in rentals but electricity may not be which is the most expensive. I have also seen surcharges if you want to run an air conditioner in the summer at some apartment buildings.