+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Study Permit -

Nsekanabo

Dec 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

I applied for a study permit on behalf of my little brother who’s 16 years old to join me in Canada as an international student. Fortunately, the permit was approved and was granted a study visa for a period of two years, from July 2021 to august 2023. However, I have decided that he completes high school in my home country and then travel later to Canada at the end of next year 2022. I am just curious if I have to inform RICC about this sudden change or will there be any issues if he decides to travel next year?

Lawfree

Aug 3, 2021
This is not advisable.

The entry stamp on the passport has a validity of 6 or 7.months

If he doesn't enter Canada by then, he will have to apply again

Nsekanabo

Dec 24, 2018
This is not advisable.

The entry stamp on the passport has a validity of 6 or 7.months

If he doesn't enter Canada by then, he will have to apply again
What entry stamp? He hasn’t even entered Canada, he is still in his home country.

Lawfree

Aug 3, 2021
What entry stamp? He hasn’t even entered Canada, he is still in his home country.
The stamp on his passport has validity of 6 month if has submitted his passport after PPR was received

So he has to enter Canada before the stamp on his passport expires

Nsekanabo

Dec 24, 2018
The stamp on his passport has validity of 6 month if has submitted his passport after PPR was received

So he has to enter Canada before the stamp on his passport expires
Not sure what you’re talking about, but there’s no stamp indicating validity of 6 months. There’s not even a single Stamp on the passport. Only the study visa which shows expiry date 2023 August. From my understanding, you are allowed to enter Canada anytime as long as your visa is still valid. I haven’t heard or seen anything indicating that you have to enter Canada within 6 months after receiving a visa.

Lawfree

Aug 3, 2021
Not sure what you’re talking about, but there’s no stamp indicating validity of 6 months. There’s not even a single Stamp on the passport. Only the study visa which shows expiry date 2023 August. From my understanding, you are allowed to enter Canada anytime as long as your visa is still valid. I haven’t heard or seen anything indicating that you have to enter Canada within 6 months after receiving a visa.
Alright. All the best!!!