+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved study permit, but found a mistake on IMM 1294 form

Jenna007

Apr 14, 2019
Hello guys.

I am an international student who has just received approval on my study permit application.
When I signed in with my GCKey account, I found that an eTA was issued along with my study permit.

However, I noticed that I made a mistake when I filled out the IMM 1294 form.
On page 4 - background information, question 2c asked: Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

I misunderstood that the question asked about any illegal or unauthorized attempts to enter or remain in Canada because question 2a and 2b was about the illegal attempt and refusal. So I totally misjudged the real meaning of the question 2c and clicked 'No.'
I should have chosen 'Yes' because I have visited Canada several times and I have already had the eTA.

However, on the IMM 5257 form, which was also mandatory for the study permit application, I reported all my visits to Canada (all for sightseeing) in the previous travel section. So I believe this will not be a problem.

I'm really worried if I have any problem when I arrive in Canada.
What should I do? Should I contact the IRCC and explain the situation?
I'm not sure if it is possible to change the uploaded document to the amended one.
Is there anybody made a similar problem with mine?
Please help me! Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys.

I am an international student who has just received approval on my study permit application.
When I signed in with my GCKey account, I found that an eTA was issued along with my study permit.

On page 4 - background information, question 2c asked: Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

I misunderstood that the question asked about any illegal or unauthorized attempts to enter or remain in Canada because question 2a and 2b was about the illegal attempt and refusal. So I totally misjudged the real meaning of the question 2c and clicked 'No.'
I should have chosen 'Yes' because I have visited Canada several times and I have already had the eTA.

However, on the IMM 5257 form, which was also mandatory for the study permit application, I reported all my visits to Canada (all for sightseeing) in the previous travel section. So I believe this will not be a problem.

I'm not sure if it is possible to change the uploaded document to the amended one.
You are worrying for nothing. IRCC was aware of your visits and had no issue with the app, hence the approval. If the answer to that question was even noticed, it would have been understood to be a mistake because you disclosed your previous visits anyways.

Reactions: Jenna007

Sunny4446

Sep 25, 2020
Hello,
I have applied for student visa before 2 days ago, but in the form imm1294 in 4 page i mistakely filled ‘no’ in `have you previously applied to enter in canada’ however i have applied for visitor visa before 1 year ago , now what should i do can anyone help me out

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,
I have applied for student visa before 2 days ago, but in the form imm1294 in 4 page i mistakely filled ‘no’ in `have you previously applied to enter in canada’ however i have applied for visitor visa before 1 year ago , now what should i do can anyone help me out
Immediately raise a webform and explain your situation and asked them to make the necessary changes

Reactions: mariazale

Pri47

Apr 22, 2020
Montréal
Hello,
2 weeks ago, I applied for my study permit renewal and my application got approved within a week. Yesterday night, I applied for my new TRV and right after, started working on my CO-OP work permit when I noticed I completely forgot to mention my US tourist visa refusal in section 2b of both the study permit and TRV forms. However, my first study permit, that I filed outside of Canada clearly had that details on it and I never tried to hide it.
So, without delaying one bit, I used the IRCC webform and created an enquiry under the "Replacement documents/Amendment to Documents" section along with a very detailed explanation in the enquiry section and uploaded an updated IMM 5257 form. I also sent an email to CPS-Ottawa with the same concern.
However, what's really stressing me out is, my study permit actually got approved with that accidental error on it and I don't know how to rectify that one. I informed IRCC of that error using the same webform but didn't upload the relevant form because that application has already been approved and processed.
I honestly don't know how bad I screwed up because there is no reason for me to withhold information and I didn't withhold it on my initial application and rectified in my co-op work permit application. I tried to amend it as soon as possible and even if the TRV turns out fine, what else can I do about the study permit?
I am really stressed and nervous. It's like 3 midterms amidst a pandemic wasn't enough, so I had to do something that could potentially ruin everything for me. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank You.

Reactions: mariazale

mariazale

Nov 6, 2020
Immediately raise a webform and explain your situation and asked them to make the necessary changes
Hi. We lodged our application last month, that is, last October 25, 2020. In my daughter's IMM 1294, on the section: 'My expenses in Canada will be paib by', I followed a friend's advice to choose OTHER (when I should have chosen PARENTS). What should I do to correct the mistake? Please advise. Thank you very much.

Zareen Nawar

May 9, 2021
Hello!

I have applied for my study permit. But in the IMM1294 form I did a mistake. I mistakenly ticked "NO" in the Education section where it was supposed to be "YES". But in the employment section I have mentioned about all my educational qualifications, like my undergraduate degree completion etc. I have even provided the documents and certificates of my under-graduation.

Now, I wanted to know if this mistake will create a big problem? If so please someone suggest me a way to make necessary amendments. I am feeling very tensed about this mistake. Don't want it to be the reason of my rejection. Please anyone suggest me a way.

Thank you

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Hello!

I have applied for my study permit. But in the IMM1294 form I did a mistake. I mistakenly ticked "NO" in the Education section where it was supposed to be "YES". But in the employment section I have mentioned about all my educational qualifications, like my undergraduate degree completion etc. I have even provided the documents and certificates of my under-graduation.

Now, I wanted to know if this mistake will create a big problem? If so please someone suggest me a way to make necessary amendments. I am feeling very tensed about this mistake. Don't want it to be the reason of my rejection. Please anyone suggest me a way.

Thank you
As clearly mentioned in the previous replies, you can raise a webform to explain and attach the corrected form.

tiktoccck

Jul 17, 2023
Hello guys.

did you end up entering canada without a problem?

RamSharma.pb

Sep 20, 2023
Hello!

Thank you
Hi can you help me i am also in same situation, i tried to raise webform but they replied sorry we can't get your concern