+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

approved LMO, received new WP for 2 years. got laid off

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Hello folks

I am currently in a very frustrate situation again. I used to be oer stress, worried about my LMO before, but after 4,5 months waiting.. I finally received an approve LMO with 2 years work permit. I was so happy cause I didnt expect that it will turn out well. However, when I just got it.. my employer who is my uncle lay me off with a very ridiculous reason...( because there was a problem between me and his parents before)..... so after 4,5 months waiting plus wasted so much money.. now I have to start from begining again. The thing which hurt me alot is about he promised that he help me but then he changed his mind like that..
So now I come back here and hope that I have any suggestion and guidance from who already experience

I would be more than appreciate it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

girl_ON said:
Hello folks

I am currently in a very frustrate situation again. I used to be oer stress, worried about my LMO before, but after 4,5 months waiting.. I finally received an approve LMO with 2 years work permit. I was so happy cause I didnt expect that it will turn out well. However, when I just got it.. my employer who is my uncle lay me off with a very ridiculous reason...( because there was a problem between me and his parents before)..... so after 4,5 months waiting plus wasted so much money.. now I have to start from begining again. The thing which hurt me alot is about he promised that he help me but then he changed his mind like that..
So now I come back here and hope that I have any suggestion and guidance from who already experience

I would be more than appreciate it.
1. Only 3 choices, new employer, new Lmo and new work permit, or leave, or remain as visitor.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Yet another example case that brings the whole TFW program into disrepute. There should be serious scrutiny given to LMO applications where a family member is involved as, from an outside perspective, it would seem highly likely that the rules for attempting to find a Canadian worker are less likely to have been adhered to.

There is an oft-quoted aphorism "Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done."