+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved LMIA, when can I update EE profile with it?

deeptj

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Perth
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
britinvancouver said:
A visa officer will be assigned to your case - he/she would have emailed/contacted your line manager - the person who told you it was approved. Everyone has their own officer assigned in their region. It's your choice to how they send you your LMIA (we chose fax and to hide confidential info as it's a shared fax machine for instance). Your representative at your company will help you.
Thank you very much dear,
I am applying from outside Canada, my employer told me that he would provide me LMIA+ job offer so i am little worried that documents will be authentic or not.
Can we confirm about LMIA from that authorized person who issued me LMIA ?

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
deeptj said:
Thank you very much dear,
I am applying from outside Canada, my employer told me that he would provide me LMIA+ job offer so i am little worried that documents will be authentic or not.
Can we confirm about LMIA from that authorized person who issued me LMIA ?
Unfortunately, they won't speak to the employee/potential employee - they will only speak to the employer or their legal representative (if they have one).

deeptj

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Perth
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
So directly, we cannot check authenticity of LMIA ?

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
deeptj said:
So directly, we cannot check authenticity of LMIA ?
I don't know about these express entry free LMIAs.
The original ones your pay $1,000 for only the legal representative/employer can contact them with the reference number provided.

atazure

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
britinvancouver said:
That's right you do need to wait for it as it does ask for the system file number, you also need to collect your applicable work permit as the expiry date of your work permit will be the expiry date of your LMIA. On another note, ours was faxed to us the same day it was approved - not sure why you're getting it in the mail?
Yeah I talked to my employer and she actually had the fax but didn't mention it to me.

Did you apply for your LMIA within Canada? If so, did you have to go to the border with the US to get a new work permit issued? I just take the faxed piece of paper correct?

I'm wondering if I need to go to Niagara or if I can just go to Pearson airport or Bishop to do that...

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
atazure said:
Yeah I talked to my employer and she actually had the fax but didn't mention it to me.

Did you apply for your LMIA within Canada? If so, did you have to go to the border with the US to get a new work permit issued? I just take the faxed piece of paper correct?

I'm wondering if I need to go to Niagara or if I can just go to Pearson airport or Bishop to do that...
Yep all within Canada. I flagpoled (although my situation was slightly different, the company got a pre-approved work permit via New Jersey as we had a few issues with my expired one).

In theory you are just meant to take your LMIA and passport. In fact take as much as you can just in case you get a horrible person at border control. Best times apparently are Mon - Fri between 8:30am - 5pm as they have most senior officers in so if you are lacking paperwork it isn't an issue.
The officers have access to different information depending on their seniority level.

They'll refuse your entry into the US on a piece of paper and write "FLAGPOLE" on it and then you just walk back to the Canadian side and say you are aware it changes your status and you would like your work permit and here is my LMIA etc.

They'll ask you about your job even though it's on your LMIA, but just go with it!

atazure

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
britinvancouver said:
Yep all within Canada. I flagpoled (although my situation was slightly different, the company got a pre-approved work permit via New Jersey as we had a few issues with my expired one).

In theory you are just meant to take your LMIA and passport. In fact take as much as you can just in case you get a horrible person at border control. Best times apparently are Mon - Fri between 8:30am - 5pm as they have most senior officers in so if you are lacking paperwork it isn't an issue.
The officers have access to different information depending on their seniority level.

They'll refuse your entry into the US on a piece of paper and write "FLAGPOLE" on it and then you just walk back to the Canadian side and say you are aware it changes your status and you would like your work permit and here is my LMIA etc.

They'll ask you about your job even though it's on your LMIA, but just go with it!
Awesome! Thank you! :D