+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved - Conjugal Partner Relationship

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Was going to point out Rob's point above which you should read - it's important to research responses or do not answer if you're unsure before responding. The situation described is actually a classic and I would even say one of the most common cases for a potentially successful conjugal application that is asked about in this forum :)
"If you have already remarried, that is, you have married before an order of annulmentwas actually made by the court, your second marriage may have appeared invalid and bigamous. However, once the annulment order is granted, your second marriage is validated, as your first marriage has now been declared invalid." That's how you get remarried in Philippines.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Well, the key word in OP's post is "separated from his wife", so the OP's boyfriend can get an annulment (Sure, it is a long process, but it can be done), then the OP can go back to Philippines to live with his/her boyfriend for 12 months consecutively and be qualified as Common Law or go to other country, such as Canada, to get married, Can the OP? Also, even divorce in Philippines is illegal, they can actually file to the court to get an annulment. So where is the immigration barrier existed?
IRCC does not force Philippine citizens to get annulments. Many people have had successful conjugal apps done in exactly the OPs situation, so what you have stated is wrong in terms of chances of qualifying for conjugal.

Reactions: Majryk

dymatize

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mnl
I'm living in Canada for 5 years my boyfriend of 2 years is in the Philippines. He is married but separated from wife. We also had shared property in the Philippines. Aside from the letters, remittances and insurance. Hope this could help.
Are you a former Filipino citizen? If you are, I think the first question you'll need a sufficient answer for is what's hindering you from being with him in the ph for 12 months to qualify as common law. Has he been denied entry to Canada to be with you? What efforts has the two of you have done in order to first try to qualify as common law before applying as conjugal.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Are you a former Filipino citizen? If you are, I think the first question you'll need a sufficient answer for is what's hindering you from being with him in the ph for 12 months to qualify as common law. Has he been denied entry to Canada to be with you? What efforts has the two of you have done in order to first try to qualify as common law before applying as conjugal.
In the Philippines my understanding is it's illegal to live with a married person, and could face some kind of trouble from the ex-spouse if they found out about it.

dymatize

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mnl
In the Philippines my understanding is it's illegal to live with a married person, and could face some kind of trouble from the ex-spouse if they found out about it.
In legal perspective, yes the ex-spouse may pursue a legal action (concubinage) . But that is rarely the case specially if the marriage has broken before, and not because of the current relationship. (unless he has a bitter ex-spouse lol).

But, kidding aside, you are right. Didn't really thought about that.

I guess that makes it more possible for conjugal apps to get approved in ph.

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
In legal perspective, yes the ex-spouse may pursue a legal action (concubinage) . But that is rarely the case specially if the marriage has broken before, and not because of the current relationship. (unless he has a bitter ex-spouse lol).

But, kidding aside, you are right. Didn't really thought about that.

I guess that makes it more possible for conjugal apps to get approved in ph.
Doesn't matter if it's rarely the case or not. IRCC will not demand someone breaks a country's rules or opens themselves up to possible repercussions just to pursue common-law status.

The OPs situation is one of the most commonly accepted by IRCC for a successful conjugal app. The vast majority of conjugal apps actually come from the Philippines simply due to their rules on divorce and same-sex relationships.

wnd1976

Jul 5, 2018
I am planning to submit my conjugal application my question is that do i need to apply and be denied of TRV before i can apply for conjugal? We are same sex.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I am planning to submit my conjugal application my question is that do i need to apply and be denied of TRV before i can apply for conjugal? We are same sex.
Yes because you need to show that you tried going to Canada where you could then marry or live together common law for twelve months, but were denied. This would then present an immigration barrier.

leonamay

Nov 29, 2018
Well, the key word in OP's post is "separated from his wife", so the OP's boyfriend can get an annulment (Sure, it is a long process, but it can be done), then the OP can go back to Philippines to live with his/her boyfriend for 12 months consecutively and be qualified as Common Law or go to other country, such as Canada, to get married, Can the OP? Also, even divorce in Philippines is illegal, they can actually file to the court to get an annulment. So where is the immigration barrier existed?

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
The point of this category is to help applicants who face real immigration or legal barriers to be together. For example, a same sex couple who can’t get married because in the PA’s country of origin same sex marriage is illegal and the PA was refused a TRV to Canada.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Unfortunately, the situation like yours won't qualify as conjugal. You are looking at a certain denial of your application. Because you guys do have other options to either get married or live together for 12 months consecutively to be qualified as common m
Unfortunately, the situation like yours won't qualify as conjugal. You are looking at a certain denial of your application. Because you guys do have other options to either get married or live together for 12 months consecutively to be qualified as common law.
Hi,

we got passport request today under conjugal apps no annulment

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, anyone got approved?
I think annjo got approved with passport request.

Btw. it's not going to help if you post the same question to really old posts. Some are even 7 or 8 years old and some OPs never post since.

As suggested by others, apply TRV, if you get refusal, apply via conjugal. If you get TRV, then travel and get married or become common law and apply inland.

Jaise

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I think annjo got approved with passport request.

Btw. it's not going to help if you post the same question to really old posts. Some are even 7 or 8 years old and some OPs never post since.

As suggested by others, apply TRV, if you get refusal, apply via conjugal. If you get TRV, then travel and get married or become common law and apply inland.
If we apply common law, my partner can work?