+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved BOWP Timeline and Expired SIN Number

lisajane6884

May 18, 2018
Hi all,

Quick update - my bridging open work permit was approved today (woohoo!). I applied for it Monday May 14, 2018. So it's taken 8 weeks to process. My PR application under the CEC program is now at the 3 month processing mark too.

My SIN number has already expired, so I'll need to get that sorted. Does anyone know if I need to wait for the BOWP to arrive in the mail before I can sort this or is the confirmation letter I received in my account enough?

Thanks,
Lisa

amarss1984

Aug 14, 2017
Hello,

Please tell me the process, I am also planning to apply, My PR application is in process for last two months and my permit will expire by Nov 30 2018. What Docs do I need to apply?

Thanks

Amar

lisajane6884

May 18, 2018
Hi Amar,

I'm by no means an expert, but I know you can't apply for the BOWP until you have less than 4 months left on your current work permit. I suspect your PR would come through before you'd even need a BOWP, if your current permit doesn't expire until end of Nov.

These two pages are the best place for you to start:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

The documents you need to apply will be based on your own situation/circumstances.

Thanks,
Lisa

amarss1984

Aug 14, 2017
Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have another question "I want to visit my family in back home for three weeks in August. is it fine to leave Canada temporary in that situation when visa and work permit is gonna expire soon. My friends are saying they won't let you re-enter.

regards,

Amar

Marj.

Apr 27, 2018
Hi all,

Quick update - my bridging open work permit was approved today (woohoo!). I applied for it Monday May 14, 2018. So it's taken 8 weeks to process. My PR application under the CEC program is now at the 3 month processing mark too.

My SIN number has already expired, so I'll need to get that sorted. Does anyone know if I need to wait for the BOWP to arrive in the mail before I can sort this or is the confirmation letter I received in my account enough?

Thanks,
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
So what did you do in the end? I need to apply to my BWP and will need to renew all work related documents.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have another question "I want to visit my family in back home for three weeks in August. is it fine to leave Canada temporary in that situation when visa and work permit is gonna expire soon. My friends are saying they won't let you re-enter.

regards,

Amar
if you hold a BOWP then apply for a new Temporarily Visitor Visa which will allow you to leave and re enter Canada while your PR application is still in progress