+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved after March 18 and start studying in Fall term 2020

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
Hi there,

I am one of the international student who was approved for a study permit after March 18. I started my study in this Fall where my course is deliver online. In the meantime, my college announced that my program will delivered in hybrid in Winter term, that's mean I have to be there before next semester starts. Does anyone encounter the same situation as me? Therefore, I want to know or discuss whats your plan for Fall or Winter term... Does anyone think they might give more exemptions on international students before the end of this year? I dont really want my study forced to defer.

Please share your ideas or situations...

Sep 15, 2020
When did you apply? Not sure if they will open the boarder but you can email them and ask for travelling exemptions. Not sure if they will approve but give it a try

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
When did you apply? Not sure if they will open the boarder but you can email them and ask for travelling exemptions. Not sure if they will approve but give it a try
hi friend! Thanks for your advice!
I applied study permit in June and got the POE letter in the same month. I emailed to CBSA, but they just gave me some general information, I don’t think they will provide me an exemption, cause many of us are facing the same problem. Besides, I am also facing 12 hours time zone difference issue...

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hi there,

I am one of the international student who was approved for a study permit after March 18. I started my study in this Fall where my course is deliver online. In the meantime, my college announced that my program will delivered in hybrid in Winter term, that's mean I have to be there before next semester starts. Does anyone encounter the same situation as me? Therefore, I want to know or discuss whats your plan for Fall or Winter term... Does anyone think they might give more exemptions on international students before the end of this year? I dont really want my study forced to defer.

Impossible to know. My daughter's classes are in person mainly now and she cannot do them as she's not allowed to travel yet due to the 18th March / no permit officially approved rule. If this had been fair, the rule would have been that study permits for in person classes would have been approved by now and students with in person classes would have been allowed to travel - my daughter sent 2 webforms proving her courses are in person and had silence as the response.

It is clear, the decisions of IRCC are based on no scientific evidence , no logic, they are purely political, eg US nationals / permanent residents can travel and apply for a study permit at the border, unlike any other group of students.

Sep 15, 2020
hi friend! Thanks for your advice!
I applied study permit in June and got the POE letter in the same month. I emailed to CBSA, but they just gave me some general information, I don’t think they will provide me an exemption, cause many of us are facing the same problem. Besides, I am also facing 12 hours time zone difference issue...
Where did you apply? So lucky! I mean you can email exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Sep 15, 2020
Impossible to know. My daughter's classes are in person mainly now and she cannot do them as she's not allowed to travel yet due to the 18th March / no permit officially approved rule. If this had been fair, the rule would have been that study permits for in person classes would have been approved by now and students with in person classes would have been allowed to travel - my daughter sent 2 webforms proving her courses are in person and had silence as the response.

It is clear, the decisions of IRCC are based on no scientific evidence , no logic, they are purely political, eg US nationals / permanent residents can travel and apply for a study permit at the border, unlike any other group of students.
Exactly. Don’t know why they let US people enter Canada while US has the most cases

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hi there,

Which IRCCC office approved your study permit after 18th March 2020? There are so few of you. If my daughter had her study permit approved, I'd arrange for her to stay outside Schengen for 14 days then go to a friend in the US then travel up to Canada to present her POE letter and enter for her in person classes. Sadly without that POE letter and approved study permit, she still cannot enter and it's proving very disruptive to have Canada time imposed on the rest of the family so she can do the online classes she doesn't really want to do but better than nothing.

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
Which IRCCC office approved your study permit after 18th March 2020? There are so few of you. If my daughter had her study permit approved, I'd arrange for her to stay outside Schengen for 14 days then go to a friend in the US then travel up to Canada to present her POE letter and enter for her in person classes. Sadly without that POE letter and approved study permit, she still cannot enter and it's proving very disruptive to have Canada time imposed on the rest of the family so she can do the online classes she doesn't really want to do but better than nothing.
I applied it online in Hong Kong. I mean I got the approval for my study permit application and the correspondence letter, but not a full student permit.

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
is it allowed for non Americans to enter Canada from the US ?
I was wanted to try this plan and I am not sure non-American can through this to enter or not, but I am sure you have to stop at US first, not transit in US, as the website said directly from US.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I was wanted to try this plan and I am not sure non-American can through this to enter or not, but I am sure you have to stop at US first, not transit in US, as the website said directly from US.
Go read the accounts of the non US nationals who have entered with POE letters (approved study permits) dated post 18/03/20. They arrive first in the US then they later cross into Canada, they do not do transit without passing US immigration. You have to be in the conditions to enter the USA as a visitor. Currenntly any EU nationals / EEA / UK in Schengen / UK / Ireland has to go out of that area for 14 days before travelling to the USA in order to get on a plane to the USA for example, if they are not US permanent residents or US nationals.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019

Once again, US citizens get some preferential treatment because of the unique relationship between the two countries, and the similar benefits Canadian citizens enjoy. Canadian students don't even need F-1 visas to attend American schools.