+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approvals based on heart related issues

lnd

Feb 21, 2015
Hello, for me the open heart surgery( twice ) took place 11 years ago. Currently my application is submitted for work permit and it in progress. I am on warfarin which needs to be taken daily. Is this history causes any delays in approval and subsequent issues for PR as well? And also not sure, if this forum is right to ask this question.. B'caz, I have seen on web that warfarin is slowly getting stopped in Canada and other alternative blood thinners are available. So what would be the average cost of blood thinners in Canada annually? What is the procedure to get the prescribed medicine if change in blood thinner is needed and time frame in getting those tests done?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, for me the open heart surgery( twice ) took place 11 years ago. Currently my application is submitted for work permit and it in progress. I am on warfarin which needs to be taken daily. Is this history causes any delays in approval and subsequent issues for PR as well? And also not sure, if this forum is right to ask this question.. B'caz, I have seen on web that warfarin is slowly getting stopped in Canada and other alternative blood thinners are available. So what would be the average cost of blood thinners in Canada annually? What is the procedure to get the prescribed medicine if change in blood thinner is needed and time frame in getting those tests done?
Whether your heart surgery will be an issue will depend on what type of surgery you had, what were the reasons you have cardiac issues (congenital issue, health condition, etc.), whether you will need future surgeries, whether you have other health issues, etc. There is a high chance that you will need additional cardiac testing as part of the medical. As long as you don’t need more surgery within the next 10 years it will likely be fine but nobody can make any guarantees and there is always a risk that your general health will change before you apply for PR. Would suggest you include a letter from your current cardiologist that goes over your medical history, current treatment and prognosis when you do your medical.

eliananelson

Apr 21, 2023
United State
Category........
FSW
I'm sorry to hear about your medical history, but it shouldn't cause any delays in the approval process for your work permit. With regards to the cost of blood thinners, the average cost varies depending on what type of medication is prescribed and where it is purchased from. The procedure for getting prescribed medication should be discussed with your doctor or healthcare provider and can depend on individual circumstances.