+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval Rate of a 19 years old seeking for asylum in canada crossing from new york to canada

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please what is the approval Rate of a 19 years old seeking for asylum in canada crossing from new york to canada please what’s your take?
i’m bisexual
i would be coming alone, from NIGERIA.
For me i think the approval rate would be higher than adults claiming bisexual

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Please what is the approval Rate of a 19 years old seeking for asylum in canada crossing from new york to canada please what’s your take?
i’m bisexual

19 is an adult in Canada

Well if you’re “claiming” to be bisexual, least you got both teams covered

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are 19 so not a minor. Approval is based on the proof you have of persecution in your country. You need proof. If coming from the US, why are you not claiming there? You could be sent back to the US.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i’m bisexual
I don't believe that the age will make a difference. What will matter is the strength of the evidence submitted to support the claim. If anything, it might be easier in this case for someone older since they will have had a longer lifetime as an adult to show evidence of their relationships / bisexuality. This may be more difficult for someone younger.

Note that if this individual has family in Canada, they can cross at a regular border crossing to make the claim. However this won't be possible if they do not have family in Canada due to the safe third country agreement.

Good luck with the claim.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are 19 so not a minor. Approval is based on the proof you have of persecution in your country. You need proof. If coming from the US, why are you not claiming there? You could be sent back to the US.
i’m not claiming in the US cause canada is better i know that’s not an excuse but a lot of people usually cross the boarder this isn’t new

Fawaz123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't believe that the age will make a difference. What will matter is the strength of the evidence submitted to support the claim. If anything, it might be easier in this case for someone older since they will have had a longer lifetime as an adult to show evidence of their relationships / bisexuality. This may be more difficult for someone younger.

Note that if this individual has family in Canada, they can cross at a regular border crossing to make the claim. However this won't be possible if they do not have family in Canada due to the safe third country agreement.

Good luck with the claim.
Noted.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
i’m not claiming in the US cause canada is better i know that’s not an excuse but a lot of people usually cross the boarder this isn’t new
Though this may not relate to Refugee Claiming, but with two SP refused applications Minister may or may not intervene. Bisexual is common for applicants from Nigeria, Familiarize with IFA and IRB statistics. Prepare for long wait,

https://irb.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2021.aspx
https://irb.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef08.aspx

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i’m bisexual
Would expect that you are in quite a fight unless you have concrete proof that you are bisexual and your life is/has been at risk due to being bisexual. There have been trends when it comes to Nigerians applying for asylum In Canada especially as the number of asylum seekers increased over the past 5+ years. Claiming risk of FGM was one of the big reasons for asylum claims of women, especially younger women, were part of the claim and so was sexuality. For the risk FGM they started only grating asylum to the woman if there was proof that it was actually a risk. The government clearly knows that many are using sexuality to try to claim asylum. Unfortunately the only people it really hurts is the actually LGBTQIA+ members who may get denied because there is so much doubt because others do lie. In reality, most Nigerian asylum applications are under increased scrutiny (unless you have very concrete proof of persecution) because there have been a large number of mostly educated middle class or wealthy Nigerians arriving through the US to claim asylum in Canada over the past 5+ years.

It actually looks like you’ve attempted to come to Canada via other means which will likely also place your application for asylum in doubt. Some economic immigrants apply for asylum if they have exhausted other means of coming to Canada. You could also study and then apply to immigrate or work in Canada since it sounds like you are an economic immigrant. If your asylum application gets denied you will have longterm consequences when it comes to being able to enter many countries for decades if not life. A protected person is also posting that they’ve been banned from entering the US for life after using their visitor visa to enter Canada and claim asylum. If your life is at risk and you’re applying for asylum the potential longterm consequences of approval or denial will be worth it but if you are an economic immigrant then there are certainly huge risks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simba112

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just read some of your posts. The fact that you applied for a study permit multiple times and you have siblings living in the US will certainly raise concerns that youare an economic immigrant and that your whole family is trying to live outside of Nigeria. You also risk never being able to visit your family in the US. This poster has siblings in the US and used their US visa to apply for asylum in Canada. Even though they were approved for asylum in Canada the US has banned their entry into the US for life. That could happen to you.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-us-visa-appointment-experience-please-help.779014/